Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Streaming games?
Hey guys, anybody here streaming games on Twitch or similar websites? Or just generally watching others stream?

I'm thinking of starting my own stream to just kinda add a social layer to my game sessions, so that I can interact with my friends (and strangers) across the globe while mashing buttons. I am a bit self-conscious about my accent though, English isn't my first language and well...I sound a bit funny. I do a lot of talking in English at work, and have done my share of public speaking, but the idea of essentially talking to myself is definitely something I'd have to get used to.

If you guys stream, how did you deal with the 'stage fright' of trying streaming for the first time?
Hey guys, anybody here streaming games on Twitch or similar websites? Or just generally watching others stream?

I'm thinking of starting my own stream to just kinda add a social layer to my game sessions, so that I can interact with my friends (and strangers) across the globe while mashing buttons. I am a bit self-conscious about my accent though, English isn't my first language and well...I sound a bit funny. I do a lot of talking in English at work, and have done my share of public speaking, but the idea of essentially talking to myself is definitely something I'd have to get used to.

If you guys stream, how did you deal with the 'stage fright' of trying streaming for the first time?
rjeHYF3.png
I occasionally stream art when I'm working on a project I really like, other times I'll stream from my Xbox one. Mostly games like destiny or dragon age inquisition, games that I can play with friends while having other people watch.

I really talk during the streams, like on mic. I'm active in chat when I can be but aside from that I'm trying to focus on the game or I'm in a party on Xbox and the stream doesn't pick up party chat for some reason.
I occasionally stream art when I'm working on a project I really like, other times I'll stream from my Xbox one. Mostly games like destiny or dragon age inquisition, games that I can play with friends while having other people watch.

I really talk during the streams, like on mic. I'm active in chat when I can be but aside from that I'm trying to focus on the game or I'm in a party on Xbox and the stream doesn't pick up party chat for some reason.
8vfZ9uw.png
@ozvena
I occasionally stream so my friends can watch me play games. Do you ever kinda like internally do self commentary when playing games? I tend to do that so I basically just verbalize that lol. Last time I did it we had a skype chat too (they were only text) so I was basically just talking to them as they reacted to me playing.
@ozvena
I occasionally stream so my friends can watch me play games. Do you ever kinda like internally do self commentary when playing games? I tend to do that so I basically just verbalize that lol. Last time I did it we had a skype chat too (they were only text) so I was basically just talking to them as they reacted to me playing.
DRr34Qm.png
@einseiger Yup, one of the reasons why I consider starting my own streams is because I do have my internal monologues and it would make playing the games a lot different if I could verbalize that and interact with people.
My biggest problem is the accent, I'm scared people will focus on how funny I sound instead of what I'm actually saying xD But it might be a bit irrational, I do watch a lot of foreign streamers who use English and it never felt weird or out of place. A lot of people are just self-conscious about their voice, so I guess I'm just one of them.
@einseiger Yup, one of the reasons why I consider starting my own streams is because I do have my internal monologues and it would make playing the games a lot different if I could verbalize that and interact with people.
My biggest problem is the accent, I'm scared people will focus on how funny I sound instead of what I'm actually saying xD But it might be a bit irrational, I do watch a lot of foreign streamers who use English and it never felt weird or out of place. A lot of people are just self-conscious about their voice, so I guess I'm just one of them.
rjeHYF3.png
[quote name="Lupi" date=2016-03-03 07:07:49] I'm in a party on Xbox and the stream doesn't pick up party chat for some reason. [/quote] @Lupi that's coming in the next dash update, got it in the preview yesterday. I've thought about setting one up now and then, i dont watch streams for games at all, as i'd rather spend my time actually playing the games.
Lupi wrote on 2016-03-03:
I'm in a party on Xbox and the stream doesn't pick up party chat for some reason.
@Lupi that's coming in the next dash update, got it in the preview yesterday.

I've thought about setting one up now and then, i dont watch streams for games at all, as i'd rather spend my time actually playing the games.
gBiG1sU.png Preview Accents On Scrys!
List of new colors and HTML Values
Click the art to go to the artists!
Need help with Coding? Just Ask!
I'm Friendly, but blunt on occasion.
Need Help Melting Mats? Ask Here!
jdf0AYP.png
@imgoingtospace thank you for telling me :) gives me more of a motivation to stream now since I can be in a party and the stream can hear us!
@imgoingtospace thank you for telling me :) gives me more of a motivation to stream now since I can be in a party and the stream can hear us!
8vfZ9uw.png