Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Other People With Misophonia?
1 2 3 4 5
I'm not sure if this counts but I get really irritated when I hear certain fabrics rubbing against each other or if someone is scratching themselves through the fabric. Just normal scratching doesn't really bother me, or at least not any more than I think would be considered 'normal'? My cousin's voice is also bad; by the end of an afternoon the combination of her voice and my need to be alone make me want to clock her.

The worst was this one song from a few years back; I literally wanted to jump out of the moving car whenever it came on. I tried going to a 'happy place' but that didn't really work. Luckily it's not on the radio much anymore and I have my own music now that I can drive myself places.
I'm not sure if this counts but I get really irritated when I hear certain fabrics rubbing against each other or if someone is scratching themselves through the fabric. Just normal scratching doesn't really bother me, or at least not any more than I think would be considered 'normal'? My cousin's voice is also bad; by the end of an afternoon the combination of her voice and my need to be alone make me want to clock her.

The worst was this one song from a few years back; I literally wanted to jump out of the moving car whenever it came on. I tried going to a 'happy place' but that didn't really work. Luckily it's not on the radio much anymore and I have my own music now that I can drive myself places.
tumblr_inline_nndk7oJsD91qkozcw_540.png tumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo5_r1_250.png tumblr_inline_nndk7oJsD91qkozcw_540.png
I haven't been professionally diagnosed, but I probably have some degree of misophonia. I don't have panic attacks, though-- I just get really disproportionately irritated instead. xD

Loud chewing noises (your mouth is closed! how are you so loud?!), coughs, sniffles, hiccups, and dogs licking themselves are definitely the worst. I grew up with dogs, but the obnoxious licking sound makes me so irrationally angry that I don't think I could ever own a dog again. They're cute and nice, but that noise...

High-pitched metal scraping sounds make me feel like I'm going to lose my mind, but idk if that counts or not. :'V
I haven't been professionally diagnosed, but I probably have some degree of misophonia. I don't have panic attacks, though-- I just get really disproportionately irritated instead. xD

Loud chewing noises (your mouth is closed! how are you so loud?!), coughs, sniffles, hiccups, and dogs licking themselves are definitely the worst. I grew up with dogs, but the obnoxious licking sound makes me so irrationally angry that I don't think I could ever own a dog again. They're cute and nice, but that noise...

High-pitched metal scraping sounds make me feel like I'm going to lose my mind, but idk if that counts or not. :'V
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@Paradoxmagic

Fire Bells. Or anything that sounds like that. Makes sense, but if someone hits... I dunno, a bucket with a bad really fast. I freak.

I look at a Fire Bell. I freak.
@Paradoxmagic

Fire Bells. Or anything that sounds like that. Makes sense, but if someone hits... I dunno, a bucket with a bad really fast. I freak.

I look at a Fire Bell. I freak.
Don't worry about it. Silly Arcade's just telling magnetic field jokes for his own amusement.
I can't stand sniffing, gum chewing, and eating noises. I think all eating places should have loud (but not painfully loud) noises or music to cover up the eating sounds.
I can't stand sniffing, gum chewing, and eating noises. I think all eating places should have loud (but not painfully loud) noises or music to cover up the eating sounds.
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
@Ningyo [quote=Ningyo] dogs licking themselves are definitely the worst. I grew up with dogs, but the obnoxious licking sound makes me so irrationally angry that I don't think I could ever own a dog again. They're cute and nice, but that noise...[/quote] Oh my god, yes. I thought I was the only one! That is the one noise in the world that makes me feel like crying and screaming at the same time. I can't stand it. I've lived in a house with multiple dogs my whole life, and whenever they start to lick I have to get up and leave the room...My family thinks I'm crazy! I love my dogs to death, don't get me wrong, but I just can't deal with that sound. If I lived alone I would probably not have dogs. Strangely though, when my cats lick it doesn't bother me. Only dogs. I have no idea what the difference is.
@Ningyo
Ningyo wrote:
dogs licking themselves are definitely the worst. I grew up with dogs, but the obnoxious licking sound makes me so irrationally angry that I don't think I could ever own a dog again. They're cute and nice, but that noise...

