Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | emotional video game moments???
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Mass Effect series, especially ME3 had so many emotional moments, that I can't count them all. The things about Mordin, Legion... The final scene, where the reapers collapse, dropping dead to the earth ground and the soldiers are cheering almost made me cry (for joy)... not to speak about the sad fate of Commander Shepard. ^^

Dragon Age Origins was also great. DA2 not so much. I still have to play Inquisitions. :>

Journey and Flower (thatgamecompany) are also my favourite emotional games. The ending of Journey is just epic. ^^

Oh! And Heavy Rain made me feel sad most of the time. But I was happy, that I didn't do so much wrong. The father and his son both survived. ^^
Mass Effect series, especially ME3 had so many emotional moments, that I can't count them all. The things about Mordin, Legion... The final scene, where the reapers collapse, dropping dead to the earth ground and the soldiers are cheering almost made me cry (for joy)... not to speak about the sad fate of Commander Shepard. ^^

Dragon Age Origins was also great. DA2 not so much. I still have to play Inquisitions. :>

Journey and Flower (thatgamecompany) are also my favourite emotional games. The ending of Journey is just epic. ^^

Oh! And Heavy Rain made me feel sad most of the time. But I was happy, that I didn't do so much wrong. The father and his son both survived. ^^
Free in mind and true in heart... A long journey awaits me.
~*Spoiler Alert for FFXIV*~

Right before leading into version 3.0 of Final Fantasy XIV (the MMO), there are some serious Real Feels moments. Of course you'd expect it from the Final Fantasy series, but they pretty much go on a killing spree against some of the best (and cutest) characters in the game. I've never played an MMO whose story actually plays like a single player RPG, and I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about it. That being said, they tell you before the end cutscenes to go, like, make a sandwich, do laundry, whatever, because it's gonna be a LONG cutscene.

tl;dr I was an emotional mess. XD

that said, please don't ping respond to this with anything regarding the end of the 3.0 chapter. XD I'm not there yet and actually am sensitive to spoilers. I know, I know, why am I here?

~*Spoiler Alert for FFXIV*~

Right before leading into version 3.0 of Final Fantasy XIV (the MMO), there are some serious Real Feels moments. Of course you'd expect it from the Final Fantasy series, but they pretty much go on a killing spree against some of the best (and cutest) characters in the game. I've never played an MMO whose story actually plays like a single player RPG, and I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about it. That being said, they tell you before the end cutscenes to go, like, make a sandwich, do laundry, whatever, because it's gonna be a LONG cutscene.

tl;dr I was an emotional mess. XD

that said, please don't ping respond to this with anything regarding the end of the 3.0 chapter. XD I'm not there yet and actually am sensitive to spoilers. I know, I know, why am I here?

[quote name="WiseGirl" date=2015-01-25 07:50:27] This moment in Twilight Princess: [img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luf6b3ixOZ1qgvaqs.gif[/img] You know what I'm talkin' about if you've played it. [i]The tears.[/i] Also, pretty much every moment in Journey, but the end was especially emotional. [/quote] Oh those two destroyed me.
WiseGirl wrote on 2015-01-25:
This moment in Twilight Princess:

tumblr_luf6b3ixOZ1qgvaqs.gif

You know what I'm talkin' about if you've played it.
The tears.

Also, pretty much every moment in Journey, but the end was especially emotional.

Oh those two destroyed me.
gWmB8p.jpg
Hmm... I have an entire list.
  1. The End cut scene in LoZ: Twilight Princess
  2. Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (THE ENTIRE GAME)
  3. Journey (Mostly the end)
  4. Flower (It was so peaceful and soothing and then level five...)
  5. Shadow of the Colossus (About halfway through as it dawns on you what you're doing)
  6. Cloud (Yes I play a lot of thatgamecompanygames)
  7. Tales of the Abyss (The end, Asch, and a few other moments)
  8. Kingdom Hearts 2 ("It looks like my summer vacation... is over")

