Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 2
@Marmite
The mechanics are rather confusing, so Markiplier helplessly trying to find his way around is understandable @_@

After some reading, apparently the Freddie head is only useful when the old animaltronics are roaming around, but the new ones aren't affecting by it. I don't know what's the method to prevent the newer ones from killing you though ;_;
@Marmite
The mechanics are rather confusing, so Markiplier helplessly trying to find his way around is understandable @_@

After some reading, apparently the Freddie head is only useful when the old animaltronics are roaming around, but the new ones aren't affecting by it. I don't know what's the method to prevent the newer ones from killing you though ;_;
Cleaning~
@Soulwing

I heard that ne ones can be slowed down if you point the flashlight at them.

But I have to agree that mechanics are extremly confusing, especially the new light system and the fact that animatronics most possibly don't have certain pattern. Also, there are too many things to take care of...As I saw, Markiplier had very hard job on the first night....I don't want to see how hard will it get later.
@Soulwing

I heard that ne ones can be slowed down if you point the flashlight at them.

But I have to agree that mechanics are extremly confusing, especially the new light system and the fact that animatronics most possibly don't have certain pattern. Also, there are too many things to take care of...As I saw, Markiplier had very hard job on the first night....I don't want to see how hard will it get later.
@Soulwing @Marmite

I've read around some, and what I've gathered is that the mask can ward off all except old Foxy and The Puppet. This theory's backed up by the fact that in Mark's video, Toy Bonnie appeared in front of him twice while he had the mask on and then left, which I'm assuming would've killed him had he not had the mask on (and also debunking the theory that the new animatronics would kill you with the mask but leave you alone without it. Kinda sad about that since I really liked that theory but oh well), meanwhile The Puppet just up and killed him anyway, mask be damned.

The flashlight meanwhile can slow down all of them- at least, the ones you can see coming. They don't know how to handle the bright light suddenly being flashed in their face, and it's apparently the main way to keep old Foxy at bay. It's sort of a trade-off thing, like using the cameras vs. not in the first game- do you use the flashlight to check the dark spots in the rooms to see if they're getting close, or do you save its power so that way you can defend yourself when the times comes?

I think it's made a little less intense since the only thing that can drain the battery is using the flashlight, whereas in the first game, doing practically anything would use power, but at the same time, with everything else going on, I think that was something that needed to be sacrificed, otherwise the game would just be way to difficult (implying that it isn't already difficult as sin ehehe).

Disclaimer; I've only seen Mark's video and read some fan theories/the various wikis (seriously there's like three why), so don't take this as 100% fact, this is just what I've put together as being the most plausible reasoning. I'm certainly excited to learn more about this game though :3 It looks like it'll be even more interesting than fnaf1.
@Soulwing @Marmite

I've read around some, and what I've gathered is that the mask can ward off all except old Foxy and The Puppet. This theory's backed up by the fact that in Mark's video, Toy Bonnie appeared in front of him twice while he had the mask on and then left, which I'm assuming would've killed him had he not had the mask on (and also debunking the theory that the new animatronics would kill you with the mask but leave you alone without it. Kinda sad about that since I really liked that theory but oh well), meanwhile The Puppet just up and killed him anyway, mask be damned.

The flashlight meanwhile can slow down all of them- at least, the ones you can see coming. They don't know how to handle the bright light suddenly being flashed in their face, and it's apparently the main way to keep old Foxy at bay. It's sort of a trade-off thing, like using the cameras vs. not in the first game- do you use the flashlight to check the dark spots in the rooms to see if they're getting close, or do you save its power so that way you can defend yourself when the times comes?

I think it's made a little less intense since the only thing that can drain the battery is using the flashlight, whereas in the first game, doing practically anything would use power, but at the same time, with everything else going on, I think that was something that needed to be sacrificed, otherwise the game would just be way to difficult (implying that it isn't already difficult as sin ehehe).

Disclaimer; I've only seen Mark's video and read some fan theories/the various wikis (seriously there's like three why), so don't take this as 100% fact, this is just what I've put together as being the most plausible reasoning. I'm certainly excited to learn more about this game though :3 It looks like it'll be even more interesting than fnaf1.
@JurroRath

So, the mask doesn't work on the old Bonnie, Chicka and Freddy? (When I think about that, it's highly possible since in the trailer you can trick faceless Bonnie with it, if I remember right.) I was sure that all old versions won't fail on mask trick, because of the lack of face recognition system...And I'm kind of glad that the theory about new animatronics being nice and protecting you was just a fanmade rumour. Feeling that you're not alone and somebody helps you would ruin the atmosphere of paranoia and helplessness.

I'm more sad because of the change of power system. It looks a lot easier without having to worry about losing energy (and staying alone in the dark with Freddy) and that was one of the biggest fear factors in the first game. (And the jumpscare with Torreador march was always my favourite... :))

However, I'm also very excited and hungry for more lore (yiss, it rhymes!) and, as I already said, it looks promising. It's good that it's not exactly the same as it's ancestor, but we'll all need some time to adapt to the new features. :3
@JurroRath

So, the mask doesn't work on the old Bonnie, Chicka and Freddy? (When I think about that, it's highly possible since in the trailer you can trick faceless Bonnie with it, if I remember right.) I was sure that all old versions won't fail on mask trick, because of the lack of face recognition system...And I'm kind of glad that the theory about new animatronics being nice and protecting you was just a fanmade rumour. Feeling that you're not alone and somebody helps you would ruin the atmosphere of paranoia and helplessness.

