Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 617 618 619 620 621 ... 649 650
not to ask a stupid question as usual but even though gay is obviously an umbrella term for the community, is it alright to call myself gay despite not having a gender or sexuality? i've always liked an identified with that term and i wouldn't use it irl because people will get the wrong idea because i don't really pass as like, anything. the only way to pass as not having a gender is to be androgynous but not only is that not a style i dress as, i also flat out don't understand gender roles and stuff so even the absence of gender is confusing to me. but also i might just be still grasping on to an identity that only hurt me and wasn't my true self but was something i identified for so many years its hard to let go.

that conversation above me i feel it too, though there's no hrt to remove gender couldn't take it because of disability even if i wanted it htough
not to ask a stupid question as usual but even though gay is obviously an umbrella term for the community, is it alright to call myself gay despite not having a gender or sexuality? i've always liked an identified with that term and i wouldn't use it irl because people will get the wrong idea because i don't really pass as like, anything. the only way to pass as not having a gender is to be androgynous but not only is that not a style i dress as, i also flat out don't understand gender roles and stuff so even the absence of gender is confusing to me. but also i might just be still grasping on to an identity that only hurt me and wasn't my true self but was something i identified for so many years its hard to let go.

that conversation above me i feel it too, though there's no hrt to remove gender couldn't take it because of disability even if i wanted it htough
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
@bulrush From my perspective, labels are like clothing. You wear what you feel most comfortable in and what feels most comfortable can change over time. If "gay" feels right to you, then "gay" it is. Also, yes, it is an umbrellas term so I really don't see why you couldn't or shouldn't use it. ^^
@bulrush From my perspective, labels are like clothing. You wear what you feel most comfortable in and what feels most comfortable can change over time. If "gay" feels right to you, then "gay" it is. Also, yes, it is an umbrellas term so I really don't see why you couldn't or shouldn't use it. ^^
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches thank you, i was worried about miscommunication but it shouldn't be a problem if i keep it to an online space. i think things start to get real squirrelly on american based websites because we have a lot more terms than other people use but if people misinterpret that's sometimes out of my control. i like the rainbow flag so much anyways and people will recognize it above the agender one as happy as i am to use it T_T
@JCStitches thank you, i was worried about miscommunication but it shouldn't be a problem if i keep it to an online space. i think things start to get real squirrelly on american based websites because we have a lot more terms than other people use but if people misinterpret that's sometimes out of my control. i like the rainbow flag so much anyways and people will recognize it above the agender one as happy as i am to use it T_T
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
@bulrush No problem! Sometimes you just need to hear someone else say "It's okay. You're okay." I totally get that. Also, there's a lot of labels out there. Sometimes they help you pin down a certain feeling or part of yourself that you're trying to find a word for and it feels so good. Other times, they get so confusing and confining that you just kind of want to break free. When that happens, I like going back to words like "gay" and "queer" because they give me room to breathe.

Anyway, you're okay. I'd go ahead and use both flags - the people who know will know. You don't have to explain yourself.
@bulrush No problem! Sometimes you just need to hear someone else say "It's okay. You're okay." I totally get that. Also, there's a lot of labels out there. Sometimes they help you pin down a certain feeling or part of yourself that you're trying to find a word for and it feels so good. Other times, they get so confusing and confining that you just kind of want to break free. When that happens, I like going back to words like "gay" and "queer" because they give me room to breathe.

