Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | worst anime series you've ever watched
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 31
@Werelynx

This is a completely blind assumption, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it's a generational thing. Most of the people I know who like SAO are tweenagers who are just starting to develop an interest in anime. AOT is somewhat similar but not quite so extreme from what I know.

There was a time when people my age (15-20 year olds) went through this as well, and now personally I have a difficult time getting into newer anime at all, but my sister who's 14 is a lot more receptive and likes most newer anime, including the two I've mentioned, which seem to be this gen's superstars. Most of the anime I grew up with, like the FMA/Bleach/Death Note power trio, are lesser known or lesser liked by my sister and her peers from school, who are more fond of SAO and AOT due to those being the shiny new things.

TL;DR this is what the kids are watching these days, and I think opinions of certain series will probably vary depending on the age demographic being asked. Again, no idea how true this is with the general population, but it's the vibe I've picked up from interacting with my sister and her anime fan friends.
@Werelynx

This is a completely blind assumption, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it's a generational thing. Most of the people I know who like SAO are tweenagers who are just starting to develop an interest in anime. AOT is somewhat similar but not quite so extreme from what I know.

There was a time when people my age (15-20 year olds) went through this as well, and now personally I have a difficult time getting into newer anime at all, but my sister who's 14 is a lot more receptive and likes most newer anime, including the two I've mentioned, which seem to be this gen's superstars. Most of the anime I grew up with, like the FMA/Bleach/Death Note power trio, are lesser known or lesser liked by my sister and her peers from school, who are more fond of SAO and AOT due to those being the shiny new things.

TL;DR this is what the kids are watching these days, and I think opinions of certain series will probably vary depending on the age demographic being asked. Again, no idea how true this is with the general population, but it's the vibe I've picked up from interacting with my sister and her anime fan friends.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
SAO is first to come to mind tbh.

Also Elfen Lied? I heard it was really good but I swear it was the most boring thing i've even seen? And Another, too. Amongst many others I disliked.
SAO is first to come to mind tbh.

Also Elfen Lied? I heard it was really good but I swear it was the most boring thing i've even seen? And Another, too. Amongst many others I disliked.
2cf2tet.png
Rosario Vampire.

Local nerd human is fawned over by dozens of boringly beautiful monster ladies who have way too many panty shots.
Kind of sexist.
Really boring.
Could NOT get through it.
Rosario Vampire.

Local nerd human is fawned over by dozens of boringly beautiful monster ladies who have way too many panty shots.
Kind of sexist.
Really boring.
Could NOT get through it.
Fullmetal Alchemist could do without the chibi scenes... It is better when it isn't doing that....

Also Final Fantasy VII Advent Children is really boring and the villains are corny but not in a good way.
Fullmetal Alchemist could do without the chibi scenes... It is better when it isn't doing that....

Also Final Fantasy VII Advent Children is really boring and the villains are corny but not in a good way.
my colors!
my cool ids interest check
My entry for cicada scavenger hunt
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Worst anime I even watched?
Let's see... Lucky Star.
Worst anime I even watched?
Let's see... Lucky Star.
Togainu no chi.
Like seriously at first it was good, a good story line, I mean the drug called Line was great, but the ending was so inconclusive, like seriously, you would just end it there, you would kill off a character that everybody loved, you would just leave mystery after mystery cuz let's face it, there's no manga series of what this is based off, like screw you man, screw you.

As for another one, Yugioh Zexel, was like a ripoff of the very first and main yugioh series, with yugi and jonouchi aka joey wheeler, like seriously, you could not figure out a better storyline like you did so sublime with the normal yugioh, and yugioh 5d's, and yugioh gx, and you honestly couldn't make something different, like what is the matter with you people? Seriously.
Togainu no chi.
Like seriously at first it was good, a good story line, I mean the drug called Line was great, but the ending was so inconclusive, like seriously, you would just end it there, you would kill off a character that everybody loved, you would just leave mystery after mystery cuz let's face it, there's no manga series of what this is based off, like screw you man, screw you.

As for another one, Yugioh Zexel, was like a ripoff of the very first and main yugioh series, with yugi and jonouchi aka joey wheeler, like seriously, you could not figure out a better storyline like you did so sublime with the normal yugioh, and yugioh 5d's, and yugioh gx, and you honestly couldn't make something different, like what is the matter with you people? Seriously.
[img][/img]HzGpUHb.png
All of them.
All of them.
dvAAau9.pnglight.gif
SAO is pretty bad at times, the second arc ruined it like -150/100.
SPOILERS?
Kirito is literaly the main character, he has girls (even his cousin, which is augh man) and Asuna doesn't really do much to stop it nor does she point it out. *His harem* quietly in the distance.

