Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | -Throws Laptop out the window-
1 2 3
@Nylocke
Well, it did its thing at least. Now I'm really crossing my fingers it might work..... ; u ;
Edit: it said it didn't release? Hm. That's weird then. Were you connected when you tried it?
@Nylocke
Well, it did its thing at least. Now I'm really crossing my fingers it might work..... ; u ;
Edit: it said it didn't release? Hm. That's weird then. Were you connected when you tried it?
zfTVkus.gifnpBGP6c.gif 9KurPRs.png felixv2_by_nhlo-dc29jdc.gif
iPjVHHa.png
If you have computer/IT questions or problems, PM me! I work on computers and enjoy helping others.
@Eliatrope

I'll let you know if it makes me troubleshoot again!

No, I waited nearly a minute, too. I was connected, yes.
@Eliatrope

I'll let you know if it makes me troubleshoot again!

No, I waited nearly a minute, too. I was connected, yes.
dynne | +2 fr time
hatchery
summer_sphinx.png
@Nylocke
Alright, keep me posted. ; u ; good luck!
@Nylocke
Alright, keep me posted. ; u ; good luck!
iPjVHHa.png
If you have computer/IT questions or problems, PM me! I work on computers and enjoy helping others.
[quote name="Eliatrope" date=2015-12-04 21:43:47] @Nylocke *hissing sounds* Dell.... Not a fan of Dell computers. I swears they always have issues. (Just me spouting, don't mind me) My friend may or may not have the same or similar computer, I'll ask her later, but it has endless network issues as well.... 2 years is semi old ish for a Windows laptop. [/quote] I'm no good when it comes to fixing computer issues, but I agree with the above quote that Dell products are awful and always develop a multitude of problems no matter how well you look after the computer. My first laptop was an inspiron 17, and the hard drive failed within the first 6 months of getting it, among all the other issues that cropped up what felt like every other month afterwards for as long as I had the damn thing. Your issue probably lies in the laptop itself than the software or drivers, being a Dell and all that. You should probably consider getting a laptop made by a different company. Toshiba are supposedly one of the most reliable.
Eliatrope wrote on 2015-12-04:
@Nylocke
*hissing sounds* Dell.... Not a fan of Dell computers. I swears they always have issues. (Just me spouting, don't mind me) My friend may or may not have the same or similar computer, I'll ask her later, but it has endless network issues as well....
2 years is semi old ish for a Windows laptop.

I'm no good when it comes to fixing computer issues, but I agree with the above quote that Dell products are awful and always develop a multitude of problems no matter how well you look after the computer. My first laptop was an inspiron 17, and the hard drive failed within the first 6 months of getting it, among all the other issues that cropped up what felt like every other month afterwards for as long as I had the damn thing.

Your issue probably lies in the laptop itself than the software or drivers, being a Dell and all that. You should probably consider getting a laptop made by a different company. Toshiba are supposedly one of the most reliable.
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
@eliatrope

It didn't automatically connect to the wi-fi this morning, had to troubleshoot, and got the network cable is not properly plugged in error.
@eliatrope

It didn't automatically connect to the wi-fi this morning, had to troubleshoot, and got the network cable is not properly plugged in error.
dynne | +2 fr time
hatchery
summer_sphinx.png
@Nylocke
Dang..... I mean, you can take a look at the router, but my money is on the laptop. > < Beyond the advice I had before, I honestly haven't got a clue what else to suggest, it's a lot harder to troubleshoot over the internet.

Best advice, Google is your best friend. Search for your computer, Intel I-something r-something something. Then look and see what others have tried doing.
@Nylocke
Dang..... I mean, you can take a look at the router, but my money is on the laptop. > < Beyond the advice I had before, I honestly haven't got a clue what else to suggest, it's a lot harder to troubleshoot over the internet.

Best advice, Google is your best friend. Search for your computer, Intel I-something r-something something. Then look and see what others have tried doing.
iPjVHHa.png
@eliatrope

Yeah it's kinda just been doing it off an on all day. Jeeze, thanks random Windows update. Ah well, thank you for all your help! I might have to take it to Best Buy or something if it keeps like this without any improvements.
@eliatrope

Yeah it's kinda just been doing it off an on all day. Jeeze, thanks random Windows update. Ah well, thank you for all your help! I might have to take it to Best Buy or something if it keeps like this without any improvements.
dynne | +2 fr time
hatchery
summer_sphinx.png
@Nylocke
That's not a bad idea at all. So sorry I wasn't able to remedy anything! ; ; Good luck, alright?
@Nylocke
That's not a bad idea at all. So sorry I wasn't able to remedy anything! ; ; Good luck, alright?
iPjVHHa.png
@Eliatrope

Even if nothing was fixed, I'm glad you sat by to give me advice! Thank you very much. Good luck in computer jazz.
@Eliatrope

Even if nothing was fixed, I'm glad you sat by to give me advice! Thank you very much. Good luck in computer jazz.
dynne | +2 fr time
hatchery
summer_sphinx.png
If you can, I'd suggest not using wifi, however bad that sounds. Wifi is awful, from a technical standpoint, since air is a horrible medium compared to copper. I know it's not as convenient, but your problems might be fixed or drastically improved simply by hooking your computer up with an ethernet cord.
If you can, I'd suggest not using wifi, however bad that sounds. Wifi is awful, from a technical standpoint, since air is a horrible medium compared to copper. I know it's not as convenient, but your problems might be fixed or drastically improved simply by hooking your computer up with an ethernet cord.
1 2 3