Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Atheists here?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Dragurdite
Yes hello, atheist ex-muslim over here. :^)
@Dragurdite
Yes hello, atheist ex-muslim over here. :^)
sh5xjiu.pngtqGkHih.png
mtHAEL4.pngMHHKqsF.png
vMooiXU.pngk7p86mU.png
KwxLkEj.pngoczO35g.png
nfy0IrS.pngq9EEy5M.png
@Dragurdite

I'd be willing to bet you actually aren't the only one at school. Most figure out early on that life is a lot easier to stay closeted. I was an atheist my freshman year of high school, but was terrified my friends would out me.
@Dragurdite

I'd be willing to bet you actually aren't the only one at school. Most figure out early on that life is a lot easier to stay closeted. I was an atheist my freshman year of high school, but was terrified my friends would out me.
tDeKDnH.pngDokVw6f.png66rws2U.png
@Xephyrus

Well hello! Welcome to the thread!

@Pallida

I am sure that you are right, I live in a very religious community. So if they are around they may just be...scared to come out about it? I was but I just wanted to be me at school. I do hope they come out one day.
@Xephyrus

Well hello! Welcome to the thread!

@Pallida

I am sure that you are right, I live in a very religious community. So if they are around they may just be...scared to come out about it? I was but I just wanted to be me at school. I do hope they come out one day.
thorns_by_northwyrm-db96un3.gif
@Dragurdite

I know what you mean. I'm away at college right now, so I'm open about it here. But am not out to my family back home because they are very religious too.
@Dragurdite

I know what you mean. I'm away at college right now, so I'm open about it here. But am not out to my family back home because they are very religious too.
@Pallida

I told my parents over a long period of time, I dropped hints that I was Atheist. I think that softened the blow for me kinda considering my Mom is Catholic and my Dad is Baptist. My mom took it okay, my dad still gives me hell about it.

I hope that whenever you do come out about to your family they take it well!
@Pallida

I told my parents over a long period of time, I dropped hints that I was Atheist. I think that softened the blow for me kinda considering my Mom is Catholic and my Dad is Baptist. My mom took it okay, my dad still gives me hell about it.

I hope that whenever you do come out about to your family they take it well!
@Dragurdite

LOL I'd like to think so, but I've tried to come out as bisexual about three times now. Somehow they keep conveniently forgetting.
@Dragurdite

LOL I'd like to think so, but I've tried to come out as bisexual about three times now. Somehow they keep conveniently forgetting.
@Pallida

Oh wow. Hey get this, I don't even know how this all happened but my mom is convinced that I am homosexual. When I am not, truth be told I really do not know What gave her that idea! one day she just came in and was like "are you gay?" And I was like "uh no." Then she left the room. It happened right after I admitted to be Atheist.

Anyway, I hope they aren't forcibly forgetting you're Bi. That would be kinda inconsiderate.
@Pallida

Oh wow. Hey get this, I don't even know how this all happened but my mom is convinced that I am homosexual. When I am not, truth be told I really do not know What gave her that idea! one day she just came in and was like "are you gay?" And I was like "uh no." Then she left the room. It happened right after I admitted to be Atheist.

Anyway, I hope they aren't forcibly forgetting you're Bi. That would be kinda inconsiderate.
@Dragurdite

Wow! I know I should laugh but, yeah that's a little funny. My mother pulled the same thing on me in high school. "Are you gay?" Well at the time, I was way too scared to admit it because I already was the weird kid at school, so I obfuscated with, "No, I am not a lesbian." *facepalm*

But years later in college, Mom actually met the girl I was dating because I was having a minor stomach surgery and needed someone to drive me home after I was high on pain killers. Her response when I mentioned it later, "Leila? That's a weird name for a guy."
@Dragurdite

Wow! I know I should laugh but, yeah that's a little funny. My mother pulled the same thing on me in high school. "Are you gay?" Well at the time, I was way too scared to admit it because I already was the weird kid at school, so I obfuscated with, "No, I am not a lesbian." *facepalm*

But years later in college, Mom actually met the girl I was dating because I was having a minor stomach surgery and needed someone to drive me home after I was high on pain killers. Her response when I mentioned it later, "Leila? That's a weird name for a guy."
Anyone here familiar with David Silverman or Aron Ra?

If so, what do you think of their hypothesis that 25% of America is "none" but are just afraid to use the label, vs. just having a smaller proportion of the population as atheists?

If so, what do you think of their hypothesis that 25% of America is "none" but are just afraid to use the label, vs. just having a smaller proportion of the population as atheists?
[quote name="Pallida" date=2016-09-15 15:53:06] Anyone here familiar with David Silverman or Aron Ra? If so, what do you think of their hypothesis that 25% of America is "none" but are just afraid to use the label, vs. just having a smaller proportion of the population as atheists? [/quote] @Pallida I'd believe it. I am not publicly atheist because the overwhelming majority of my family is very Christian, and I do not want to make them uncomfortable or alienate them any more than I already have. It's kind of sad, really. But so David Silverman is the president of American Atheists. It says on Wikipedia that he is in favor of the removal of expression of religion in public. I'm sort of on the fence about that because I can see how it can harm people, but I do not know how beneficial stifling any sort of expression would be.
Pallida wrote on 2016-09-15:

@Pallida

I'd believe it. I am not publicly atheist because the overwhelming majority of my family is very Christian, and I do not want to make them uncomfortable or alienate them any more than I already have. It's kind of sad, really.

But so David Silverman is the president of American Atheists. It says on Wikipedia that he is in favor of the removal of expression of religion in public. I'm sort of on the fence about that because I can see how it can harm people, but I do not know how beneficial stifling any sort of expression would be.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9