Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Could really use some hugs about now...
1 2
@GiftOfArtemis
Thank you. I don't know if I'm a "good" RP partner, but all through high school and college, I have always loved to write. I'm working on actually writing a novel in my spare time. I have a snippet of the prologue on my (not fully finished) website if you're interested: http://www.tyrnea.com

@Reyna
It really is terrible watching her sometimes. What's all the worse, with the dementia she has, she goes outside and she acts fine. She chases birds, she runs around... she acts like a normal dog. She comes in... and she's having accidents in the house, she's staring into space, she's not eating very well... She's lost a lot of weight and she's hunting down every last drop of water she can find regardless how much I put into their water dish. Which makes us thing she's got failing kidneys, on top of the dementia and the hip and spinal arthritis that she already has... So... hard as it is, it's time...
@GiftOfArtemis
Thank you. I don't know if I'm a "good" RP partner, but all through high school and college, I have always loved to write. I'm working on actually writing a novel in my spare time. I have a snippet of the prologue on my (not fully finished) website if you're interested: http://www.tyrnea.com

@Reyna
It really is terrible watching her sometimes. What's all the worse, with the dementia she has, she goes outside and she acts fine. She chases birds, she runs around... she acts like a normal dog. She comes in... and she's having accidents in the house, she's staring into space, she's not eating very well... She's lost a lot of weight and she's hunting down every last drop of water she can find regardless how much I put into their water dish. Which makes us thing she's got failing kidneys, on top of the dementia and the hip and spinal arthritis that she already has... So... hard as it is, it's time...
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
@Velg
Aw. Poor thing. :c Sounds like my grandmas cat. My poor grandmother is in denial that anything is wrong though and the poor cat is suffering. The poor thing is around 15 years old. Sometimes putting them down is just the kindest thing you can do for them.
@Velg
Aw. Poor thing. :c Sounds like my grandmas cat. My poor grandmother is in denial that anything is wrong though and the poor cat is suffering. The poor thing is around 15 years old. Sometimes putting them down is just the kindest thing you can do for them.
XS9Xu1r.png
@Reyna
It's true. Mom tried to console me earlier, she dragged me out to dinner. She had said that the most responsible thing a pet owner can do sometimes... is to relieve an animal from their suffering. I had to put my 12 year old rabbit down last year, and it was probably the worst feeling ever. I love my dogs, but as they're sort of "inherited" so to speak, I don't have the same connection with them as I had with my rabbit Harley. I love my dogs to death, but Harley was essentially my furry little son. And letting him go, was so heart wrenchingly hard... but it was the best gift I could give him at that point.
@Reyna
It's true. Mom tried to console me earlier, she dragged me out to dinner. She had said that the most responsible thing a pet owner can do sometimes... is to relieve an animal from their suffering. I had to put my 12 year old rabbit down last year, and it was probably the worst feeling ever. I love my dogs, but as they're sort of "inherited" so to speak, I don't have the same connection with them as I had with my rabbit Harley. I love my dogs to death, but Harley was essentially my furry little son. And letting him go, was so heart wrenchingly hard... but it was the best gift I could give him at that point.
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
@Velg
Yeah, my sister has a cat that's basically her entire world. I don't know how she'll cope when it's time to say goodbye. It really is such a horrible feeling, even though you know it's what's right. I've never had a long bond with any one animal, since we don't keep pets very long before they die or get sent away. I'm worried that someday I'll have a relationship with a pet that's so strong I won't see reason and let the poor thing suffer.

Also my RL friend had a bunny named Harley that died.
@Velg
Yeah, my sister has a cat that's basically her entire world. I don't know how she'll cope when it's time to say goodbye. It really is such a horrible feeling, even though you know it's what's right. I've never had a long bond with any one animal, since we don't keep pets very long before they die or get sent away. I'm worried that someday I'll have a relationship with a pet that's so strong I won't see reason and let the poor thing suffer.

