Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Eat your veggies!
1 2
@maeli

I could eat raw carrots, celery, broccoli, and/or peas until I did tbh. Maybe with dip, usually not.
@maeli

I could eat raw carrots, celery, broccoli, and/or peas until I did tbh. Maybe with dip, usually not.
i love vegs!

my sis would give me all her vegs to me as kids and id eat everything XD
i love vegs!

my sis would give me all her vegs to me as kids and id eat everything XD
6klg2iF.png
@Maeli
I never liked brussel sprouts or green beans until my friend gave me some that she had baked with olive oil and garlic salt. The best thing I've ever eaten
Just put a bunch of veggies on a tray, douse them in olive oil and salt and bake until crunchy. So. Good.
@Maeli
I never liked brussel sprouts or green beans until my friend gave me some that she had baked with olive oil and garlic salt. The best thing I've ever eaten
Just put a bunch of veggies on a tray, douse them in olive oil and salt and bake until crunchy. So. Good.
RPMyHZU.pngMUYNhfy.pngRPMyHZU.png

WKtl2lb.pngUU9vIu2.pngkBHm00y.pngrix3ppo.png
@Maeli

Chop up some celery and fill the middle with cream cheese or peanut butter? Really yummy.

Oh, or slice up cucumber real' thin and make a tea sandwich with cream cheese.

One thing I really like making is butternut squash soup! Basically you just stab the squash a bunch so that you can safely microwave it until it's soft, then mash it up and turn it into soup with stock and all that, usually with chopped up carrots as well. Tastes good seasoned with ginger, too.

Or French onion soup! Or mushroom soup. Vegetables just make good soup in general.
@Maeli

Chop up some celery and fill the middle with cream cheese or peanut butter? Really yummy.

Oh, or slice up cucumber real' thin and make a tea sandwich with cream cheese.

One thing I really like making is butternut squash soup! Basically you just stab the squash a bunch so that you can safely microwave it until it's soft, then mash it up and turn it into soup with stock and all that, usually with chopped up carrots as well. Tastes good seasoned with ginger, too.

Or French onion soup! Or mushroom soup. Vegetables just make good soup in general.
tumblr_nsr3ya7mQf1t0ob39o1_250.png
I'm weird. I only like most veggies raw :U
I'm weird. I only like most veggies raw :U
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
I'm not a vegetable lover, but I've find out that I do like them depending on the way they are cooked.

Pepers and sweet potatoes are good if baked/roated on the oven. In the case of peppers a good thing is to cook them until they get black on the outside, peel them and have them on everything (they get softer and sweeter in this way, and you don't even have to cut them before putting them on the oven!). As for sweet potatoes, those are great only by them, but if you peel them and cut them you can eat them with sugar (nice sweet treat), or add some olive oil and salt and have a nice puree.

Then you can also use embers (like bonfire embers) to cook some vegetables and get a tasty smoked flavor on them. Generally you just throw them over the embers, but you can also use tin foil to cover them, or add some herbs/butter to give them more taste. The ones that taste better with this method are peppers, eggplants, zuchinni and potatoes (this are better if covered in tinfoil and added herbs + olive oil or butter).

As for the most bitter ones, I prefer to cook them in other preparations that involve ingredients that reduce their flavor. One of my preferred ones is to make "broccoli quiche" with some mushrooms, cheese, bacon and garlic; or some eggplants au gratin.
I'm not a vegetable lover, but I've find out that I do like them depending on the way they are cooked.

Pepers and sweet potatoes are good if baked/roated on the oven. In the case of peppers a good thing is to cook them until they get black on the outside, peel them and have them on everything (they get softer and sweeter in this way, and you don't even have to cut them before putting them on the oven!). As for sweet potatoes, those are great only by them, but if you peel them and cut them you can eat them with sugar (nice sweet treat), or add some olive oil and salt and have a nice puree.

Then you can also use embers (like bonfire embers) to cook some vegetables and get a tasty smoked flavor on them. Generally you just throw them over the embers, but you can also use tin foil to cover them, or add some herbs/butter to give them more taste. The ones that taste better with this method are peppers, eggplants, zuchinni and potatoes (this are better if covered in tinfoil and added herbs + olive oil or butter).

As for the most bitter ones, I prefer to cook them in other preparations that involve ingredients that reduce their flavor. One of my preferred ones is to make "broccoli quiche" with some mushrooms, cheese, bacon and garlic; or some eggplants au gratin.
@Maeli my favorite is broccoli pan seared with garlic and soy sauce. not enough to get too mushy though. I love it with a little crunch

Oh and to add to what someone mentioned of curry, theres a coconut korma sauce thats really really good to throw over whatever veggies you want (snap peas and carrots are awesome!!) in a pan with chicken and jasmine rice. My favorite meal ever. ^^ and its not too spicy like what you'd expect with a curry.
@Maeli my favorite is broccoli pan seared with garlic and soy sauce. not enough to get too mushy though. I love it with a little crunch

Oh and to add to what someone mentioned of curry, theres a coconut korma sauce thats really really good to throw over whatever veggies you want (snap peas and carrots are awesome!!) in a pan with chicken and jasmine rice. My favorite meal ever. ^^ and its not too spicy like what you'd expect with a curry.
1468711001v3.png
I never liked veggies growing up but now that I'm older and do most of my own cooking (no offense to my mom or her cooking), I can't get enough.

I love using the slow-cooker. If you put sweet potatoes in there with just a little water and cook on high for a few hours, they come out SO soft and moist and so much better than if you'd just microwaved them. I also love cooking greens in there--throw in some collard greens with some minced garlic, olive oil, and a bit of vinegar + crushed red pepper flakes and cook on high for a few hours; take out, add more vinegar, salt + pepper and it is just jfadkdjafdsjflsd.

Also, cauliflower. You can do anything with it from making a pizza crust out of it to using it in macaroni to frying it and covering it in buffalo sauce. Cauliflower is the best vegetable tbh.
I never liked veggies growing up but now that I'm older and do most of my own cooking (no offense to my mom or her cooking), I can't get enough.

I love using the slow-cooker. If you put sweet potatoes in there with just a little water and cook on high for a few hours, they come out SO soft and moist and so much better than if you'd just microwaved them. I also love cooking greens in there--throw in some collard greens with some minced garlic, olive oil, and a bit of vinegar + crushed red pepper flakes and cook on high for a few hours; take out, add more vinegar, salt + pepper and it is just jfadkdjafdsjflsd.

Also, cauliflower. You can do anything with it from making a pizza crust out of it to using it in macaroni to frying it and covering it in buffalo sauce. Cauliflower is the best vegetable tbh.
tumblr_otyh5kkff31vsg0m1o1_400.png
1 2