Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What music do you listen to?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What 'music' do you listen to? Is it Indie, JB, a capella, techno, tapping pencils, rain sounds??? Who cares - Don't be afraid to share!

What is your favourite song?/ What are you favourite songs?

Do you have a favourite artist, band or group?

Do you have a favourite genre?

I'm interested in finding more music to listen to, and I thought others may appreciate a music thread for the same reason.

I couldn't see another active thread, so why not!

I rather like Florence & The Machine, Amanda Palmer, Bastille, Mumford & Sons and Lady Gaga at the moment; But I enjoy any music as long as it's got a good beat! I also have a big soft spot for 70/80's music!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the sake of 8-bit enthusiasts, inspired by @Ovo and @Bladewolf; Check out GXSCC! It allows you to quickly make 8-bit/Chiptune music from midi files! Have fun!

You just need Winrar/Winzip to access the files as they are zipped. Usage is simple, just drag midi files onto the GXSCC program when it is open, and it will covert them.
What 'music' do you listen to? Is it Indie, JB, a capella, techno, tapping pencils, rain sounds??? Who cares - Don't be afraid to share!

What is your favourite song?/ What are you favourite songs?

Do you have a favourite artist, band or group?

Do you have a favourite genre?

I'm interested in finding more music to listen to, and I thought others may appreciate a music thread for the same reason.

I couldn't see another active thread, so why not!

I rather like Florence & The Machine, Amanda Palmer, Bastille, Mumford & Sons and Lady Gaga at the moment; But I enjoy any music as long as it's got a good beat! I also have a big soft spot for 70/80's music!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the sake of 8-bit enthusiasts, inspired by @Ovo and @Bladewolf; Check out GXSCC! It allows you to quickly make 8-bit/Chiptune music from midi files! Have fun!

You just need Winrar/Winzip to access the files as they are zipped. Usage is simple, just drag midi files onto the GXSCC program when it is open, and it will covert them.
i love all sorts of music aa,, it's hard to choose

favorite song // electric chapel - lady gaga
favrite artist // phoenix!! they are fantastic
favorite genre // i'm not sure tbh? anything thats 8-bit is really nice tho

some other favs are the strokes, the shins, david bowie, empire of the sun, daft punk, fleet foxes, franz ferdinand, vampire weekend, panic! at the disco.. i could go on forever honestly ;U;
i love all sorts of music aa,, it's hard to choose

favorite song // electric chapel - lady gaga
favrite artist // phoenix!! they are fantastic
favorite genre // i'm not sure tbh? anything thats 8-bit is really nice tho

some other favs are the strokes, the shins, david bowie, empire of the sun, daft punk, fleet foxes, franz ferdinand, vampire weekend, panic! at the disco.. i could go on forever honestly ;U;
uh, I have a lot of favorite songs... like. too many. one of my current favorite things is La Danse Macabre from Shovel Knight, though. so there. there's that.

I don't really have any specific fave artist/group right now. I like many, but I kinda just listen to 90% video game music anymore, and there's a lotta great composers out there. my favorite vaporwave artist is 猫 シ Corp.(cat system corp), there's something.

I largely enjoy almost anything electronic, but chiptune and anything with chiptune elements will win me over almost every time. I'm super into vaporwave lately too. I don't know what genres most of the other stuff I like would fall under, I prefer not to use the terms because it gets complicated. :/
uh, I have a lot of favorite songs... like. too many. one of my current favorite things is La Danse Macabre from Shovel Knight, though. so there. there's that.

I don't really have any specific fave artist/group right now. I like many, but I kinda just listen to 90% video game music anymore, and there's a lotta great composers out there. my favorite vaporwave artist is 猫 シ Corp.(cat system corp), there's something.

I largely enjoy almost anything electronic, but chiptune and anything with chiptune elements will win me over almost every time. I'm super into vaporwave lately too. I don't know what genres most of the other stuff I like would fall under, I prefer not to use the terms because it gets complicated. :/
they/them | +2 FR time
I have pings disabled
I love all music. There are very few songs I've listened to and actually thought 'I don't like this', and I'm always cycling out new songs/genes at my current favorite.

Right now, my favorite song is 'Ever Fallen In Love' by the Buzzcocks

Queen, and ''new Queen'' AKA Fun, Regina Spektor, and Eminem.

Let's see, I like all genres, but right now it's Rock & Roll/Metal, techno, and hip hop(Instrumental versions - I love a good beat) .3.
I love all music. There are very few songs I've listened to and actually thought 'I don't like this', and I'm always cycling out new songs/genes at my current favorite.

Right now, my favorite song is 'Ever Fallen In Love' by the Buzzcocks

Queen, and ''new Queen'' AKA Fun, Regina Spektor, and Eminem.

Let's see, I like all genres, but right now it's Rock & Roll/Metal, techno, and hip hop(Instrumental versions - I love a good beat) .3.
I really like all sorts of music but I guess I tend to stick to indie/alternative rock. I also really enjoy some electronic pop!

Favorite song - I CAN'T PICK?? I have a new favorite song like every week?? This week would be Muscle Memory by LIGHTS
Favorite band - Death Cab for Cutie
Favorite genre - I've already listed it!

I'm always down to listen to new music as well :)

@ovo I LOVE The Shins, Fleet Foxes, and Vampire Weekend, definitely some of my favorite bands

@Act Mumford and Sons are a really great band. I adore that first album.
I really like all sorts of music but I guess I tend to stick to indie/alternative rock. I also really enjoy some electronic pop!

