Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever After High Chat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Fafnyr

Ahh yeah, I hear ya; all my friends think I'm strange for collecting dolls :p So it's fun to have a chance to talk about my thing. But yeah, I've noticed that dolls recently from Mattel make it seem like they're cutting corners. :| They rereleased a lot of their original characters from Monster High not too long ago and a lot of the details that were on the original releases were painted/printed on or missing altogether. :| It's good Briar doesn't have the molded gloves! Maybe I'll look into adding her to my collection because I did like the outfits they had, they were really quirky and fun. Of course not as good as they appear on screen but still pretty nice.
Yeah, Cerise's hair was pretty bad. I tried the regular things like conditioning and even boiling it but it wasn't affected much by anything. Maybe it was just the particular shipment mine came from or something, but I ended up just displaying her with her hood up covering all her hair. XD

edit ~
@Sddalek

I did try dish soap, but not mixed with baby powder! I'm going to have to try that and see if it improves. Thanks for the tip! :3
@Fafnyr

Ahh yeah, I hear ya; all my friends think I'm strange for collecting dolls :p So it's fun to have a chance to talk about my thing. But yeah, I've noticed that dolls recently from Mattel make it seem like they're cutting corners. :| They rereleased a lot of their original characters from Monster High not too long ago and a lot of the details that were on the original releases were painted/printed on or missing altogether. :| It's good Briar doesn't have the molded gloves! Maybe I'll look into adding her to my collection because I did like the outfits they had, they were really quirky and fun. Of course not as good as they appear on screen but still pretty nice.
Yeah, Cerise's hair was pretty bad. I tried the regular things like conditioning and even boiling it but it wasn't affected much by anything. Maybe it was just the particular shipment mine came from or something, but I ended up just displaying her with her hood up covering all her hair. XD

edit ~
@Sddalek

I did try dish soap, but not mixed with baby powder! I'm going to have to try that and see if it improves. Thanks for the tip! :3
sabel
| infj | server time
i really really like coatls

PYuV1yF.png

“reality is an illusion
the universe is a hologram
buy gold
bye !”
@FoenixieFae - no problem! There are youtube tutorials on how to do it, which is how I found out about the baby powder in the first place.
@FoenixieFae - no problem! There are youtube tutorials on how to do it, which is how I found out about the baby powder in the first place.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
@sddalek
Hey! Welcome to the chat! And I definitely want Darling Charming. I'm debating about Maddie, I love how her hair looks but I don't know which outfit I'd want to grab her in (I probably would have gone with way to wonderland but now I don't want it because of the gloves). I'm thinking Cupid as well but not her original look (her alterations are so much nicer). Good advice, thank you!

@FoenixieFae and @XStormywolfX

Have any of you read the books?
@sddalek
Hey! Welcome to the chat! And I definitely want Darling Charming. I'm debating about Maddie, I love how her hair looks but I don't know which outfit I'd want to grab her in (I probably would have gone with way to wonderland but now I don't want it because of the gloves). I'm thinking Cupid as well but not her original look (her alterations are so much nicer). Good advice, thank you!

@FoenixieFae and @XStormywolfX

Have any of you read the books?
Hello there! Darling is a gorgeous doll. I'm looking forward to seeing her Dragon Games outfit in more detail.

If Maddie is one you're interested in, there's a new release of her signature look coming out, with a new, smiling face sculpt that looks much more like Maddie. I'm putting her on my wish list. I like the signature doll, but she looks so serious!

Cupid is gorgeous in all her iterations. Her Thronecoming is the most regal looking, but her new deluxe version with the huge wings is very pretty, too!
Hello there! Darling is a gorgeous doll. I'm looking forward to seeing her Dragon Games outfit in more detail.

If Maddie is one you're interested in, there's a new release of her signature look coming out, with a new, smiling face sculpt that looks much more like Maddie. I'm putting her on my wish list. I like the signature doll, but she looks so serious!