I'm more sad because of the change of power system. It looks a lot easier without having to worry about losing energy (and staying alone in the dark with Freddy) and that was one of the biggest fear factors in the first game. (And the jumpscare with Torreador march was always my favourite... :))

However, I'm also very excited and hungry for more lore (yiss, it rhymes!) and, as I already said, it looks promising. It's good that it's not exactly the same as it's ancestor, but we'll all need some time to adapt to the new features. :3
i actually really do like the new features, although i never in a million years will play it haha
i couldnt even play the first one, and watching it is more than enough for me
i actually really do like the new features, although i never in a million years will play it haha
i couldnt even play the first one, and watching it is more than enough for me
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
Hate the music box, feel like it has way too much focus. I've watched so many play throughs and streams and I've BARELY seen the camera layout because everyone had to focus on the music box tirelessly. It's such an unnecessary micro action.

The flashlight's battery chunks itself way too fast, a common complaint I heard on twitch streams.
Hate the music box, feel like it has way too much focus. I've watched so many play throughs and streams and I've BARELY seen the camera layout because everyone had to focus on the music box tirelessly. It's such an unnecessary micro action.

The flashlight's battery chunks itself way too fast, a common complaint I heard on twitch streams.

wes | 28 | fr +3
iuEBSJ3.png
QRVupBA.png
ePOliyb.png

tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
@Marmite

I'm pretty certain that the mask keeps the old ones away. I'm only on night 2 though, and they haven't woken yet. And you do have to worry about power, though it's only for Foxy, who isn't fooled by the head.

@Serilda
I agree with the music box... but when you actually play it in game and have one of the animatronics leering at you from the hall, and one or two in the vents while you're winding it? Super scary. But I think the music box should last a bit longer once you wind it.

Which of you has actually played it?
@Marmite

I'm pretty certain that the mask keeps the old ones away. I'm only on night 2 though, and they haven't woken yet. And you do have to worry about power, though it's only for Foxy, who isn't fooled by the head.

@Serilda
I agree with the music box... but when you actually play it in game and have one of the animatronics leering at you from the hall, and one or two in the vents while you're winding it? Super scary. But I think the music box should last a bit longer once you wind it.

Which of you has actually played it?
@Corvida

If it went down slower, I wouldn't have minded it; but it doesn't, and it irks me. I'm playing the game now, and so far I haven't been able to get scared because of this box and it's annoying triangle warning every 30 seconds or so. I don't know anyone's patterns other than Freddy's yet since I've been so focused on the box.
@Corvida

If it went down slower, I wouldn't have minded it; but it doesn't, and it irks me. I'm playing the game now, and so far I haven't been able to get scared because of this box and it's annoying triangle warning every 30 seconds or so. I don't know anyone's patterns other than Freddy's yet since I've been so focused on the box.

wes | 28 | fr +3
iuEBSJ3.png
QRVupBA.png
ePOliyb.png

@Corvida
No idea actually, I still didn't saw that anybody encountered old Chicka or Bonnie...I guess we have to wait before we're absolutely sure how mechanics work.

@Serilda
I totally agree with this. Cameras are literally useless now. When the animatronics start jumping in the office, you'll either hide behind masks or rush away to check the musicbox. No time for exploring the rooms...
@Corvida
No idea actually, I still didn't saw that anybody encountered old Chicka or Bonnie...I guess we have to wait before we're absolutely sure how mechanics work.

@Serilda
I totally agree with this. Cameras are literally useless now. When the animatronics start jumping in the office, you'll either hide behind masks or rush away to check the musicbox. No time for exploring the rooms...
@Marmite

Died to Chica lifting my mask or something?? I'm confused how this animatronics work, man.
And I TOTALLY agree with you, my favorite part of the first one was seeing them in the different rooms. On the 6th and 7th nights, I get it: you had to develop a system with closing the doors and seeing Foxy, so it left exploring the rooms wasteful and dangerous.

But I shouldn't have to focus on only one room on Night 1 to wind up the box. I shouldn't be developing a check, check, check, mask routine so early. It just doesn't make sense.
@Marmite

Died to Chica lifting my mask or something?? I'm confused how this animatronics work, man.
And I TOTALLY agree with you, my favorite part of the first one was seeing them in the different rooms. On the 6th and 7th nights, I get it: you had to develop a system with closing the doors and seeing Foxy, so it left exploring the rooms wasteful and dangerous.

But I shouldn't have to focus on only one room on Night 1 to wind up the box. I shouldn't be developing a check, check, check, mask routine so early. It just doesn't make sense.

wes | 28 | fr +3
iuEBSJ3.png
QRVupBA.png
ePOliyb.png