Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite gothic/halloween music?
Got any good gothic/halloween music you enjoy? I personally enjoy music by a duo called Nox Arcana - you can find their stuff on YouTube. One of my favorites of theirs is Black Fire, it just has that overall Halloween theme I know and love.

So what are some of your favorite songs/artists of said music genre?
Got any good gothic/halloween music you enjoy? I personally enjoy music by a duo called Nox Arcana - you can find their stuff on YouTube. One of my favorites of theirs is Black Fire, it just has that overall Halloween theme I know and love.

So what are some of your favorite songs/artists of said music genre?
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
@Luthyx
Theatres des Vampires – Black Madonna

The Smiths – How Soon Is Now?

Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi is dead
– The passion of lovers
– Dark Entries

Actually, I think 80's gothic rock is damn good
@Luthyx
Theatres des Vampires – Black Madonna

The Smiths – How Soon Is Now?

Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi is dead
– The passion of lovers
– Dark Entries

Actually, I think 80's gothic rock is damn good
53d2bc868cc38b79c82533e9c7460269.gif
@Luthyx I am obsessed with anything done by Sisters of Mercy, Nine Inch Nails, and Rammstein. They're not Halloweeny but they're goth/industrial and they're all gods
@Luthyx I am obsessed with anything done by Sisters of Mercy, Nine Inch Nails, and Rammstein. They're not Halloweeny but they're goth/industrial and they're all gods
they/them ~ Leo ~ INFP/J
@Luthyx
A number of stores in my area have actually started assembling "Halloween playlists" for their muzak, and surprisingly, a lot of it's actually fairly good. Any number of horror movie themes, Alice Cooper, Oingo Boingo, Ozzy Osbourne, and others. There's not a lot in the way of genre-specific artists/bands for "Halloween music", but quite a lot of them have at least one or three "creepy" songs.
@Luthyx
A number of stores in my area have actually started assembling "Halloween playlists" for their muzak, and surprisingly, a lot of it's actually fairly good. Any number of horror movie themes, Alice Cooper, Oingo Boingo, Ozzy Osbourne, and others. There's not a lot in the way of genre-specific artists/bands for "Halloween music", but quite a lot of them have at least one or three "creepy" songs.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
@Yoster @Auronael @Madarakita

Wow, that's a lot of creepy music! I like it :)

also holy what a moderator posted what why how
@Yoster @Auronael @Madarakita

Wow, that's a lot of creepy music! I like it :)

also holy what a moderator posted what why how
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
@Luthyx you're welcome! I know lots of creepy tunes and songs, it's kinda my special love!
@Luthyx you're welcome! I know lots of creepy tunes and songs, it's kinda my special love!
53d2bc868cc38b79c82533e9c7460269.gif
@Luthyx Two words: Creature Feature. They're not necessarily gothic as in creepy, atmospheric, and slow. For the most part it's fast paced and upbeat as far as sound. They stay true to Halloween and the monsters associated with the holiday. You could also look at Rufus Rex, the solo project of Curtis Rx of Creature Feature. Aurelio Voltaire has a rather large discography and his music tends to be akin more to a musical, which is further exampled by the fact that he wrote and preformed the song BRAINS! in the Billy and Mandy episode, Little Rock of Horrors.
@Luthyx Two words: Creature Feature. They're not necessarily gothic as in creepy, atmospheric, and slow. For the most part it's fast paced and upbeat as far as sound. They stay true to Halloween and the monsters associated with the holiday. You could also look at Rufus Rex, the solo project of Curtis Rx of Creature Feature. Aurelio Voltaire has a rather large discography and his music tends to be akin more to a musical, which is further exampled by the fact that he wrote and preformed the song BRAINS! in the Billy and Mandy episode, Little Rock of Horrors.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
@Luthyx
I like Nox Arcana as well, but can't decide between their albums Transylvania, The Dark Tower, or Blackthorn Asylum as my favorite.
@Luthyx
I like Nox Arcana as well, but can't decide between their albums Transylvania, The Dark Tower, or Blackthorn Asylum as my favorite.
DuLvCwY.png