Oh my god, yes. I thought I was the only one! That is the one noise in the world that makes me feel like crying and screaming at the same time. I can't stand it. I've lived in a house with multiple dogs my whole life, and whenever they start to lick I have to get up and leave the room...My family thinks I'm crazy!
I love my dogs to death, don't get me wrong, but I just can't deal with that sound. If I lived alone I would probably not have dogs.
Strangely though, when my cats lick it doesn't bother me. Only dogs. I have no idea what the difference is.
ixjkP7a.pngUxUDJDh.png4x1CPHD.png
@Katasaur - I'm totally fine when my cat licks herself, too. :o I think it's because it's quieter? It's a very small noise, and there's no loud lip-smacking, so it doesn't sound as obnoxious.
@Katasaur - I'm totally fine when my cat licks herself, too. :o I think it's because it's quieter? It's a very small noise, and there's no loud lip-smacking, so it doesn't sound as obnoxious.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@Ningyo
I think you're probably right. Though one of my cats sometimes licks my face, so she's right next to my ear, and it still doesn't bother me. I guess it's the lack of lip-smacking? lol Who knows ¯\_(^-^;)_/¯
@Ningyo
I think you're probably right. Though one of my cats sometimes licks my face, so she's right next to my ear, and it still doesn't bother me. I guess it's the lack of lip-smacking? lol Who knows ¯\_(^-^;)_/¯
ixjkP7a.pngUxUDJDh.png4x1CPHD.png
I have misophonia that's triggered by animals licking themselves. When the dog starts, I immediately stop him thankfully. My cat, however, doesn't stop (the vet says she might have a disorder, I can't remember the name right now) and it just sends me into a huge rage. I often have to leave the room when she starts or chase her into a different room.

I also have misophonia with eating sounds. Open mouth eating will set me off right off the bat, closed mouth chewing of someone else will get me pretty quickly, though not as quickly as open mouth, and closed mouth chewing of my own gets me nauseous. Someone once gave me the tip of using headphones and music to try and drown out the sound, so that's what I try to do.
I have misophonia that's triggered by animals licking themselves. When the dog starts, I immediately stop him thankfully. My cat, however, doesn't stop (the vet says she might have a disorder, I can't remember the name right now) and it just sends me into a huge rage. I often have to leave the room when she starts or chase her into a different room.

I also have misophonia with eating sounds. Open mouth eating will set me off right off the bat, closed mouth chewing of someone else will get me pretty quickly, though not as quickly as open mouth, and closed mouth chewing of my own gets me nauseous. Someone once gave me the tip of using headphones and music to try and drown out the sound, so that's what I try to do.
I wouldn't categorize myself as misophobic, but when someone is chewing with their mouth open it makes me insane. The thing is if it's someone I know, that I'm not afraid of confronting about it, I react without even thinking and usually it's much more snappish than would be appropriate, depending on what else is going on at the time. The more agitated or overstimulated I already was the stronger the reaction so if I was already really upset and someone started chewing obnoxiously I'd probably just scream at them as a knee-jerk reaction.

But if it's stranger the thing is that I have PTSD and so confrontation freaks me out a lot, so if someone is chewing obnoxiously but we're not good friends and I can't just ask them to chew with their mouth closed cause it seems rude, then I just silently go insane to the point where I'm SO angry but I'm just not even comprehending my surroundings cause I can hear is the chewing.
I wouldn't categorize myself as misophobic, but when someone is chewing with their mouth open it makes me insane. The thing is if it's someone I know, that I'm not afraid of confronting about it, I react without even thinking and usually it's much more snappish than would be appropriate, depending on what else is going on at the time. The more agitated or overstimulated I already was the stronger the reaction so if I was already really upset and someone started chewing obnoxiously I'd probably just scream at them as a knee-jerk reaction.

But if it's stranger the thing is that I have PTSD and so confrontation freaks me out a lot, so if someone is chewing obnoxiously but we're not good friends and I can't just ask them to chew with their mouth closed cause it seems rude, then I just silently go insane to the point where I'm SO angry but I'm just not even comprehending my surroundings cause I can hear is the chewing.
v0fa5JY.png
1 2 3 4 5