Favorite song - I CAN'T PICK?? I have a new favorite song like every week?? This week would be Muscle Memory by LIGHTS
Favorite band - Death Cab for Cutie
Favorite genre - I've already listed it!

I'm always down to listen to new music as well :)

@ovo I LOVE The Shins, Fleet Foxes, and Vampire Weekend, definitely some of my favorite bands

@Act Mumford and Sons are a really great band. I adore that first album.
t.v. | she/her | fr+0 | pings very welcome!
@ovo, Oh yes!! Got to love Bowie. As a pixel artist, I'm a fan of 8-bit too - but don't really listen to it actively. I'm also somewhat of a post- P!ATD fan, although I'll listen to them every once in a while and still find myself singing their songs. If you're interested, I'm going to add a link on the first post to a great program for easily making 8-bit/Chiptune music, being as I just remembered it. Check if out if you want!

@BladeWolf, Shovel Knight! That's a game I've been meaning to play for a while. It looks excellent from what I've seen of it. And you like 8-bit/Chiptune too, huh? Glad to hear it! As I mentioned above to Ovo, If you're also interested; I'm going to add a link on the first post to a great program for easily making 8-bit/Chiptune music, being as I just remembered it. Check if out if you want!

I agree with you, @Wreckoning, I could even tolerate something ultimately bland and repetitive so long as the beat and/or backing track was decent.

@senryakus Aww, Death Cab! I've been meaning to listen to more of their songs. They're almost nostalgic to me in a way - even though I don't think they're that old of a band(?) and I've only known them for about 4 years. I think it's just the vibe that some of their songs give me.
@ovo, Oh yes!! Got to love Bowie. As a pixel artist, I'm a fan of 8-bit too - but don't really listen to it actively. I'm also somewhat of a post- P!ATD fan, although I'll listen to them every once in a while and still find myself singing their songs. If you're interested, I'm going to add a link on the first post to a great program for easily making 8-bit/Chiptune music, being as I just remembered it. Check if out if you want!

@BladeWolf, Shovel Knight! That's a game I've been meaning to play for a while. It looks excellent from what I've seen of it. And you like 8-bit/Chiptune too, huh? Glad to hear it! As I mentioned above to Ovo, If you're also interested; I'm going to add a link on the first post to a great program for easily making 8-bit/Chiptune music, being as I just remembered it. Check if out if you want!

I agree with you, @Wreckoning, I could even tolerate something ultimately bland and repetitive so long as the beat and/or backing track was decent.

@senryakus Aww, Death Cab! I've been meaning to listen to more of their songs. They're almost nostalgic to me in a way - even though I don't think they're that old of a band(?) and I've only known them for about 4 years. I think it's just the vibe that some of their songs give me.
@Act They've been my favorite band for almost ten years ;_; If you ever need some ideas on what to listen to because they've got a big discography just let me know and I can direct you to some of my personal favorites! And yeah I know what you mean - their vibe kind of reflects a certain time period that you don't feel in a lot of current bands (not to discredit new bands at all)
@Act They've been my favorite band for almost ten years ;_; If you ever need some ideas on what to listen to because they've got a big discography just let me know and I can direct you to some of my personal favorites! And yeah I know what you mean - their vibe kind of reflects a certain time period that you don't feel in a lot of current bands (not to discredit new bands at all)
t.v. | she/her | fr+0 | pings very welcome!
@Aw, sweet! Yes, in terms of their discography that may have been what put me off before - but I had always intended to go back and check them out.

By all means, if you'd like to, list away! I'm sure others will appreciate the gesture as well. Personally I'm always open to recommendations!
@Aw, sweet! Yes, in terms of their discography that may have been what put me off before - but I had always intended to go back and check them out.

By all means, if you'd like to, list away! I'm sure others will appreciate the gesture as well. Personally I'm always open to recommendations!
I tend to bounce around all the time, concerning genre. Generally speaking, my favorites are classic rock (the harder the better) and bluegrass.

What is your favourite song?/ What are you favourite songs? Toss up between Zeppelin's Ramble On, When the Levee Breaks, and maybe Bob Seger's Beautiful Loser

Do you have a favourite artist, band or group? I most listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, and Bob Seger. Pretty partial to DBSK (Korean group I can't hate) and Steeldrivers. I'll also forever love Def Leppard.

Do you have a favourite genre? See again about classic rock.
I tend to bounce around all the time, concerning genre. Generally speaking, my favorites are classic rock (the harder the better) and bluegrass.

What is your favourite song?/ What are you favourite songs? Toss up between Zeppelin's Ramble On, When the Levee Breaks, and maybe Bob Seger's Beautiful Loser

Do you have a favourite artist, band or group? I most listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, and Bob Seger. Pretty partial to DBSK (Korean group I can't hate) and Steeldrivers. I'll also forever love Def Leppard.

Do you have a favourite genre? See again about classic rock.
@Lebratprince Oh niiiiiiccccce! I also like a bit of classic rock, but then again, I'm pretty much in love with anything pre 90's.

Is your name in reference to Lestat? I'm simply curious!
@Lebratprince Oh niiiiiiccccce! I also like a bit of classic rock, but then again, I'm pretty much in love with anything pre 90's.

Is your name in reference to Lestat? I'm simply curious!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9