Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Astronomy Club!
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 76 77
I hope it'll clear up (gosh darn clouds!) for me to be able to witness it!
I hope it'll clear up (gosh darn clouds!) for me to be able to witness it!
uPGLGEy.png
@ButterflyGalaxy
AA
me too ;w; it's looking pretty cloudy where I am
@ButterflyGalaxy
AA
me too ;w; it's looking pretty cloudy where I am
" ny'all need to chill "
tumblr_inline_ntwzqadrsd1reem51_250.png
@ZannaDragon @souphands @Exterreri @Cosmological @PoemsOfLou @Finian @deputykuriboh @Reltseo @limeypie @Amee @Zhukov @Catcats @Razzledazzy @NightFire102 @cosmicpoppies @Paperdragon337 @Zues @Erock @TheMageLemon245 @Nekron @Novaturen @Chronosplit @GrimdarkRoxy @MagicStar @feming @PeachySpace @Sparklepelt @solarsuntzu @thegoogy @RedbirdTheGreat @Butterfliez @Steffon @CEGAMischief @TiaDaWerecat @hatichu @favplusle @Spookying @PrinceAsriel @Barrypaws @Mossflight @SpaceWolf @TigerWind @Xoriat @Littletime @firecrest @luckydragon12 @GiroGirl723 @Sebak @Usatov @FireFury16 @bananaquit @Alvis @pseudovum @Gemmbot @SwiftSeagull @MiddyLark @Lup @Yatzstar @KCGallows @Verwald @Lilydale @Rattz @klefaeries @SylvrFox @melonsaur @GinaNeko @CalinaEstel @vostok @Krynne @croninians @cashe @DracoKnyght @PlayerOne @CommanderShepard @slotho @Maotai @Amaranth41 @burningskies @missy20201 @CyberNexus @Kurigon @katzentai @Attor @MidNightTiger @Glacecakes @TheClassCalico @Mochii @ButterflyGalaxy @Sivan @Saifur1982 @DragonCandle @Writerly @SparkOfRuby @FlyingSharks

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/hubble-finds-planet-orbiting-pair-of-stars
Thought this article I found while peeking at the NASA website was interesting! c:
@ZannaDragon @souphands @Exterreri @Cosmological @PoemsOfLou @Finian @deputykuriboh @Reltseo @limeypie @Amee @Zhukov @Catcats @Razzledazzy @NightFire102 @cosmicpoppies @Paperdragon337 @Zues @Erock @TheMageLemon245 @Nekron @Novaturen @Chronosplit @GrimdarkRoxy @MagicStar @feming @PeachySpace @Sparklepelt @solarsuntzu @thegoogy @RedbirdTheGreat @Butterfliez @Steffon @CEGAMischief @TiaDaWerecat @hatichu @favplusle @Spookying @PrinceAsriel @Barrypaws @Mossflight @SpaceWolf @TigerWind @Xoriat @Littletime @firecrest @luckydragon12 @GiroGirl723 @Sebak @Usatov @FireFury16 @bananaquit @Alvis @pseudovum @Gemmbot @SwiftSeagull @MiddyLark @Lup @Yatzstar @KCGallows @Verwald @Lilydale @Rattz @klefaeries @SylvrFox @melonsaur @GinaNeko @CalinaEstel @vostok @Krynne @croninians @cashe @DracoKnyght @PlayerOne @CommanderShepard @slotho @Maotai @Amaranth41 @burningskies @missy20201 @CyberNexus @Kurigon @katzentai @Attor @MidNightTiger @Glacecakes @TheClassCalico @Mochii @ButterflyGalaxy @Sivan @Saifur1982 @DragonCandle @Writerly @SparkOfRuby @FlyingSharks

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/hubble-finds-planet-orbiting-pair-of-stars
Thought this article I found while peeking at the NASA website was interesting! c:
5vaIIUT.png vwJuAor.pngUYAx2tm.png
@Mossflight

Oooh, that is interesting! Thanks for sharing!!

