Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Autistics?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Punkinn

You have no idea how in love I am with the combination of pen and ink, and watercolors, as far as drawing goes. It looks gorgeous, surprisingly easy to work with, and it just flows so beautifully. Some of the favorite drawings I've done have been in it.
@Punkinn

You have no idea how in love I am with the combination of pen and ink, and watercolors, as far as drawing goes. It looks gorgeous, surprisingly easy to work with, and it just flows so beautifully. Some of the favorite drawings I've done have been in it.
@Napstablook

on the touchy thing oh my gosh yes,

also this might just be me, but i can be really touchy / cuddly with other people if theyre okay with it because the pressure feels good + some ptsd related reasons, but like.. as soon as someone touches me and doesnt have explicit permission i literally want 2 like. punch them in the face,
@Napstablook

on the touchy thing oh my gosh yes,

also this might just be me, but i can be really touchy / cuddly with other people if theyre okay with it because the pressure feels good + some ptsd related reasons, but like.. as soon as someone touches me and doesnt have explicit permission i literally want 2 like. punch them in the face,
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
Raha
he/him
EiXaXSY.png
@YosukeHanamura EXACTLY

I'm really affectionate when the other person is alright with it., but if someone pokes me without asking / as a "joke" I get really panicked.
@YosukeHanamura EXACTLY

I'm really affectionate when the other person is alright with it., but if someone pokes me without asking / as a "joke" I get really panicked.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif 1UI2JZj.gif i'm ein
fr +3
my artshop
warcraft dweeb
she/her
@napstablook
YEAH and my family will always be like.. "well you're always touching people" and then purposely touch me and theyll like? imitate me in a rlly degrading tone b/c i panic n start shouting for ppl not to touch me <_<;;

slightly unrelated but can anyone else go from loving a texture, touching it too much, and then instantly hating it and being repulsed by it?
@napstablook
YEAH and my family will always be like.. "well you're always touching people" and then purposely touch me and theyll like? imitate me in a rlly degrading tone b/c i panic n start shouting for ppl not to touch me <_<;;

slightly unrelated but can anyone else go from loving a texture, touching it too much, and then instantly hating it and being repulsed by it?
Raha
he/him
EiXaXSY.png
My little brother is autistic, so I relate to a lot of these people .w.

Edit: I should add that he is way obsessed with cars. Like oh my you don't even know. All his clothes have Lightning Mcqueen or something on them, his room has Cars wall stickers everywhere, and he has SO MANY Cars toys. So many. Too many. It's hard not to trip on a car in the house. He walks on his tiptoes, and he is obsessed with pizza even though he won't eat it XD Just felt like adding some background info >.>
My little brother is autistic, so I relate to a lot of these people .w.

Edit: I should add that he is way obsessed with cars. Like oh my you don't even know. All his clothes have Lightning Mcqueen or something on them, his room has Cars wall stickers everywhere, and he has SO MANY Cars toys. So many. Too many. It's hard not to trip on a car in the house. He walks on his tiptoes, and he is obsessed with pizza even though he won't eat it XD Just felt like adding some background info >.>
T h y l a c i n u s , # 8 1 5 9 9
Touching can be a little iffy for me, depending on the situation.

I'm comfortable with hugging people, but mainly people I know well. But when I get overstimulated, a gentle tap can cause me to bark at someone "DON'T TOUCH ME!".
Touching can be a little iffy for me, depending on the situation.

I'm comfortable with hugging people, but mainly people I know well. But when I get overstimulated, a gentle tap can cause me to bark at someone "DON'T TOUCH ME!".
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
@Uzumak that's actually quite common ! (the toe walking) it creates a pressure stim !! on the feet. try to make sure he doesnt do it too much though, it can be harmful if you do it too much which i think is whats happening to my feet
@Uzumak that's actually quite common ! (the toe walking) it creates a pressure stim !! on the feet. try to make sure he doesnt do it too much though, it can be harmful if you do it too much which i think is whats happening to my feet
Raha
he/him
EiXaXSY.png
Yeah. My mom worries about that and she makes him walk flat sometimes to make sure he still can. He has a therapist that does exercises like that too :) @Yosukehanamura
Yeah. My mom worries about that and she makes him walk flat sometimes to make sure he still can. He has a therapist that does exercises like that too :) @Yosukehanamura
T h y l a c i n u s , # 8 1 5 9 9
I'm autistic! Was diagnosed at age 4 and I've only recently re-discovered that's who I was earlier this year. I also have depression/anxiety but we're not going to worry about the mental illnesses right now.

