Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bunking down for a hurricane! Gah!
1 2
I live in Hawaii right now and on Thursday hurricane Iselle will be hitting possibly followed by tropical storm Julio (which I think has now strengthened to a hurricane?). The only time I've ever been in a situation like this, and It's so crazy here, stores are selling out of supplies left and right and my family and neighbors are in a frenzy!

I live more inland and on one of the more sheltered islands so I'll be mostly alright, but it's still scary. Going on Flight Rising and Tumblr is helping me not get too stressed, really hope the power doesn't ever go out because then what will I do? D:
I live in Hawaii right now and on Thursday hurricane Iselle will be hitting possibly followed by tropical storm Julio (which I think has now strengthened to a hurricane?). The only time I've ever been in a situation like this, and It's so crazy here, stores are selling out of supplies left and right and my family and neighbors are in a frenzy!

I live more inland and on one of the more sheltered islands so I'll be mostly alright, but it's still scary. Going on Flight Rising and Tumblr is helping me not get too stressed, really hope the power doesn't ever go out because then what will I do? D:
Yx2Ix0W.gif
Good luck! I hope everything will be fine.
Good luck! I hope everything will be fine.
@Rayinuya
Ive been in a hurricane and several tropical storms before and its not too scary, they wind is just really loud (for hurricanes), but ya'll should be fine! Be sure to have candels and board games!! Also food and water but first things first.
@Rayinuya
Ive been in a hurricane and several tropical storms before and its not too scary, they wind is just really loud (for hurricanes), but ya'll should be fine! Be sure to have candels and board games!! Also food and water but first things first.
gdi I live in Florida, and I have, off and on for years, and we haven't had a good hurricane for ages. I'm like a hurricane expert. My current house had its roof literally ripped off by one while I was in it, and since it was raining heavily the place flooded inside. Good times though. I found it exciting. Though that was a rare scenario in the wake of either.. Charlie.. or Katrina. One of em. Usually they just divert course or disperse quickly, leaving only a lot of rain and heavy wind.

Yeah, get water. And food. Your power probably will go off, if only for short periods, so try and plan for it. Might go off for days, even, though you'll probably just get flickering. Keep pets inside and all that. Get batteries. Dear god. Def batteries for flashlights, which, if you don't have one, get one. Or two, depending on how big your family is. Ya gotta find your way to the bathroom somehow, and it's hard to light the candles without em in the middle of the night.
gdi I live in Florida, and I have, off and on for years, and we haven't had a good hurricane for ages. I'm like a hurricane expert. My current house had its roof literally ripped off by one while I was in it, and since it was raining heavily the place flooded inside. Good times though. I found it exciting. Though that was a rare scenario in the wake of either.. Charlie.. or Katrina. One of em. Usually they just divert course or disperse quickly, leaving only a lot of rain and heavy wind.

Yeah, get water. And food. Your power probably will go off, if only for short periods, so try and plan for it. Might go off for days, even, though you'll probably just get flickering. Keep pets inside and all that. Get batteries. Dear god. Def batteries for flashlights, which, if you don't have one, get one. Or two, depending on how big your family is. Ya gotta find your way to the bathroom somehow, and it's hard to light the candles without em in the middle of the night.
Same here! Let's hope Julio's not another Iniki!
Same here! Let's hope Julio's not another Iniki!
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
ditto. what island?
ditto. what island?
Hawaii people, keep it please! I'm in south Florida and we had a realization after we saw the news that we have no idea what to do if it does hit. We always have food and water set back but I have NO idea on what to do for my bearded dragon and Hermit crabs for heat!

I remember when hurricane charlie hit and sitting in the dark on plastic baby chairs eating cold hotdogs. Look for ways to have fun if the power goes out on google while you have it. hah, I was absolutely HEARTBROKEN that I missed the Nickelodeon Barbie horse movie, I wanted to call the station and yell at them for not waiting for me!
Hawaii people, keep it please! I'm in south Florida and we had a realization after we saw the news that we have no idea what to do if it does hit. We always have food and water set back but I have NO idea on what to do for my bearded dragon and Hermit crabs for heat!

I remember when hurricane charlie hit and sitting in the dark on plastic baby chairs eating cold hotdogs. Look for ways to have fun if the power goes out on google while you have it. hah, I was absolutely HEARTBROKEN that I missed the Nickelodeon Barbie horse movie, I wanted to call the station and yell at them for not waiting for me!
EjfnLh8.gif
@Willowstar321

Pretty much all the islands are going to be hit. Hawai'i is in for a direct hit. 2 hours to go (for Hawai'i Island) and it's already raining.

It's even starting to rain on O'ahu and it's going to be about 12 hours before it gets hit.
@Willowstar321

Pretty much all the islands are going to be hit. Hawai'i is in for a direct hit. 2 hours to go (for Hawai'i Island) and it's already raining.

It's even starting to rain on O'ahu and it's going to be about 12 hours before it gets hit.
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
Stay safe! I hope y'all are ok tonight.
Stay safe! I hope y'all are ok tonight.
aurora_koreplum_100_by_dragonnmr-d9f1bl5.gifpj2Z2I2.png rficGdy.gif
Stay safe!! Like everyone has said, keep water handy!
Stay safe!! Like everyone has said, keep water handy!
1 2