Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Overwatch
1 2 ... 347 348 349 350 351 ... 410 411
okay but can i just say that [quote name="Candlelit97" date=2017-10-06 07:58:09]nerf Symmetra's lesbian beam range[/quote] is my favourite thing i've read this week
okay but can i just say that
Candlelit97 wrote on 2017-10-06:
nerf Symmetra's lesbian beam range
is my favourite thing i've read this week
34820.png
fen || they/them or she/her || FR+9

fire
is never
a gentle master

___J0opiUV.png
im thinking of doing an OW signature
prob of junkerstein

any ideas??
im thinking of doing an OW signature
prob of junkerstein

any ideas??
Current Sweetpuff hoard: 47
SWEETPUFF SYNONYMS
he/him
usually found eliminating sweetpuffs in the coli to acquire them
I decided to look up the meanings of the names of some our favorite OW heroes! Here's what I found. (Copied and pasted what I found off of Google lel)

Hana (D.Va): In Korean, it means the number one (Fitting huh?)

Mei: The name Mei comes from the Chinese origin. In Chinese the meaning of the name Mei is: Plum.

Ana: The name Ana is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Ana is: Grace; favor

Lena (Tracer): Short name is Lena - does not really have a meaning unless it is used in its full form. Lena is a Greek girls name that can mean `alluring, temptress, light (Lena is short for Elena)

Winston: The name Winston is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Winston is: From Wine's town; from a friend's town.

Hanzo: This name combines ? (han, naka.ba) meaning "half, middle, odd number, part-, semi-" with ? (sou, zou, osa.meru, kaku.reru, kura) meaning "own, possess, storehouse" or ? (san, zou, mi, mi'.tsu, mi.tsu) meaning "three."

Amelie (Widowmaker): The name Amelie is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Amelie is: Hard working. Industrious. Striving.

Aleksandra (Zarya): The name Aleksandra is a Russian baby name. In Russian the meaning of the name Aleksandra is: Defender of man. (Another very fitting one huh?)

Torbjorn: Torbjörn, Thorbjörn, Torbjørn, or Thorbjørn (given name) are modern Swedish, Norwegian and Danish forms of the Old Norse and Icelandic name Þorbjörn, meaning thunder (from the name Thor) and bear.

Reinhardt: Reinhardt Name Meaning. German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements ragin 'counsel' + hard 'hardy', 'brave', 'strong'.

Lucio: Lucio Name Meaning. Portuguese (Lúcio), and Italian: patronymic from the Latin personal name Lucius, a derivative of lux 'light'. Galician: habitational name from Lucio in Pontevedra province, Galicia.

Satya (Symmetra): Satya is the Sanskrit word for truth. It also refers to a virtue in Indian religions, referring to being truthful in one's thought, speech and action. In Yoga, satya is one of five yamas, the virtuous restraint from falsehood and distortion of reality in one's expressions and actions.

Angela (Mercy): Angela is a female given name. The origin of the name is Latin and its background is Christian. It is derived from the Greek word ángelos (αγγελος), meaning "messenger of gods" (Kinda fitting for an Angel based character)

Jesse (McCree): From the Hebrew name (Yishay) which possibly means "gift". In the Old Testament Jesse is the father of King David. It began to be used as an English given name after the Protestant Reformation. A famous bearer was Jesse James (1847-1882), an American outlaw who held up banks and stagecoaches.

Gabriel (Reaper): Gabriel (Hebrew: ) Zibraeel (Bangla: ) is a given name derived from the Hebrew name "Gabriel" meaning "God is my strength"

Olivia (Sombra): Meaning: Elf Army (English) The story: Olivia was first used as a girl's name in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. While according to Latin interpretation it simply means "olive branch," Olivia is also known as a feminine version of Oliver—which means, yes, elf army. (Olive Branch or Yes is a bit better then Elf army o.o)

Well this is all I've done for now.
I decided to look up the meanings of the names of some our favorite OW heroes! Here's what I found. (Copied and pasted what I found off of Google lel)

Hana (D.Va): In Korean, it means the number one (Fitting huh?)

Mei: The name Mei comes from the Chinese origin. In Chinese the meaning of the name Mei is: Plum.

Ana: The name Ana is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Ana is: Grace; favor

Lena (Tracer): Short name is Lena - does not really have a meaning unless it is used in its full form. Lena is a Greek girls name that can mean `alluring, temptress, light (Lena is short for Elena)

Winston: The name Winston is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Winston is: From Wine's town; from a friend's town.

