Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | A question for Pokémon fans.
1 2 3
I've TRIED EV training... But it really wasn't for me. I've already proven to a Japanese trainer online with lots of cool Pokemon that my team doesn't need to be changed. You have to be good at the game and be a strategist. My team was:

Dusknoir (<3)
Pidgeot
Delphox
Swalot (Yes. You read that right. I had a Swalot :Y It wasn't shiny. Just a purple cuddlebug)
Manectric
And Floatzel

All of these I caught on my adventure ;w; The Dusknoir I got from a close friend of mine as a birthday gift. Duskull egg because he knows that Dusknoir is my favorite Pokemon.
... But then I lost my old 3DS ;w;" I got a new one with Alpha Sapphire, but I miss X.

So I don't care about the "cool" ones in all honesty. I rarely use Mega Evolution too. Lots of people do it, but I'm good :]
I've TRIED EV training... But it really wasn't for me. I've already proven to a Japanese trainer online with lots of cool Pokemon that my team doesn't need to be changed. You have to be good at the game and be a strategist. My team was:

Dusknoir (<3)
Pidgeot
Delphox
Swalot (Yes. You read that right. I had a Swalot :Y It wasn't shiny. Just a purple cuddlebug)
Manectric
And Floatzel

All of these I caught on my adventure ;w; The Dusknoir I got from a close friend of mine as a birthday gift. Duskull egg because he knows that Dusknoir is my favorite Pokemon.
... But then I lost my old 3DS ;w;" I got a new one with Alpha Sapphire, but I miss X.

So I don't care about the "cool" ones in all honesty. I rarely use Mega Evolution too. Lots of people do it, but I'm good :]
@davespriteegg

Yes and no.

I'm one of those people who will sit through a game and will bond happily with the team I use. Give them names, silly personalities, in team relationships with one another (for example, in red I got a Jolteon who pretty much sweeps everything on his own and he really doesn't care, but he's super friendly with my Pidgeot) Friendship and niceness abound!

But then for my (mostly uncomplete) competitive teams. I do the same thing? Sure I sit down and grind my way through hundreds (sometimes) of eggs just for the right ability/nature/iv's to happen, but each one that I actually use gets the same treatment as my ingame teams do whenever I'm ev grinding and leveling them up. Sure, the nature may be the same as who knows how many others, and the moves might be similar, but I always deviate from the online builds just to keep my team from being -too- predictable. I'll test them out in computer programs against others to see if I want to put forth the effort in my games, and that's about where the generic clone dystopian similarities end (@lamarqueisdead I really enjoyed reading your post just for that description alone, makes me think back to Brave New World).

For others, they may not do that whatsoever. That's cool, that's what they get out of the game. I also agree that the metagame is not the storyline that Nintendo/Gamefreak wanted to project, so since it's a purely optional thing that usually only older players get into, it doesn't take away from the themes at all.
@davespriteegg

Yes and no.

I'm one of those people who will sit through a game and will bond happily with the team I use. Give them names, silly personalities, in team relationships with one another (for example, in red I got a Jolteon who pretty much sweeps everything on his own and he really doesn't care, but he's super friendly with my Pidgeot) Friendship and niceness abound!

But then for my (mostly uncomplete) competitive teams. I do the same thing? Sure I sit down and grind my way through hundreds (sometimes) of eggs just for the right ability/nature/iv's to happen, but each one that I actually use gets the same treatment as my ingame teams do whenever I'm ev grinding and leveling them up. Sure, the nature may be the same as who knows how many others, and the moves might be similar, but I always deviate from the online builds just to keep my team from being -too- predictable. I'll test them out in computer programs against others to see if I want to put forth the effort in my games, and that's about where the generic clone dystopian similarities end (@lamarqueisdead I really enjoyed reading your post just for that description alone, makes me think back to Brave New World).

For others, they may not do that whatsoever. That's cool, that's what they get out of the game. I also agree that the metagame is not the storyline that Nintendo/Gamefreak wanted to project, so since it's a purely optional thing that usually only older players get into, it doesn't take away from the themes at all.
championsinferno2_by_intelligentwolf-d83ppia.jpg
Click the banner to see my (finished) project of getting a Bobobo imp!
@davespriteegg

I personally think that making that perfect pokemon makes the friendhsip with the pokemon you get much stronger actually.

I mean, on the one hand, yeah you're not friends with all the pokemon youve caught or bred, but youre not friends with all the people youve met either.

You make that perfect team member and the bond grows between trainer and pokemon pretty well. I mean, you use it all the time to battle competitively, and it gets to battle for you.

TL;DR: breeding that perfect pokemon makes your friendship with it much stronger than with any other pokemon you obtain c:
@davespriteegg

I personally think that making that perfect pokemon makes the friendhsip with the pokemon you get much stronger actually.

I mean, on the one hand, yeah you're not friends with all the pokemon youve caught or bred, but youre not friends with all the people youve met either.

You make that perfect team member and the bond grows between trainer and pokemon pretty well. I mean, you use it all the time to battle competitively, and it gets to battle for you.

TL;DR: breeding that perfect pokemon makes your friendship with it much stronger than with any other pokemon you obtain c:
FR_SIGGY.png
@davespriteegg

Sort of like genetic engineering. Which, if you choose to write a bias against, is virtually the same as Hitler's dabbling in eugenics to try and create a "master race" that preceded all. Not the kind of mindset that is really encouraged for anyone usually, children or not, although the company probably included it as a sort of extra conquest straying from the story line. Well, I'm just a kid anyway, so heck if I can tell, but I'm just giving a more critical opinion on it, which may or may not be be exaggerating the function in the game.
@davespriteegg

Sort of like genetic engineering. Which, if you choose to write a bias against, is virtually the same as Hitler's dabbling in eugenics to try and create a "master race" that preceded all. Not the kind of mindset that is really encouraged for anyone usually, children or not, although the company probably included it as a sort of extra conquest straying from the story line. Well, I'm just a kid anyway, so heck if I can tell, but I'm just giving a more critical opinion on it, which may or may not be be exaggerating the function in the game.
vDURGqg.gif
1 2 3