Main special interest is Mass Effect, but I've got others including:
Aliens/AVP
Transformers
Ginga Densetsu Weed
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Dragons
Dinosaurs
My OCs
Sound effects (focus on creatures)
Soundtracks (focus on video games and movies)
Literature (focus on the age of romanticism, transcendentalism, allegories, symbolism)

As for traits etc, I have an empathy deficiency and I have a lot of trouble with perspective taking. The anxiety part of it makes it really bad a lot of the time, and I can even have panic attacks when someone brings something up that I both can't relate to but even worse can't respond to. It's weird and obnoxious and I really wish that something could be done about it, but it seems here to stay. Change has never sat well with me, and I have really severe separation anxiety (meltdowns when the family goes on vacation are the norm now) so that makes it suck even worse. I'm also prone to becoming irritable or shutting down when I'm overstimulated or triggered, and I also have a lot of trouble reading people or interpreting tones, and I struggle equally badly with using the correct tone. Sarcasm and passive-aggressiveness just make me so uncomfortable, and I always feel like a pushover or something when I need to ask people to clarify their intent and it's even worse when they go "it should be obvious!!!" and gsadashgjashd. I'm just really glad to have friends who understand and will actually listen to me instead of guilting me and making me seem like a toxic person for things I physically cannot control and things that I also need to be like, comfortable around other people.

For stims, I'm really widely ranged. I always find myself orally stimming with things like bottle caps or pens and I have a fierce habit of toe-walking, rocking, and monologueing. When my anxiety gets really bad I always have to have something to squeeze, and I'm hoping that I can get myself a chewable necklace soon.

Dunno what else to put really, buuuut here I am!
I'm autistic! Was diagnosed at age 4 and I've only recently re-discovered that's who I was earlier this year. I also have depression/anxiety but we're not going to worry about the mental illnesses right now.

Main special interest is Mass Effect, but I've got others including:
Aliens/AVP
Transformers
Ginga Densetsu Weed
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Dragons
Dinosaurs
My OCs
Sound effects (focus on creatures)
Soundtracks (focus on video games and movies)
Literature (focus on the age of romanticism, transcendentalism, allegories, symbolism)

As for traits etc, I have an empathy deficiency and I have a lot of trouble with perspective taking. The anxiety part of it makes it really bad a lot of the time, and I can even have panic attacks when someone brings something up that I both can't relate to but even worse can't respond to. It's weird and obnoxious and I really wish that something could be done about it, but it seems here to stay. Change has never sat well with me, and I have really severe separation anxiety (meltdowns when the family goes on vacation are the norm now) so that makes it suck even worse. I'm also prone to becoming irritable or shutting down when I'm overstimulated or triggered, and I also have a lot of trouble reading people or interpreting tones, and I struggle equally badly with using the correct tone. Sarcasm and passive-aggressiveness just make me so uncomfortable, and I always feel like a pushover or something when I need to ask people to clarify their intent and it's even worse when they go "it should be obvious!!!" and gsadashgjashd. I'm just really glad to have friends who understand and will actually listen to me instead of guilting me and making me seem like a toxic person for things I physically cannot control and things that I also need to be like, comfortable around other people.

For stims, I'm really widely ranged. I always find myself orally stimming with things like bottle caps or pens and I have a fierce habit of toe-walking, rocking, and monologueing. When my anxiety gets really bad I always have to have something to squeeze, and I'm hoping that I can get myself a chewable necklace soon.

