Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Languages?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
My native language is Finnish. Äidinkieleni on suomi.
My native language is Finnish. Äidinkieleni on suomi.
8wF4Uc8.png
I'm English,and I'm learning Canadian French because I have too.I really like it,though.

J'aime le Francias!

See?
I'm English,and I'm learning Canadian French because I have too.I really like it,though.

J'aime le Francias!

See?
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
Spanish is my first language, but I learned English in preschool so I speak both with native proficiency. Because I live in Southern California, I speak more Spanglish than anything else (yes that really is a thing). :)

I speak French and Italian well enough to get around. I took a semester of German in college and found it to be easy, but it's not a language I will ever have any need for in LA.

I'm currently learning Portuguese. After that, I will likely start studying Mandarin.
Spanish is my first language, but I learned English in preschool so I speak both with native proficiency. Because I live in Southern California, I speak more Spanglish than anything else (yes that really is a thing). :)

I speak French and Italian well enough to get around. I took a semester of German in college and found it to be easy, but it's not a language I will ever have any need for in LA.

I'm currently learning Portuguese. After that, I will likely start studying Mandarin.
badgemaster.png team_biscotti_trainer.png
I really should pick up Mandarin. My husband says he really likes the sound of it, but man, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. D:

Rosetta doesn't seem to have Cantonese. O.o Sad.
I really should pick up Mandarin. My husband says he really likes the sound of it, but man, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. D:

Rosetta doesn't seem to have Cantonese. O.o Sad.
English, and I'm learning German now.
English, and I'm learning German now.
Native language is English (though you might not know it by how much trouble I have sometimes when I'm trying to talk, lol). I've studied French and Spanish for a long time, though (at least 15 years for French) and tried Russian for 2 years. Never got very far with it though. xD

Some quotes I like:

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

... I'll post more later.
Native language is English (though you might not know it by how much trouble I have sometimes when I'm trying to talk, lol). I've studied French and Spanish for a long time, though (at least 15 years for French) and tried Russian for 2 years. Never got very far with it though. xD

Some quotes I like:

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

... I'll post more later.
giphy.gif
My native language is English, though I know a little bit of American Sign Language, too. I studied Spanish in high school and loved it, though I'm a bit rusty... and I'm working on learning Scottish Gaelic lately. It's not necessarily the most practical language for me to learn since I'll likely never encounter a speaker, but it's so much fun! :3

(A bheil Gàidhlig agaibh? I could use someone to practice with/learn from if you're willing!)

I've also tried to learn a smattering of Japanese, Kiswahili, and French... though I think I know more Quebecois swear words than practical French. Whoops! ^^;
My native language is English, though I know a little bit of American Sign Language, too. I studied Spanish in high school and loved it, though I'm a bit rusty... and I'm working on learning Scottish Gaelic lately. It's not necessarily the most practical language for me to learn since I'll likely never encounter a speaker, but it's so much fun! :3

(A bheil Gàidhlig agaibh? I could use someone to practice with/learn from if you're willing!)

I've also tried to learn a smattering of Japanese, Kiswahili, and French... though I think I know more Quebecois swear words than practical French. Whoops! ^^;
~Tumblr - Twitter - DA - FA - Weasyl~
My native language is Cantonese and I've grown up with English in school so I'm extremely fluent there. That's about it haha. I've taken Spanish/French and I'm not very good there. My Mandarin is very... not too good but I can understand the gist of things. And speaking-wise.. yeah no it's not very good there.
My native language is Cantonese and I've grown up with English in school so I'm extremely fluent there. That's about it haha. I've taken Spanish/French and I'm not very good there. My Mandarin is very... not too good but I can understand the gist of things. And speaking-wise.. yeah no it's not very good there.
tumblr_osj9l6G4Fp1s8qczso1_r3_540.png
My first language was (American) English, and I can't honestly say I'm anywhere near fluent in another. D:

In 1st-3rd grade there was a weekly Spanish class, but I can't remember absorbing much?

In 8th grade I took a semester of Latin, 2 years of Japanese in 9th and 10th, and then the 3rd year levels were cancelled 2 years in a row, so I'm now on my 2nd year of French. I think I've had a much easier time with Latin + Japanese than I'm having with French. D:

In 9th grade I was interested in independently learning Polish and German, but I didn't pick them up very easily and for the last year my independent language focus has been Finnish, which is very enjoyable! The grammar gets me a lot, but I like it more than most languages I have tried.
My first language was (American) English, and I can't honestly say I'm anywhere near fluent in another. D:

In 1st-3rd grade there was a weekly Spanish class, but I can't remember absorbing much?

In 8th grade I took a semester of Latin, 2 years of Japanese in 9th and 10th, and then the 3rd year levels were cancelled 2 years in a row, so I'm now on my 2nd year of French. I think I've had a much easier time with Latin + Japanese than I'm having with French. D:

In 9th grade I was interested in independently learning Polish and German, but I didn't pick them up very easily and for the last year my independent language focus has been Finnish, which is very enjoyable! The grammar gets me a lot, but I like it more than most languages I have tried.
my native language is japanese. english is my second language! i'm also in the process of learning korean.
my native language is japanese. english is my second language! i'm also in the process of learning korean.
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9