Clear Skies!
@Mossflight

Oooh, that is interesting! Thanks for sharing!!

Clear Skies!
Oh my I had no idea a club like this existed here! Astronomy is one of my favorite hobbies! Mind if I join in on the fun? :O
Oh my I had no idea a club like this existed here! Astronomy is one of my favorite hobbies! Mind if I join in on the fun? :O
NN9NPXA.png SYiQlxK.png 8v87W4g.png
pZJYyk4.png aUzL2Bv.png cFHVk5Q.png
66wxnCy.png yoPbFcz.png gVI5OAO.png
I can't remember how to make signatures anymore lol
@Tenoria

Sure! I'll add you right away. You're very welcome here! :) Do you have a telescope? (that's not a requirement of the club, I'm just curious!)

Clear Skies!
@Tenoria

Sure! I'll add you right away. You're very welcome here! :) Do you have a telescope? (that's not a requirement of the club, I'm just curious!)

Clear Skies!
@ZannaDragon

I do! But its not very good :/ My mom and I mostly use high power binoculars to look at the moon :V We're kind of saving up for a stronger one, and that'll be a fun night :P
@ZannaDragon

I do! But its not very good :/ My mom and I mostly use high power binoculars to look at the moon :V We're kind of saving up for a stronger one, and that'll be a fun night :P
NN9NPXA.png SYiQlxK.png 8v87W4g.png
pZJYyk4.png aUzL2Bv.png cFHVk5Q.png
66wxnCy.png yoPbFcz.png gVI5OAO.png
I can't remember how to make signatures anymore lol
@mossflight

Wow!
@mossflight

Wow!
qXZqPz6.gif
@Tenoria

I apologize for the long delay in responding! RL stuff cropped up and I didn't have time for FR this past week!

Binoculars can be a great sky observing tool, too! I always try to bring some when I go out observing; the wide field of view is nice and it's surprising how many targets are visible in just a pair of binoculars!

As for a telescope, I've got an Orion XT8 Dobsonian. It's really nice; definitely the best telescope for me! I'm very into deep-sky observing, so the large aperture (8") is great. I'd recommend you take a look at the Orion XT series when you look for a stronger one, as they're good beginner scopes, as well as having great optics! The XT8 also fares quite well on the planets; no pesky chromatic abberation!

Clear Skies!
@Tenoria

I apologize for the long delay in responding! RL stuff cropped up and I didn't have time for FR this past week!

Binoculars can be a great sky observing tool, too! I always try to bring some when I go out observing; the wide field of view is nice and it's surprising how many targets are visible in just a pair of binoculars!

As for a telescope, I've got an Orion XT8 Dobsonian. It's really nice; definitely the best telescope for me! I'm very into deep-sky observing, so the large aperture (8") is great. I'd recommend you take a look at the Orion XT series when you look for a stronger one, as they're good beginner scopes, as well as having great optics! The XT8 also fares quite well on the planets; no pesky chromatic abberation!

Clear Skies!
Hello people!

I'm new in this club, I do not know a lot about astronomy and I sadly do not own a telescope, but I think that space is really cool and fascinating (and beautiful).

If you didn't know sutungr (my username) is the name of one of saturn moons!
I've also named most of my dragons in a space theme
Hello people!

I'm new in this club, I do not know a lot about astronomy and I sadly do not own a telescope, but I think that space is really cool and fascinating (and beautiful).

If you didn't know sutungr (my username) is the name of one of saturn moons!
I've also named most of my dragons in a space theme
suttungr-001.png
WaterFamiliars_zpscjnbna8i.png
HatcherySmall_zpsjtlpoyq8.gifFestivalSmall_zpsser5hlkk.gifSPCSmall_zpsm4zxehdo.gifAccentSmall_zpsx87abnqe.gifWishlistSmall_zpsklft7fqz.gif
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 76 77