Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things your parents never told you..
1 2 3 4
That would've made a good margin of your life so much easier. I am just now uncovering the fact that there is a lot of them...

...My parents just blew my mind. Now I have telephobia to extremes (Talking to my best friend? I'll get the shakes. Don't know you? Grand guarantee I'll hurl after I hang up.) I have to psych myself up for 10+ minutes to call a doctor. But today I had to, to know what my blood work said. But no one answered, so I'd have to make a voicemail.

I. can't. do. that.

So I asked them why I couldn't just go to the stupid doctors office, and get it there?! APPARENTLY YOU CAN! /)_-;; Where was this information oh...8 years ago parents?! I am MORE than happy to drive to and from all of my doctors without a single phone call now, and it's one less horrible thing to stick to my telephobia.
That would've made a good margin of your life so much easier. I am just now uncovering the fact that there is a lot of them...

...My parents just blew my mind. Now I have telephobia to extremes (Talking to my best friend? I'll get the shakes. Don't know you? Grand guarantee I'll hurl after I hang up.) I have to psych myself up for 10+ minutes to call a doctor. But today I had to, to know what my blood work said. But no one answered, so I'd have to make a voicemail.

I. can't. do. that.

So I asked them why I couldn't just go to the stupid doctors office, and get it there?! APPARENTLY YOU CAN! /)_-;; Where was this information oh...8 years ago parents?! I am MORE than happy to drive to and from all of my doctors without a single phone call now, and it's one less horrible thing to stick to my telephobia.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Never got told being an adult sucks but ya know... Now I know.
Never got told being an adult sucks but ya know... Now I know.
62-A53-F86-4-E45-489-D-A12-E-8-CCF366-EB754.jpg
Rai

• it's in the refrigerator
• overwatch/bg3 trash
• she/they | FR +1
they didnt tell me about periods -- so i thought i was dying when i got my first period
they didnt tell me about periods -- so i thought i was dying when i got my first period
I wish I knew more about insurance. You know how hard it is to figure out insurance stuff? I feel super lost 90% of the time.
I wish I knew more about insurance. You know how hard it is to figure out insurance stuff? I feel super lost 90% of the time.
@Kieri

I have to leave two. One to explain WHY I'm leaving a voice mail, and the other to ask for what I'm actually calling for. They're nightmares.
@Kieri

I have to leave two. One to explain WHY I'm leaving a voice mail, and the other to ask for what I'm actually calling for. They're nightmares.
emVSLIq.png
SquishyPanda
2 weeks ago I found out I was born with a different first and last name...
2 weeks ago I found out I was born with a different first and last name...
hFT3jNj.png
how to function as an actual adult instead of the shell of one that doesn't know how to do basic living things like pay bills or apply for jobs.
how to function as an actual adult instead of the shell of one that doesn't know how to do basic living things like pay bills or apply for jobs.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Two words: Student loans.

Edit: @iRoyaltea that is the worst. I can kind of relate; my parents were separated and I was with my dad the day I got my first period; I thought something awful had happened until my mom came by and explained it to me (and she acted like I should've already known; at age 12 >_>).
Two words: Student loans.

Edit: @iRoyaltea that is the worst. I can kind of relate; my parents were separated and I was with my dad the day I got my first period; I thought something awful had happened until my mom came by and explained it to me (and she acted like I should've already known; at age 12 >_>).
ceasefire. now.
Oh man, I know toooo many girls who didn't know what periods were when they got their first periods. I'm so sorry, ladies. That must have really been scary.

My parents never told me about gay people when I was younger, and I live in the middle of nowhere, so I had no chance of meeting people who were straight. So imagine how confused I was when I was a "tween" (young teen/older child) and just hearing about two dudes in California getting married, or hearing about Ellen DeGeneres's wife.
Oh man, I know toooo many girls who didn't know what periods were when they got their first periods. I'm so sorry, ladies. That must have really been scary.

My parents never told me about gay people when I was younger, and I live in the middle of nowhere, so I had no chance of meeting people who were straight. So imagine how confused I was when I was a "tween" (young teen/older child) and just hearing about two dudes in California getting married, or hearing about Ellen DeGeneres's wife.
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
@Kieri

Oh both of them aren't good. 'Um' 'Ah' and 'Sorta' are my most used words. (Which I actually never use off the phone!)
@Kieri

Oh both of them aren't good. 'Um' 'Ah' and 'Sorta' are my most used words. (Which I actually never use off the phone!)
emVSLIq.png
SquishyPanda
1 2 3 4