Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | in desperate need of 3ds help!!!! :(
1 2
so my 3ds has been working perfectly fine all day!! but just this afternoon i was gonna play animal crossing when i realized. the only button that decided to work was the A button. even then, that could only get me to the screen that gave me the option to continue. can't even use the touch screen. the back of the 3ds started to feel pretty hot, so i turned it off and let it cool for a couple of hours. i pick it back up and turn it on, and now not even the A button will work at all!!!

so yeah. can someone PLEASE give me some advice/help???? my mom has said countless times ever since i got the 3ds on christmas of 2013 that she's not gonna get me another one if it breaks, and i only have $2 in my allowance...
so my 3ds has been working perfectly fine all day!! but just this afternoon i was gonna play animal crossing when i realized. the only button that decided to work was the A button. even then, that could only get me to the screen that gave me the option to continue. can't even use the touch screen. the back of the 3ds started to feel pretty hot, so i turned it off and let it cool for a couple of hours. i pick it back up and turn it on, and now not even the A button will work at all!!!

so yeah. can someone PLEASE give me some advice/help???? my mom has said countless times ever since i got the 3ds on christmas of 2013 that she's not gonna get me another one if it breaks, and i only have $2 in my allowance...
8550aee9e6b0240ca32ebdcfd04fa62ae2e7e644.gif
73a7d53744f1550afcf2d03fe0ec197aeb84e76d.gif1b1f6d94f932296bf41fbe9a2c0ff9d5292c69d8.gif54b04308bbd423d93f4e5fc7fb40a5afee4f256d.gif6c8b9aca5e1946f522f766dc4d5891390b55bf3d.gif
z3FSuck.pngU0bFCPN.pngl8NOdbs.png
FqAY3t1.pnghh5n4WA.pngsbmtjDC.png
g31.png
/bumps because this is extremely important to me :::((((((((
/bumps because this is extremely important to me :::((((((((
73a7d53744f1550afcf2d03fe0ec197aeb84e76d.gif1b1f6d94f932296bf41fbe9a2c0ff9d5292c69d8.gif54b04308bbd423d93f4e5fc7fb40a5afee4f256d.gif6c8b9aca5e1946f522f766dc4d5891390b55bf3d.gif
g31.png
@jackrabbit
how long where you playing it, or did you just turn it on and the buttons whernt working?
have you been using something other than a DS pen as a stylus?

ive had ds's got crazy, and id love to help you!
@jackrabbit
how long where you playing it, or did you just turn it on and the buttons whernt working?
have you been using something other than a DS pen as a stylus?

ive had ds's got crazy, and id love to help you!
item_nickel_cat_figurine_by_dogi_crimson-dag62cy.gif She/her | 18 | Sen | tumblr_inline_p3wmbtNyAz1tc3swm_540.png
+3 h fr time / EST
247ugEj.png6zoIdID.png
@icypop

i'd been playing it off and on for a few hours or so?? but it was basically i just turned it on and the buttons stopped working. and no, i haven't used anything besides my stylus. of course, since i don't have any screen protectors, i'm frequently brushing dust off with my thumb...
@icypop

i'd been playing it off and on for a few hours or so?? but it was basically i just turned it on and the buttons stopped working. and no, i haven't used anything besides my stylus. of course, since i don't have any screen protectors, i'm frequently brushing dust off with my thumb...
g31.png
If you haven't already, I'd go through these steps:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/480/~/buttons-or-switches-are-not-responding-or-respond-incorrectly
I hope you fix it! :c
If you haven't already, I'd go through these steps:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/480/~/buttons-or-switches-are-not-responding-or-respond-incorrectly
I hope you fix it! :c
@jackrabbit
hmm, ive youve been turning it off, i dont know why its overheating >:/
it could be an internal malfunction, youd have to take it to a shop if thats the case :(

honestly my best advice for the buttons is turn it of completly and charge it for (preferably) a day
this has solved many of my button problems and game glitches ;v;

i actually just had a dsi xl's screen not work :0
wiping it with your finger is fine, but the lack of screen protectors is a problem ;c;
unless its just an internal malfunction like the buttons, then you could have damaged the screen ;n;
i dont press very hard on my ds screen, but over time the screen can wear down without covers!
thats what happened to mine ;v;