Hanzo: This name combines ? (han, naka.ba) meaning "half, middle, odd number, part-, semi-" with ? (sou, zou, osa.meru, kaku.reru, kura) meaning "own, possess, storehouse" or ? (san, zou, mi, mi'.tsu, mi.tsu) meaning "three."

Amelie (Widowmaker): The name Amelie is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Amelie is: Hard working. Industrious. Striving.

Aleksandra (Zarya): The name Aleksandra is a Russian baby name. In Russian the meaning of the name Aleksandra is: Defender of man. (Another very fitting one huh?)

Torbjorn: Torbjörn, Thorbjörn, Torbjørn, or Thorbjørn (given name) are modern Swedish, Norwegian and Danish forms of the Old Norse and Icelandic name Þorbjörn, meaning thunder (from the name Thor) and bear.

Reinhardt: Reinhardt Name Meaning. German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements ragin 'counsel' + hard 'hardy', 'brave', 'strong'.

Lucio: Lucio Name Meaning. Portuguese (Lúcio), and Italian: patronymic from the Latin personal name Lucius, a derivative of lux 'light'. Galician: habitational name from Lucio in Pontevedra province, Galicia.

Satya (Symmetra): Satya is the Sanskrit word for truth. It also refers to a virtue in Indian religions, referring to being truthful in one's thought, speech and action. In Yoga, satya is one of five yamas, the virtuous restraint from falsehood and distortion of reality in one's expressions and actions.

Angela (Mercy): Angela is a female given name. The origin of the name is Latin and its background is Christian. It is derived from the Greek word ángelos (αγγελος), meaning "messenger of gods" (Kinda fitting for an Angel based character)

Jesse (McCree): From the Hebrew name (Yishay) which possibly means "gift". In the Old Testament Jesse is the father of King David. It began to be used as an English given name after the Protestant Reformation. A famous bearer was Jesse James (1847-1882), an American outlaw who held up banks and stagecoaches.

Gabriel (Reaper): Gabriel (Hebrew: ) Zibraeel (Bangla: ) is a given name derived from the Hebrew name "Gabriel" meaning "God is my strength"

Olivia (Sombra): Meaning: Elf Army (English) The story: Olivia was first used as a girl's name in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. While according to Latin interpretation it simply means "olive branch," Olivia is also known as a feminine version of Oliver—which means, yes, elf army. (Olive Branch or Yes is a bit better then Elf army o.o)

Well this is all I've done for now.
Drag cave egg pics are broke o.o
[quote name="Lethia" date=2017-10-06 08:11:35] The thing about buffing the other supports is that we might see a return of the tank meta ...Which might not be so bad compared to this mess lmao [/quote] I'd rather tank meta than dive, tbh. x: Dive meta is either: Dive or be dived. Basically the one with the better dive team will win. There is no hard counter, currently. Though dive is still present, comp is just generally a big mess rn imo. I was watching Wanted's (top 500 McCree) live stream and... a couple comp matches he had played out like a qp match LOL. So comp is just a mess rn. x: Edit: Meta rn seems to be 4/1/1, 3/2/1, 2/2/2. 4 DPS, 1 tank and 1 healer. 3 DPS, 2 tanks and 1 healer. 2 DPS, 2 tanks and 2 healers. Seems to be a mix of heroes rn, but dive heroes seem to be played the most atm. Edit:(ed) quite later on bc typos LEL.
Lethia wrote on 2017-10-06:
The thing about buffing the other supports is that we might see a return of the tank meta
...Which might not be so bad compared to this mess lmao

I'd rather tank meta than dive, tbh. x: Dive meta is either: Dive or be dived. Basically the one with the better dive team will win. There is no hard counter, currently. Though dive is still present, comp is just generally a big mess rn imo. I was watching Wanted's (top 500 McCree) live stream and... a couple comp matches he had played out like a qp match LOL. So comp is just a mess rn. x:

Edit: Meta rn seems to be 4/1/1, 3/2/1, 2/2/2.

4 DPS, 1 tank and 1 healer. 3 DPS, 2 tanks and 1 healer. 2 DPS, 2 tanks and 2 healers. Seems to be a mix of heroes rn, but dive heroes seem to be played the most atm.