Dunno what else to put really, buuuut here I am!
tumblr_ms4eddp32b1s1bfzmo1_500.gif
...I am not good at introductions but yes hi hello I am autistic, albeit self-dxed ovo I did bring it up with a psychologist I'm going to so here's hoping they believe me ;;
I literally just dug through Google to find my other autism comments on here, ehehe... I knew I posted abt special interests & stims so. Found those comments :P

My main special interests are computers (with a side interest of the internet in general aaaand also programming), Animal Crossing, RWBY and Gravity Falls! I have more, though.. *takes a deep breath*

Steven Universe,
Homestuck
Skulduggery Pleasant,
Asexuality maybe? Idk if I just like reading about it bc it validates my own aceness or if it’s legit a special interest…
Terraria
Inside Out
GALAXY THINGS or honestly just space in general..
Auslan sorta?? Idk I really want to learn it but I can’t find many resources
Autism itself might be one, I like reading about it so
Nail art sorta,
Music probably, my PC’s music folder has 2,947 files apparently and I’m still definitely not done. (I can’t play any instruments, just like listening to them)
Starkid,
Harry Potter,
Psychology sorta?
Dragons,
Toontown/Toontown Rewritten is another one and I think books/reading also probably counts as one because I read all the things

I tap and move my head lots while listening to music - Shake it Off is literally the best song for this, I stim so much listening to it.
I also fiddle with whatever jewelry I'm wearing, I've even got a chew-y necklace and... well, my spinner ring should be here by now but it is not /grumpy pout
I have a tangle though, and my sister gave me a bit of kinetic sand, and I have waterbead things too~
I play with my hair, bite my nails and bounce around or walk on my tip toes a lot when I move.

I also stim in video games by making my character move in certain ways.
Often when I'm talking/trying to explain a thing I flap my hands - and recently I got a Totoro cloak that makes handflapping feel great 8D I also got gum the other day and if I could get it all the time it'd totally end up being a stim, chewing on it feels great.

I definitely do monologue too, my parents often complain that I won't just STOP TALKING especially if I have something I'm supposed to be doing *cough going to bed cough*. ...Speaking of monologues I think I'm doing that right now so I'll stop, sorry >.>

also pssst @Sounata, Arcane's Autism chat recently started a Skype thing so you could always ask to be added to that ovo
...I am not good at introductions but yes hi hello I am autistic, albeit self-dxed ovo I did bring it up with a psychologist I'm going to so here's hoping they believe me ;;
I literally just dug through Google to find my other autism comments on here, ehehe... I knew I posted abt special interests & stims so. Found those comments :P

My main special interests are computers (with a side interest of the internet in general aaaand also programming), Animal Crossing, RWBY and Gravity Falls! I have more, though.. *takes a deep breath*

Steven Universe,
Homestuck
Skulduggery Pleasant,
Asexuality maybe? Idk if I just like reading about it bc it validates my own aceness or if it’s legit a special interest…
Terraria
Inside Out
GALAXY THINGS or honestly just space in general..
Auslan sorta?? Idk I really want to learn it but I can’t find many resources
Autism itself might be one, I like reading about it so
Nail art sorta,
Music probably, my PC’s music folder has 2,947 files apparently and I’m still definitely not done. (I can’t play any instruments, just like listening to them)
Starkid,
Harry Potter,
Psychology sorta?
Dragons,
Toontown/Toontown Rewritten is another one and I think books/reading also probably counts as one because I read all the things

I tap and move my head lots while listening to music - Shake it Off is literally the best song for this, I stim so much listening to it.
I also fiddle with whatever jewelry I'm wearing, I've even got a chew-y necklace and... well, my spinner ring should be here by now but it is not /grumpy pout
I have a tangle though, and my sister gave me a bit of kinetic sand, and I have waterbead things too~
I play with my hair, bite my nails and bounce around or walk on my tip toes a lot when I move.

I also stim in video games by making my character move in certain ways.
Often when I'm talking/trying to explain a thing I flap my hands - and recently I got a Totoro cloak that makes handflapping feel great 8D I also got gum the other day and if I could get it all the time it'd totally end up being a stim, chewing on it feels great.

I definitely do monologue too, my parents often complain that I won't just STOP TALKING especially if I have something I'm supposed to be doing *cough going to bed cough*. ...Speaking of monologues I think I'm doing that right now so I'll stop, sorry >.>

also pssst @Sounata, Arcane's Autism chat recently started a Skype thing so you could always ask to be added to that ovo
rLSiosd.png
bYt72YT.pngW11sAlw.pngjI9KbMj.png
gp6bQfb.pngawqKoMx.pngVAnf2q2.png
Bb9XFYa.pngAaYNmEX.pngoczO35g.png
VjdktqS.pngYMPbu9R.png
WKtl2lb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7