He is a prodigy, handsome, strong, literally DESTINED to be the main character, he was chosen to receive the ONLY SKILL THAT THE HERO CAN GET. HE is already unique right of the bat, and now he's chosen to do special missions and everyone just waits for him to come by to help their problems since Kirito is pretty much the only capable one and intelligent one to comprehend these things. Oh, he's also the loner, and made a name for himself right off the bat at the first couple episodes BEATERS (beta tester's, which means he already knows about the game and had tested it, so obviously he knows every SINGLE thing about it) and a cheater (because he is technically due to his VAST immediate KNOWLEDGE)

Did I also mention he's pretty high leveled to begin with, and that girls fawn over him? (two girls hugging him to push their breasts against him as an appeal to get the strong man to their guild.)

I like the concept, don't get me wrong. Virtual videogaming to immerse ourselves in physically is pretty awesome
...but :< he ruined it for a me and Asuna's fiance who is a pervert and likes to lick her and her breasts... .-. oh and the tentacle monster servants he has who feel asuna ;-; Why.

SAO is pretty bad at times, the second arc ruined it like -150/100.
SPOILERS?
Kirito is literaly the main character, he has girls (even his cousin, which is augh man) and Asuna doesn't really do much to stop it nor does she point it out. *His harem* quietly in the distance.

He is a prodigy, handsome, strong, literally DESTINED to be the main character, he was chosen to receive the ONLY SKILL THAT THE HERO CAN GET. HE is already unique right of the bat, and now he's chosen to do special missions and everyone just waits for him to come by to help their problems since Kirito is pretty much the only capable one and intelligent one to comprehend these things. Oh, he's also the loner, and made a name for himself right off the bat at the first couple episodes BEATERS (beta tester's, which means he already knows about the game and had tested it, so obviously he knows every SINGLE thing about it) and a cheater (because he is technically due to his VAST immediate KNOWLEDGE)

Did I also mention he's pretty high leveled to begin with, and that girls fawn over him? (two girls hugging him to push their breasts against him as an appeal to get the strong man to their guild.)

I like the concept, don't get me wrong. Virtual videogaming to immerse ourselves in physically is pretty awesome
...but :< he ruined it for a me and Asuna's fiance who is a pervert and likes to lick her and her breasts... .-. oh and the tentacle monster servants he has who feel asuna ;-; Why.

tumblr_nvkvh4nRhr1u2bprpo1_250.png Art Shop
I'd probably say Elfen Lied. Even when I watched it as an 2EDGY 13 year old I thought the plot was kind of a mess. It's about these mutant girls (for some reason this mutation only affects women) that gives them these crazy psychic powers that let them have these invisible arms that they can use to throw and slice things in half. It also allows them to stop bulltets? and they're all basically from birth set off to kill off all of humanity. The series really hamfistedly tries being like "NO YOU SEE HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS" by having pretty much every human character act irrationally cruel at all times. Yeah, the humans are the real monsters versus the people who will literally make people explode from the inside or tear off their limbs at a moment's notice. Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention I think part of the series claim to fame was just how insanely gore filled it was. It tries having a serious plot, but the series has rather absurd amounts of gore and nudity, not to mention how ridiculous everyone acts. Even by anime standards.

Even if the anime is trash though, It's opening song "Lilium" is really pretty.
I'd probably say Elfen Lied. Even when I watched it as an 2EDGY 13 year old I thought the plot was kind of a mess. It's about these mutant girls (for some reason this mutation only affects women) that gives them these crazy psychic powers that let them have these invisible arms that they can use to throw and slice things in half. It also allows them to stop bulltets? and they're all basically from birth set off to kill off all of humanity. The series really hamfistedly tries being like "NO YOU SEE HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS" by having pretty much every human character act irrationally cruel at all times. Yeah, the humans are the real monsters versus the people who will literally make people explode from the inside or tear off their limbs at a moment's notice. Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention I think part of the series claim to fame was just how insanely gore filled it was. It tries having a serious plot, but the series has rather absurd amounts of gore and nudity, not to mention how ridiculous everyone acts. Even by anime standards.

Even if the anime is trash though, It's opening song "Lilium" is really pretty.
Ghost Stories. The non-dubbed version, for sure. There's no OTHER reason to watch it
Pupa. There's no words for this. It is and isn't much of a series of short episodes, but it has to be the trashiest thing ever.
Fairy Tail.
One Piece.
Sword Art Online.
Everything after season one of Tokyo Ghoul due to crazy, nonsensical plot shenanigans.
Most shonen/harems, really.
Ghost Stories. The non-dubbed version, for sure. There's no OTHER reason to watch it
Pupa. There's no words for this. It is and isn't much of a series of short episodes, but it has to be the trashiest thing ever.
Fairy Tail.
One Piece.
Sword Art Online.
Everything after season one of Tokyo Ghoul due to crazy, nonsensical plot shenanigans.
Most shonen/harems, really.
OBrKa68.png Al1BEGR.png
tqGkHih.png EL8P38X.png
ZbbUWnK.png oaolHwW.png
Qsi7AgW.png NlmYDAS.png
D9xaprH.png qjxrAwx.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 31