Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I need some advice
I'm very easily envious, and it's runing my life pretty much. I can't stand it when others are more acomplished in the things I want to do as well, I just wish the most horrible things on them and I just want to see them misserable. I just can't be happy for them when something good happens to them and I just constantly ask my self "I'm a decent person, why do they deserve it and I don't?"

But I'm tired of being like this, and I just don't know how to get rid of it? I really want to be happy for my friends but I can't, I just...can't stand it to see them happy that's all wrong of course...but what can I do about it? :c
I'm very easily envious, and it's runing my life pretty much. I can't stand it when others are more acomplished in the things I want to do as well, I just wish the most horrible things on them and I just want to see them misserable. I just can't be happy for them when something good happens to them and I just constantly ask my self "I'm a decent person, why do they deserve it and I don't?"

But I'm tired of being like this, and I just don't know how to get rid of it? I really want to be happy for my friends but I can't, I just...can't stand it to see them happy that's all wrong of course...but what can I do about it? :c
DVcXRyP.png
I am able to help you, from experience.

You need to do this:
a. Make sure your friends are really people you want to hang out with because you want to, not because you can. For example, people who hang out with popular people because the popular people like them enough to do so.

In my experience, I did this for a small amount of time with only one person, and realized I only hung out with her because I wanted what she had, and that she wasn't really my friend. I cut ties with her and found a different group all together, and I am much happier with myself as a person.

However, if your friends are people you want to hang out with, then I have no idea how to help. Maybe figure out a way to take your jealousy and funnel it into not hating your friend but making yourself more motivated? Or make sure that what they have is really what you want?

Good luck, friend!
I am able to help you, from experience.

You need to do this:
a. Make sure your friends are really people you want to hang out with because you want to, not because you can. For example, people who hang out with popular people because the popular people like them enough to do so.

In my experience, I did this for a small amount of time with only one person, and realized I only hung out with her because I wanted what she had, and that she wasn't really my friend. I cut ties with her and found a different group all together, and I am much happier with myself as a person.

However, if your friends are people you want to hang out with, then I have no idea how to help. Maybe figure out a way to take your jealousy and funnel it into not hating your friend but making yourself more motivated? Or make sure that what they have is really what you want?

Good luck, friend!
yellow_by_mintinol-dbs9d5h.pnggreen_by_mintinol-dbs9d5q.pngblue_by_mintinol-dbs9d5f.pngpurple_by_mintinol-dbs9d5m.pngpink_by_mintinol-dbs9d5o.png
I would talk to a counselor.
I would talk to a counselor.