This is what I get for playing Indie and JRPGs
Hmm... I have an entire list.
  1. The End cut scene in LoZ: Twilight Princess
  2. Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (THE ENTIRE GAME)
  3. Journey (Mostly the end)
  4. Flower (It was so peaceful and soothing and then level five...)
  5. Shadow of the Colossus (About halfway through as it dawns on you what you're doing)
  6. Cloud (Yes I play a lot of thatgamecompanygames)
  7. Tales of the Abyss (The end, Asch, and a few other moments)
  8. Kingdom Hearts 2 ("It looks like my summer vacation... is over")

This is what I get for playing Indie and JRPGs
gWmB8p.jpg
Literally the end of any video game is emotional to me but here are some moments that almost had me in tears
*spoilers obvs*

-The end of PMD Explorers of Sky GOSH I cry literally everytime I play
-Kurows death in Okamiden he was one of my favs
-Songbird dying in Bioshock infinite I loved that robo bird
-In Fallout NV I forgot to give Lily her medicine so in the end she turned into this mindless monster and I almost cried she was one of my all time favorite characters in Fallout ;-;
-When like almost every single Dark Brotherhood member died in Skyrim I shoudn't have gotten attached to murderers but I did
-Edit because oh god I forgot about the entire Walking Dead game I can't even pick a single moment it was all 100% heartbreak
Literally the end of any video game is emotional to me but here are some moments that almost had me in tears
*spoilers obvs*

-The end of PMD Explorers of Sky GOSH I cry literally everytime I play
-Kurows death in Okamiden he was one of my favs
-Songbird dying in Bioshock infinite I loved that robo bird
-In Fallout NV I forgot to give Lily her medicine so in the end she turned into this mindless monster and I almost cried she was one of my all time favorite characters in Fallout ;-;
-When like almost every single Dark Brotherhood member died in Skyrim I shoudn't have gotten attached to murderers but I did
-Edit because oh god I forgot about the entire Walking Dead game I can't even pick a single moment it was all 100% heartbreak
In FE7, pretty much anything with Nino and her dead adoptive family/Jaffar. Just, seriously:

Snow is so pretty! I love snow! The place I loved until recently used to get snow at times... I loved playing in the snow with my brothers... It was so fun...

I parted with my brothers...as enemies. They probably hate me, right? I mean, they wouldn’t forgive me no matter how much I begged, right? Then she starts crying. TOO MUCH

Nino:
“Lloyd!”

Lloyd:
“Nino…”

Nino:
“Listen to me, please. This is all a mistake…”

Lloyd:
“Do not speak. We are enemies now… I can show you no mercy.”

Nino:
“Lord Eliwood is not a bad man! You’ll fight knowing that?”

Lloyd:
“They were Linus’s enemies… That is why I fight.”

Nino:
“Lloyd, please…”

Lloyd:
“Don’t cry, Nino. You must live for the future. I am bound to this course. Kill me, and don’t look back.”

Nino:
“No! I don’t want to! Lloyd!!!”
She has a similar one with Linus.

And that's all I'll post for Nino. She's just so cute and you legit can use her to kill her brothers' and father's (corpses? Morphs anyways) in the final chapter. And she just wants to be loved by her 'mother' too q-q.
In FE7, pretty much anything with Nino and her dead adoptive family/Jaffar. Just, seriously:

Snow is so pretty! I love snow! The place I loved until recently used to get snow at times... I loved playing in the snow with my brothers... It was so fun...

I parted with my brothers...as enemies. They probably hate me, right? I mean, they wouldn’t forgive me no matter how much I begged, right? Then she starts crying. TOO MUCH

Nino:
“Lloyd!”

Lloyd:
“Nino…”

Nino:
“Listen to me, please. This is all a mistake…”

Lloyd:
“Do not speak. We are enemies now… I can show you no mercy.”

Nino:
“Lord Eliwood is not a bad man! You’ll fight knowing that?”

Lloyd:
“They were Linus’s enemies… That is why I fight.”

Nino:
“Lloyd, please…”

Lloyd:
“Don’t cry, Nino. You must live for the future. I am bound to this course. Kill me, and don’t look back.”

Nino:
“No! I don’t want to! Lloyd!!!”
She has a similar one with Linus.