Cupid is gorgeous in all her iterations. Her Thronecoming is the most regal looking, but her new deluxe version with the huge wings is very pretty, too!
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
Yes, I have read some of the books, but not A Wonderlandiful World yet, although I would love too! @fafnyr

Some of my favorite dolls have god to be Original Briar and Darling. They nailed them on the first try. I can see why they didn't give Darling her big poof; it would probably get destroyed in the box.
@sddalek
@Foenixiefae
Yes, I have read some of the books, but not A Wonderlandiful World yet, although I would love too! @fafnyr

Some of my favorite dolls have god to be Original Briar and Darling. They nailed them on the first try. I can see why they didn't give Darling her big poof; it would probably get destroyed in the box.
@sddalek
@Foenixiefae
4wPbTeZ.jpgSyCN2na.pngaM4Qu0f.gifOFrfPUV.pngSN6WNSw.png
@XStormywolfX - if you're a fan of Darling, you need to read Semi-Charming Kind of Life when you get the chance. It gives a lot of insight into her character, and doesn't contradict what there's been on-screen with her so far.

And agreed, Briar's doll is amazing. Though, if I'm honest, I'm hoping she gets a new head sculpt with a bit more depth like the other "Core Four" are getting.
@XStormywolfX - if you're a fan of Darling, you need to read Semi-Charming Kind of Life when you get the chance. It gives a lot of insight into her character, and doesn't contradict what there's been on-screen with her so far.

And agreed, Briar's doll is amazing. Though, if I'm honest, I'm hoping she gets a new head sculpt with a bit more depth like the other "Core Four" are getting.
595bwIn.png
@sddalek cool, thanks for the suggestion!
@sddalek cool, thanks for the suggestion!
[quote=EAH fans pinglist!] @XStormywolfX @fafnyr @sddalek @foenixiefae[/quote] Ever since the reveal of the color "cerise" I've been inspired to make a Cerise from the webisodes! Not really sure on the specifics yet, but I know I want to do it. Someday. Anyone else doing dragons based off characters? edit: p.s. if a few more people decide to hop on this thread, I might make it a bit more formal looking, instead of a random sentence or two slapped down.
EAH fans pinglist! wrote:

Ever since the reveal of the color "cerise" I've been inspired to make a Cerise from the webisodes! Not really sure on the specifics yet, but I know I want to do it. Someday.
Anyone else doing dragons based off characters?

edit: p.s. if a few more people decide to hop on this thread, I might make it a bit more formal looking, instead of a random sentence or two slapped down.
@XStormywolfX

Shoop boop badoop ^^

I don't collect the dolls much (I have Maddie and Apple though) but I watch the webisodes and the Netflix shows.
@XStormywolfX

Shoop boop badoop ^^

I don't collect the dolls much (I have Maddie and Apple though) but I watch the webisodes and the Netflix shows.
3 hours ahead of FR time
@XStormywolfX
@fafnyr
@sddalek
@foenixiefae

Ha, thanks for the pinglist. It helps now. And I am making a dragon based off Darling Charming! I have the right dragon, I think (take a look at her and tell me guys). And I'm going to get all the alabaster armor for her which is quite a challenge in of itself.

@Elven0artist0

Same, I don't really collect the dolls (but plan on buying a few faves)but I love the webisodes and netflix shows. I really enjoyed Way To Wonderland, and even voted for courtly to come to ever after high because I think her mischief would be great there
@XStormywolfX
@fafnyr
@sddalek
@foenixiefae

Ha, thanks for the pinglist. It helps now. And I am making a dragon based off Darling Charming! I have the right dragon, I think (take a look at her and tell me guys). And I'm going to get all the alabaster armor for her which is quite a challenge in of itself.

@Elven0artist0

Same, I don't really collect the dolls (but plan on buying a few faves)but I love the webisodes and netflix shows. I really enjoyed Way To Wonderland, and even voted for courtly to come to ever after high because I think her mischief would be great there
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8