Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pokemon Sun & Moon
1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 163 164
I got Pokemon Moon, and I'm doing an all bug team! So far I have Cutiefly, Grubbin, Spinarack, and I will soon get a hold of dewpider. Wish me luck!

(Also I still need to fill in the last slot after whimpod, should I transfer a larvesta or venipede once the update is out?)
I got Pokemon Moon, and I'm doing an all bug team! So far I have Cutiefly, Grubbin, Spinarack, and I will soon get a hold of dewpider. Wish me luck!

(Also I still need to fill in the last slot after whimpod, should I transfer a larvesta or venipede once the update is out?)
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
@Purpleater13 You could! If you don't want to transer, though, some other bug types in the game are Pinsir, Ledyba, Caterpie, Surskit, Paras, and Scyther!

There are also some Ultra Beasts that you can catch post-game that are bug types :)
@Purpleater13 You could! If you don't want to transer, though, some other bug types in the game are Pinsir, Ledyba, Caterpie, Surskit, Paras, and Scyther!

There are also some Ultra Beasts that you can catch post-game that are bug types :)
@Purpleater13
You can actually catch a venipede in game if you use island scan. Check out this link
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml
Basically on a Thursday you go to Akala, the second island. Then you use the QR scanner on (I think) 10 QR codes. Then it will tell you you can use island scan. When you use it it should tell you it found a Pokémon on a certain route and show the silhouette of venipede. Then you have an hour to go find it in that location. There will only be one so don't faint it! I suggest saving before you use island scan though so you can try again in case something goes wrong.
@Purpleater13
You can actually catch a venipede in game if you use island scan. Check out this link
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml
Basically on a Thursday you go to Akala, the second island. Then you use the QR scanner on (I think) 10 QR codes. Then it will tell you you can use island scan. When you use it it should tell you it found a Pokémon on a certain route and show the silhouette of venipede. Then you have an hour to go find it in that location. There will only be one so don't faint it! I suggest saving before you use island scan though so you can try again in case something goes wrong.
arcane_small.pnglight_small.pngarcane_small.png
*Browsing through Tumblr*

I arrive in Ultra Space

Nihilego: Caught
Lusamine: Fused
Y'all: Stupid

Brilliance.
*Browsing through Tumblr*

I arrive in Ultra Space

Nihilego: Caught
Lusamine: Fused
Y'all: Stupid

Brilliance.
wORSkxL.png
@Vulcanatus
This is the best thing I've read all day
@Vulcanatus
This is the best thing I've read all day
I've been wanting to play Pokémon for years now and finally just bought Pokémon Moon and am completely clueless so far. I literally just started playing and the first Pokémon I caught was a shiny Caterpie? Does everyone get a shiny right away/is the rate of finding one really high in Sun/Moon or am I just unusually lucky?
I've been wanting to play Pokémon for years now and finally just bought Pokémon Moon and am completely clueless so far. I literally just started playing and the first Pokémon I caught was a shiny Caterpie? Does everyone get a shiny right away/is the rate of finding one really high in Sun/Moon or am I just unusually lucky?
aibotrio5_by_aibo7m3-d82qbdm.jpg
Want to learn about Sony Aibo robots? Send me a PM! ^^
@Sen507

o3o Congrats, that's awesome! I don't think the shiny rate increased since it was upped in X/Y, but even still, that's darn good
@Sen507

o3o Congrats, that's awesome! I don't think the shiny rate increased since it was upped in X/Y, but even still, that's darn good
wORSkxL.png
Ahh, currently shiny chaining a Dragonite. I'm at my thousandth dragonair.
Ahh, currently shiny chaining a Dragonite. I'm at my thousandth dragonair.
@Sen507 @Vulcanatus
The rate has increased a lot as new games have come out. It used to be every 1/8192, but in gen 6, it changed to 1/4096.
If you beat the game and obtain the shiny charm, it changes from 1/4096 to roughly 1/1365.
There isn't a concrete number for using the Masuda Method in this game yet--at least I haven't been able to find a consistent ratio. I've heard it go from 1/1000 to 1/228 (can you imagine???). But in this game, it's been a LOT easier to find shinies.
Two out of my three shinies are from Wonder Trade, and the other one I randomly stumbled upon--with full odds, no less!
@Sen507 @Vulcanatus
The rate has increased a lot as new games have come out. It used to be every 1/8192, but in gen 6, it changed to 1/4096.
If you beat the game and obtain the shiny charm, it changes from 1/4096 to roughly 1/1365.
There isn't a concrete number for using the Masuda Method in this game yet--at least I haven't been able to find a consistent ratio. I've heard it go from 1/1000 to 1/228 (can you imagine???). But in this game, it's been a LOT easier to find shinies.
Two out of my three shinies are from Wonder Trade, and the other one I randomly stumbled upon--with full odds, no less!
@HuggedByABear

Geez that's not a bad shiny rate there. Doesn't the shiny rate also increase with SOS pokemon?
@HuggedByABear

Geez that's not a bad shiny rate there. Doesn't the shiny rate also increase with SOS pokemon?
wORSkxL.png
1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 163 164