Also my RL friend had a bunny named Harley that died.
XS9Xu1r.png
@Velg

I have parted ways with a friend before, so I sort of know how you're feeling. But the reason we parted ways in the first place was because she got into some pretty bad things. We did reconnect two years later, but things were awkward and we stopped talking to each other. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen to you, and I wish you the best, and hope that things start turning out okay for you. :3 Here's some hugs for you.

With the decision you made with your dog, all I can say is that I'm in the same boat as you. Today I made the decision to put down one of my horses I've ridden for years after the vet told us she was only going to get worse. At least your mom tried to console you, I'm around some pretty insensitive people unfortunately.

@NovaLovesFrogs

That's pretty awful of your former friend to stop talking to you because of your health problems. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. :D Also, hugs for you as well.
@Velg

I have parted ways with a friend before, so I sort of know how you're feeling. But the reason we parted ways in the first place was because she got into some pretty bad things. We did reconnect two years later, but things were awkward and we stopped talking to each other. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen to you, and I wish you the best, and hope that things start turning out okay for you. :3 Here's some hugs for you.

With the decision you made with your dog, all I can say is that I'm in the same boat as you. Today I made the decision to put down one of my horses I've ridden for years after the vet told us she was only going to get worse. At least your mom tried to console you, I'm around some pretty insensitive people unfortunately.

@NovaLovesFrogs

That's pretty awful of your former friend to stop talking to you because of your health problems. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. :D Also, hugs for you as well.
jtgoRWq.png
I don't know much about the friend thing, but I'm sorry that's happened to you. Maybe in time, you will find more friends who you "match with" better. As much as it sucks, you have some idea of what happened to this person-- they just don't want to be around anymore. So, time to find people who do! Easier said than done, but it'll happen.

What I do know about is the situation with your dog.

"... and she's having accidents in the house, she's staring into space, she's not eating very well... She's lost a lot of weight and she's hunting down every last drop of water she can find regardless how much I put into their water dish. Which makes us thing she's got failing kidneys..."

We put down our dog on the 1st of this month. It was the hardest choice we've ever made, because you know, if you just saw him when he was out and about, he seemed normal. But he was doing ALL of what you just said up there, and he was having trouble walking, to boot. Kidney problems are most likely.

Which doesn't make anything easier. It's always difficult, it always is painful, and I think there's usually doubt about if it was the right thing to do. It sucks. But it really, really is the one last good thing you can do, when your pet is suffering. Are the good times they have worth the rest of the time, when they're miserable? There comes a point where the answer is "no", and that's when it's time. It's an act of love.

I wish your heart the best of luck in healing. Hang in there.

- G
I don't know much about the friend thing, but I'm sorry that's happened to you. Maybe in time, you will find more friends who you "match with" better. As much as it sucks, you have some idea of what happened to this person-- they just don't want to be around anymore. So, time to find people who do! Easier said than done, but it'll happen.

What I do know about is the situation with your dog.

"... and she's having accidents in the house, she's staring into space, she's not eating very well... She's lost a lot of weight and she's hunting down every last drop of water she can find regardless how much I put into their water dish. Which makes us thing she's got failing kidneys..."

We put down our dog on the 1st of this month. It was the hardest choice we've ever made, because you know, if you just saw him when he was out and about, he seemed normal. But he was doing ALL of what you just said up there, and he was having trouble walking, to boot. Kidney problems are most likely.

Which doesn't make anything easier. It's always difficult, it always is painful, and I think there's usually doubt about if it was the right thing to do. It sucks. But it really, really is the one last good thing you can do, when your pet is suffering. Are the good times they have worth the rest of the time, when they're miserable? There comes a point where the answer is "no", and that's when it's time. It's an act of love.

I wish your heart the best of luck in healing. Hang in there.

- G
ACOZFAh.png sZShZzW.png Zs4VhSn.png
RyOOFff.png kseo325.png
OxagJgG.png bsTwpFg.png
KLS4Wrl.png
1 2