Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I was just enjoying the show and (rant??
so
Im watching a show, which to my surprise i find very interesting, its not something id normally watch, right
So i start watching it, for it is on my TV. i was interested and just kept watching. I finally got to the commercial break, but wanted more, so hey id just do the norm, wait it out.

I end up getting very freaked out

Why?

Im scared of the whole Tips from a former smoker commercials. And there i go, it was the heart disease guy. I mean, i can take him way more than some others, but hey, as soon as i saw that unholy black screen with the white, square-arranged letters, i covered my ears (remote wasnt near at the time.) but uncovered em (i was scared of hearing the even more unholy VOICE, just.. Holy... No.) of course. So, i continue watching the show afterwards, go gets up, finds remote. Sits down.
And next commercial break i just decide to skip/fastmode the breaks.) but there that commercial again. Next break, same commercial. Another break, the lady who shows the scar (collapsed lung, if i remember correct,) which i was also not just fast-forwarding but i saw it- thank god not the unholiest kinds of tfafs but hey, it sneaked up on me, luckily fast forwarding makes no words hearable because just.. No. I mean. Not the voice but hey, im scared all the same. It just really freaks me out. I jsut... After that i just gave up right before the next break. I changed the channel.

I liked that show. And im just upset my fears overtook my ability to watch it, which really bums me. I cant stand the commercials, but man, if the channel lacked them, maybe i would have continued watching that show, //stupid rant a out stupid stuff over.

Sorry. I just had to..
so
Im watching a show, which to my surprise i find very interesting, its not something id normally watch, right
So i start watching it, for it is on my TV. i was interested and just kept watching. I finally got to the commercial break, but wanted more, so hey id just do the norm, wait it out.

I end up getting very freaked out

Why?

Im scared of the whole Tips from a former smoker commercials. And there i go, it was the heart disease guy. I mean, i can take him way more than some others, but hey, as soon as i saw that unholy black screen with the white, square-arranged letters, i covered my ears (remote wasnt near at the time.) but uncovered em (i was scared of hearing the even more unholy VOICE, just.. Holy... No.) of course. So, i continue watching the show afterwards, go gets up, finds remote. Sits down.
And next commercial break i just decide to skip/fastmode the breaks.) but there that commercial again. Next break, same commercial. Another break, the lady who shows the scar (collapsed lung, if i remember correct,) which i was also not just fast-forwarding but i saw it- thank god not the unholiest kinds of tfafs but hey, it sneaked up on me, luckily fast forwarding makes no words hearable because just.. No. I mean. Not the voice but hey, im scared all the same. It just really freaks me out. I jsut... After that i just gave up right before the next break. I changed the channel.

I liked that show. And im just upset my fears overtook my ability to watch it, which really bums me. I cant stand the commercials, but man, if the channel lacked them, maybe i would have continued watching that show, //stupid rant a out stupid stuff over.

Sorry. I just had to..
T3TuubO.png
Oh I know what you mean. I know those commercials are supposed to scare people out of smoking but geez. Unless there's some hard data out there that says these commercials work I'd claim they only succeed in making people paranoid of watching commercials.
Oh I know what you mean. I know those commercials are supposed to scare people out of smoking but geez. Unless there's some hard data out there that says these commercials work I'd claim they only succeed in making people paranoid of watching commercials.
@dragoncrystal

I personally am not afraid and/or freaked out by that commercial, but I get what you mean there. The worst that's happened to me with commercials is being disturbed or uncomfortable with them. Anyway, on a lighter note, what show is that called?
@dragoncrystal

I personally am not afraid and/or freaked out by that commercial, but I get what you mean there. The worst that's happened to me with commercials is being disturbed or uncomfortable with them. Anyway, on a lighter note, what show is that called?
3e4.gif
I'm not freaked out by those commercials at all and I think they would be more effective if they were as rigorous as the anti-smoking documentary we were forced to watch in middle school that showed someone's face who had been eaten away by their cancer from smoking. They can't do that obviously because it was graphic material. Anyway, if you see one of those commercials come on then why are you still sitting there watching? Just mute the TV and look away from it? It makes no sense to subject yourself to them
I'm not freaked out by those commercials at all and I think they would be more effective if they were as rigorous as the anti-smoking documentary we were forced to watch in middle school that showed someone's face who had been eaten away by their cancer from smoking. They can't do that obviously because it was graphic material. Anyway, if you see one of those commercials come on then why are you still sitting there watching? Just mute the TV and look away from it? It makes no sense to subject yourself to them
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now