Anyway, you're okay. I'd go ahead and use both flags - the people who know will know. You don't have to explain yourself.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
[quote name="bulrush" date="2023-07-29 18:51:45" ] not to ask a stupid question as usual but even though gay is obviously an umbrella term for the community, is it alright to call myself gay despite not having a gender or sexuality? i've always liked an identified with that term and i wouldn't use it irl because people will get the wrong idea because i don't really pass as like, anything. the only way to pass as not having a gender is to be androgynous but not only is that not a style i dress as, i also flat out don't understand gender roles and stuff so even the absence of gender is confusing to me. but also i might just be still grasping on to an identity that only hurt me and wasn't my true self but was something i identified for so many years its hard to let go. that conversation above me i feel it too, though there's no hrt to remove gender couldn't take it because of disability even if i wanted it htough [/quote] i use gay because i am a man who likes other men, some women use it if they're attracted to other women. some multi-spec people use it, and some queerhet people use it... what i'm rambling on about is that you used it if you feel comfortable with it. the only people who aren't some form of a part of the LGBTQ+ community (this includes aro/ace people, straight trans/GNC people/queerhet, mspec people, etc.) anything you feel happy with works!
bulrush wrote on 2023-07-29 18:51:45:

i use gay because i am a man who likes other men, some women use it if they're attracted to other women. some multi-spec people use it, and some queerhet people use it... what i'm rambling on about is that you used it if you feel comfortable with it. the only people who aren't some form of a part of the LGBTQ+ community (this includes aro/ace people, straight trans/GNC people/queerhet, mspec people, etc.) anything you feel happy with works!
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
@bulrush Like JCStitches already said; labels are like clotches. Umbrella terms and flags are free to use for everyone who feel connected to it. It's okay to feel insecure or to have questions - we can always help each other out [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@bulrush

Like JCStitches already said; labels are like clotches. Umbrella terms and flags are free to use for everyone who feel connected to it. It's okay to feel insecure or to have questions - we can always help each other out
6YousWl.pngLCqISMP.pngfX0bVgZ.pngsh5xjiu.pngqOI0yVu.png

"The way I see it, life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

i want to post this here because i added it to my bio and i don't like the way it looks with everything else- here it is lol [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/VBPYw9K.png[/img][/center]
i want to post this here because i added it to my bio and i don't like the way it looks with everything else- here it is lol
VBPYw9K.png
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
My girlfriend broke up with me and i don’t feel sad about it and I feel like a terrible person ( I’m female she/her and they/them )
My girlfriend broke up with me and i don’t feel sad about it and I feel like a terrible person ( I’m female she/her and they/them )
~friendly neighbourhood asexual
@qwertykat12 (i hope pings are okay- sorry if not)
do you want to talk about it? i'm free to listen, even if i don't respond immediately, i'll likely be at band camp, but i'll still try my best
@qwertykat12 (i hope pings are okay- sorry if not)
do you want to talk about it? i'm free to listen, even if i don't respond immediately, i'll likely be at band camp, but i'll still try my best
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
I figured out at the ripe ol' age of 40 that I'm actually bi... (have been happily in a hetero marriage since the age of 20)

So for context, I have 4 kids - the oldest is male, omni with a preference for males. The second oldest is trans (FTM) & gay. My second & I were having a convo and he said something to the effect of "imagine you like a girl" & I responded with "I have before. Isn't everyone like that?"... When his jaw dropped, I realized that I may have been wrong about my sexuality all along. When I told my hubby that I realized I was bi, he responded with "I know. You've always told me about women you think are hot..."
Like, COULD SOMEONE HAVE INFORMED ME ABOUT THIS YEARS AGO??? LOL!!!
I figured out at the ripe ol' age of 40 that I'm actually bi... (have been happily in a hetero marriage since the age of 20)

So for context, I have 4 kids - the oldest is male, omni with a preference for males. The second oldest is trans (FTM) & gay. My second & I were having a convo and he said something to the effect of "imagine you like a girl" & I responded with "I have before. Isn't everyone like that?"... When his jaw dropped, I realized that I may have been wrong about my sexuality all along. When I told my hubby that I realized I was bi, he responded with "I know. You've always told me about women you think are hot..."
Like, COULD SOMEONE HAVE INFORMED ME ABOUT THIS YEARS AGO??? LOL!!!
Untitled137-20230810200516.pngEypKCgu.pngvoNNCyf.png9EHwGiP.pngWj3N42A.png
1 2 ... 617 618 619 620 621 ... 649 650