if that happens, its almost 100% of the time a permanet injury, unless you take it into a shop depending on the damage
since mines an old dsi, i just left it and use my 3ds, but ill mess with it occasionaly and the damage has never healed
in several places the screen wont responde to touch ;n;

but since its the whole screen, im guessing its not that ;v;

again, id leave it and charge it for a day or so, and if it dosent help you might want to get it looked at :(

im by no means an expert, and am just speaking from experience/research! if anyone else has a better awnser, id love to hear it as well! c:
@jackrabbit
hmm, ive youve been turning it off, i dont know why its overheating >:/
it could be an internal malfunction, youd have to take it to a shop if thats the case :(

honestly my best advice for the buttons is turn it of completly and charge it for (preferably) a day
this has solved many of my button problems and game glitches ;v;

i actually just had a dsi xl's screen not work :0
wiping it with your finger is fine, but the lack of screen protectors is a problem ;c;
unless its just an internal malfunction like the buttons, then you could have damaged the screen ;n;
i dont press very hard on my ds screen, but over time the screen can wear down without covers!
thats what happened to mine ;v;

if that happens, its almost 100% of the time a permanet injury, unless you take it into a shop depending on the damage
since mines an old dsi, i just left it and use my 3ds, but ill mess with it occasionaly and the damage has never healed
in several places the screen wont responde to touch ;n;

but since its the whole screen, im guessing its not that ;v;

again, id leave it and charge it for a day or so, and if it dosent help you might want to get it looked at :(

im by no means an expert, and am just speaking from experience/research! if anyone else has a better awnser, id love to hear it as well! c:
item_nickel_cat_figurine_by_dogi_crimson-dag62cy.gif She/her | 18 | Sen | tumblr_inline_p3wmbtNyAz1tc3swm_540.png
+3 h fr time / EST
247ugEj.png6zoIdID.png
Something weird has happened to my Ds before too, which was not turning on but the power was flashing BLUE.

I think I had to take out the game in the cartridge. Try doing that. Or the SD card.

Has it been dropped before, or secondhand?

Not an expert on this, but I'll be glad to help you!
Something weird has happened to my Ds before too, which was not turning on but the power was flashing BLUE.

I think I had to take out the game in the cartridge. Try doing that. Or the SD card.

Has it been dropped before, or secondhand?

Not an expert on this, but I'll be glad to help you!
2sMsulH.gifXIritEX.png2sMsulH.gif
@Undyne

If it was getting hot it could be contact somewhere there isn't supposed to be, like a short from the input (buttons, screen, etc.) to the DS itself (all the computer-y bits). It could also be a break in the connection from the buttons to the system, but that wouldn't explain the heat. Unfortunately, either one of those would require that you take the DS apart and correct it, which is usually done by a professional. Keep in mind that I'm not a professional so I could be totally wrong about all of this. It's just my observation.
@Undyne

If it was getting hot it could be contact somewhere there isn't supposed to be, like a short from the input (buttons, screen, etc.) to the DS itself (all the computer-y bits). It could also be a break in the connection from the buttons to the system, but that wouldn't explain the heat. Unfortunately, either one of those would require that you take the DS apart and correct it, which is usually done by a professional. Keep in mind that I'm not a professional so I could be totally wrong about all of this. It's just my observation.
Call nintendo, they have the BEST customer service!
Call nintendo, they have the BEST customer service!
If the touch screen isn't working - this is going to sound SO weird but go with it, this worked for my 2DS a few months after I got it - run the brush bits of a toothbrush around/in the edges. It gets dirt and stuff out, weirdly enough?

But yeah, aside from that do what everyone else suggests - /definitely/ call their customer service, and maybe check to see what kind of warranty it has?
If the touch screen isn't working - this is going to sound SO weird but go with it, this worked for my 2DS a few months after I got it - run the brush bits of a toothbrush around/in the edges. It gets dirt and stuff out, weirdly enough?

But yeah, aside from that do what everyone else suggests - /definitely/ call their customer service, and maybe check to see what kind of warranty it has?
rLSiosd.png
bYt72YT.pngW11sAlw.pngjI9KbMj.png
gp6bQfb.pngawqKoMx.pngVAnf2q2.png
Bb9XFYa.pngAaYNmEX.pngoczO35g.png
VjdktqS.pngYMPbu9R.png
WKtl2lb.png
1 2