Edit:(ed) quite later on bc typos LEL.
VMlHnb3.gif
[quote name="Fenixinka" date=2017-10-06 10:37:51] okay but can i just say that [quote name="Candlelit97" date=2017-10-06 07:58:09]nerf Symmetra's lesbian beam range[/quote] is my favourite thing i've read this week [/quote] Glad to see I was able to say something funny enough! It really is too long though.
Fenixinka wrote on 2017-10-06:
okay but can i just say that
Candlelit97 wrote on 2017-10-06:
nerf Symmetra's lesbian beam range
is my favourite thing i've read this week

Glad to see I was able to say something funny enough!

It really is too long though.
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
tank meta>beyblade meta>dive meta

i'm so sick of 4 dps / 1 heal / 1 tank
sometimes i get 5dps and im left to heal

if it happens in qp i dont bother healing. my team doesnt care about the game, why should i ?

if it happens in qp i dont bother healing. my team doesnt care about the game, why should i ?
injG81H.jpeg
ellis, he/him
haikyuu, kpop, ffxiv
always buying oc art
previously erichthonios!
POSSIBLE HALLOWEEN SKIN LEAKS
Zen
Mei
Symm

Zen looks sick I love it
POSSIBLE HALLOWEEN SKIN LEAKS
Zen
Mei
Symm

Zen looks sick I love it
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
xxOrUOvuA.png
I'm excited for Halloween skins, since I just started a month ago!

My friend who's been playing waaaaay more than I have accidentally queued us for comp tonight. I haven't even done my placements! Well I have one done now. Lol. I bungled my way to a PotG as Lucio, normally I mess up the boops on Ilios but I killed 4 ppl in 6 seconds. 0.o

Oh and I made a truly horrible comic of my life as an Orisa / new player.

GPDftkX.jpg
I'm excited for Halloween skins, since I just started a month ago!

My friend who's been playing waaaaay more than I have accidentally queued us for comp tonight. I haven't even done my placements! Well I have one done now. Lol. I bungled my way to a PotG as Lucio, normally I mess up the boops on Ilios but I killed 4 ppl in 6 seconds. 0.o

Oh and I made a truly horrible comic of my life as an Orisa / new player.

GPDftkX.jpg
idzY2uK.png
symmetra's leaked skin looks amazing and i love it omg
symmetra's leaked skin looks amazing and i love it omg
a1a7b2494a0a4e37bcd248d9541a2df6001a20dd.png
[quote name="Peacekeeper" date=2017-10-06 20:35:46] tank meta>beyblade meta>dive meta i'm so sick of 4 dps / 1 heal / 1 tank sometimes i get 5dps and im left to heal if it happens in qp i dont bother healing. my team doesnt care about the game, why should i ? [/quote] Yeeaaahhhhh, I think the problem lays in the fact that tanks/supports are under performing rn. The fact that the Blizz team hasn't touched DPS as much shows that they're content with their balances atm. They keep tweaking (and even changing) heroes in the support/tank class as if they're not satisfied with their balances atm. The current 4 DPS "meta" is the supports/tanks under performing imo. x: Imo something that'll help balance this problem out is if we get more [i]main[/i] healers and tanks in the game. Aside from balance talk and what not though; [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/363731856136470531/366168862548557826/tumblr_oxfqgt77yU1rwhqd1o3_500.png]Zen[/url] [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/363731856136470531/366168857989087232/tumblr_oxfqgt77yU1rwhqd1o2_1280.png]Mei[/url] [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/363731856136470531/366168813936312330/tumblr_oxfqgt77yU1rwhqd1o1_1280.png]Sym[/url] Really love Syms! o: EDIT: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759337935 Thought this would be useful since there is no current live patch notes atm.
Peacekeeper wrote on 2017-10-06:

Yeeaaahhhhh, I think the problem lays in the fact that tanks/supports are under performing rn. The fact that the Blizz team hasn't touched DPS as much shows that they're content with their balances atm. They keep tweaking (and even changing) heroes in the support/tank class as if they're not satisfied with their balances atm. The current 4 DPS "meta" is the supports/tanks under performing imo. x:

Imo something that'll help balance this problem out is if we get more main healers and tanks in the game.

Aside from balance talk and what not though;

Zen

Mei

Sym

Really love Syms! o:

EDIT: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759337935
Thought this would be useful since there is no current live patch notes atm.
VMlHnb3.gif
1 2 ... 347 348 349 350 351 ... 410 411