And that's all I'll post for Nino. She's just so cute and you legit can use her to kill her brothers' and father's (corpses? Morphs anyways) in the final chapter. And she just wants to be loved by her 'mother' too q-q.
Don't worry about it. Silly Arcade's just telling magnetic field jokes for his own amusement.
The observatory scene and the good ending of Pom Gets Wifi makes me cry so hard. Just. "She's looking at two little stones and...she's crying!!!! Don't cry, Master!!!" uuuggghhhh
Agro. Shadow of the Colossus in general but. Agro.
I'm watching the Steam Train playthrough of King's Quest 2k15 and ACHAKA DID NOTHING WRONG HE DID NOT DESERVE THAT
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES. THAT GAME HAS SOME SAD STUFF I CRIED FOR AN HOUR AFTER A PARTICULAR THING
"Sis...Why isn't the sun shining anymore? Is that white doggy crying somewhere?" Okami broke my heart please play it also.from its sequel Okamiden we have "I'm glad I got...a chance...to live..." FROM A CHARACTER WHO JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE MY FAV. THE GAME MAKES YOU KILL HIM. YOU CANNOT AVOID KILLING HIM. I CRY
Also. The Walking Dead. Lee killed me inside.
And the end of the Looker stuff from Pokemon XY made my cry for a long time.
The observatory scene and the good ending of Pom Gets Wifi makes me cry so hard. Just. "She's looking at two little stones and...she's crying!!!! Don't cry, Master!!!" uuuggghhhh
Agro. Shadow of the Colossus in general but. Agro.
I'm watching the Steam Train playthrough of King's Quest 2k15 and ACHAKA DID NOTHING WRONG HE DID NOT DESERVE THAT
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES. THAT GAME HAS SOME SAD STUFF I CRIED FOR AN HOUR AFTER A PARTICULAR THING
"Sis...Why isn't the sun shining anymore? Is that white doggy crying somewhere?" Okami broke my heart please play it also.from its sequel Okamiden we have "I'm glad I got...a chance...to live..." FROM A CHARACTER WHO JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE MY FAV. THE GAME MAKES YOU KILL HIM. YOU CANNOT AVOID KILLING HIM. I CRY
Also. The Walking Dead. Lee killed me inside.
And the end of the Looker stuff from Pokemon XY made my cry for a long time.
[img]http://33.media.tumblr.com/91c04ac1fddac2aad2f27613978574e3/tumblr_mjfcqk4rMV1rzzcato1_400.gif[/img] i'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I ONLY CRIED FOR A DAY.
tumblr_mjfcqk4rMV1rzzcato1_400.gif

i'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I ONLY CRIED FOR A DAY.
6f38d538593917a1645ee2055c08ab22.png
The game that probably gave me the most feels to young me was Chrono Cross. Probably because it was the bleakest thing I did play until later on when I could play things I couldn't get my hands on. :P

[spoilers]

This may sound silly because the plot ends up going downhill at this point (well, more like being halfway full of "what"), but there's a point where you switch bodies with the big bad guy. After it you do so you're put into this dimension that looks like a painting, where you meet up with Harle and another prisoner.

Then starts this scene with Harle that just... bam. She just started talking about how time will leave you behind forever because you're now completely useless, and it just struck a chord with young me for some reason.

Also the scene where FATE literally threw Robo's brain in the garbage on the side like nothing happened. Whoever thought the good future would feel so regretful?

[/spoilers]
The game that probably gave me the most feels to young me was Chrono Cross. Probably because it was the bleakest thing I did play until later on when I could play things I couldn't get my hands on. :P

[spoilers]

This may sound silly because the plot ends up going downhill at this point (well, more like being halfway full of "what"), but there's a point where you switch bodies with the big bad guy. After it you do so you're put into this dimension that looks like a painting, where you meet up with Harle and another prisoner.

Then starts this scene with Harle that just... bam. She just started talking about how time will leave you behind forever because you're now completely useless, and it just struck a chord with young me for some reason.

Also the scene where FATE literally threw Robo's brain in the garbage on the side like nothing happened. Whoever thought the good future would feel so regretful?

[/spoilers]
My writing project.
In Mass Effect: death of a certain character. most people who played the games can guess.
In AC3: the scene where Connor fights Haytham. god I had tears streaming down my face.
In Mass Effect: death of a certain character. most people who played the games can guess.
In AC3: the scene where Connor fights Haytham. god I had tears streaming down my face.
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23