Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | SMITE: Anyone else play it ? :)
1 2 3
My friend Zero recently got me into playing SMITE by Hi Rez Studios, and I was wondering if anyone else played it.

If so, what is your preferred God/Goddess and, thus preferred class ?

I love Ah Muzen Cab, who is a hunter, and the Mayan God of Bees. He's so awesome, and makes for an amazing ADC after some observations of how other, more seasoned players equip their Hunters (Athena, Neith, more Ah Muzen Cab's). If you want, feel free to share what you equip your god with to what you feel is the most effective way to equip them. :) I am trying to learn how to use more gods, especially good when doing Assault since you are given a random god that is available to you. For him, I usually equip Combat Blink and Greater Sprint (or Greater Meditation if I have to spit honey everywhere given the opponents) and then I equip ASI, Hastened Fatalis, Qin's Sais, Warrior Tabi, Deathbringer, and another lifesteal or crit item.

On that note, have you purchased any new Gods/Goddesses and/or skins ?

I recently bought Arachne, and I love her, despite the fact she is an Assassin class and melee fighter, she makes for an excellent jungler once you have upgraded all of her broodlings, and of course, assassin. With her, I equip her with the same build as Muzen to quickly kill enemies (but instead Ninja Tabi and Jotun's Wrath instead of Warrior's Tabi and Hastened Fatalis, but I do have troubles leveling her up in battle, which hinders my ability to assassinate a level 16 god/goddess when I am still level 10 with her. Fortunately, I do like that she has an ability to steal health, and drag an opponent out of battle with her ultimate, so I can assassinate them, usually with the help of Zero using Ra's ultimate on them as well as I drain their health. Unfortunately, because of my inexperience with her, I usually end up accidentally feeding myself to the opponent sometimes, but as far as I can tell, none of my teammates get upset since I don't have any level mastery with her.

AND ANOTHER question: Have you encountered people you like or do not like ?

I have met both. I once got into an argument with a team member about who rocked more. We kept telling each other "YOU ROCK" "NO. YOU ROCK." and it was great.
I later encountered a troll who was too self-centered for his own good (he kept telling us he was hauling the team's weight because he kept taking out the enemy towers and phoenixes, but he ignored people who needed aid in battle, and then went as far to start bullying us and started a surrender vote because we apparently didn't deserve to win the match. I reported his butt right after, and I'm pretty sure the others did too, as well as the other team once he left the lobby after the match and we told them he was bullying us). Another time was the jungler in another match, who accused me of not paying attention when I called for help when I had a Sobek and someone else on my tail (I think Hades, but I can't remember. I know it was an assassin). He came to help, and I went back to restore my health, and then once Sobek and the other killed him and I was on my way back to help him, he started bullying me for not paying attention, kind of ironic, eh ? Despite those two, I'll keep playing. I blocked them, so I don't have to worry about them, besides, why let two bad apples ruin a great game ?

Anywho, share your SMITE experiences ! I'd love to hear what other people think about the game. :)
My friend Zero recently got me into playing SMITE by Hi Rez Studios, and I was wondering if anyone else played it.

If so, what is your preferred God/Goddess and, thus preferred class ?

I love Ah Muzen Cab, who is a hunter, and the Mayan God of Bees. He's so awesome, and makes for an amazing ADC after some observations of how other, more seasoned players equip their Hunters (Athena, Neith, more Ah Muzen Cab's). If you want, feel free to share what you equip your god with to what you feel is the most effective way to equip them. :) I am trying to learn how to use more gods, especially good when doing Assault since you are given a random god that is available to you. For him, I usually equip Combat Blink and Greater Sprint (or Greater Meditation if I have to spit honey everywhere given the opponents) and then I equip ASI, Hastened Fatalis, Qin's Sais, Warrior Tabi, Deathbringer, and another lifesteal or crit item.

On that note, have you purchased any new Gods/Goddesses and/or skins ?

I recently bought Arachne, and I love her, despite the fact she is an Assassin class and melee fighter, she makes for an excellent jungler once you have upgraded all of her broodlings, and of course, assassin. With her, I equip her with the same build as Muzen to quickly kill enemies (but instead Ninja Tabi and Jotun's Wrath instead of Warrior's Tabi and Hastened Fatalis, but I do have troubles leveling her up in battle, which hinders my ability to assassinate a level 16 god/goddess when I am still level 10 with her. Fortunately, I do like that she has an ability to steal health, and drag an opponent out of battle with her ultimate, so I can assassinate them, usually with the help of Zero using Ra's ultimate on them as well as I drain their health. Unfortunately, because of my inexperience with her, I usually end up accidentally feeding myself to the opponent sometimes, but as far as I can tell, none of my teammates get upset since I don't have any level mastery with her.

AND ANOTHER question: Have you encountered people you like or do not like ?

I have met both. I once got into an argument with a team member about who rocked more. We kept telling each other "YOU ROCK" "NO. YOU ROCK." and it was great.
I later encountered a troll who was too self-centered for his own good (he kept telling us he was hauling the team's weight because he kept taking out the enemy towers and phoenixes, but he ignored people who needed aid in battle, and then went as far to start bullying us and started a surrender vote because we apparently didn't deserve to win the match. I reported his butt right after, and I'm pretty sure the others did too, as well as the other team once he left the lobby after the match and we told them he was bullying us). Another time was the jungler in another match, who accused me of not paying attention when I called for help when I had a Sobek and someone else on my tail (I think Hades, but I can't remember. I know it was an assassin). He came to help, and I went back to restore my health, and then once Sobek and the other killed him and I was on my way back to help him, he started bullying me for not paying attention, kind of ironic, eh ? Despite those two, I'll keep playing. I blocked them, so I don't have to worry about them, besides, why let two bad apples ruin a great game ?

Anywho, share your SMITE experiences ! I'd love to hear what other people think about the game. :)
FRIEND.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif
Bump, perhaps ? :')
I really want to know who else plays. Heck, I might wanna do a match with you.

On another note, I bought Hades. Still learning the ropes with him, but I love him so far. Any ideas for a good build for him ?
Bump, perhaps ? :')
I really want to know who else plays. Heck, I might wanna do a match with you.

On another note, I bought Hades. Still learning the ropes with him, but I love him so far. Any ideas for a good build for him ?
I play c:

My favorites are probably Bacchus and Athena; I LOVE high mobility tanks, but I play every role. I'm currently learning Kumbakharna.

I'm a frustrating Cupid and Ra to deal with, I've been told, and I'm a good Chronos. I own all of the gods though, and who I feel like playing changes rapidly, so while I'm passable with most, I've mastered few.
I play c:

My favorites are probably Bacchus and Athena; I LOVE high mobility tanks, but I play every role. I'm currently learning Kumbakharna.

I'm a frustrating Cupid and Ra to deal with, I've been told, and I'm a good Chronos. I own all of the gods though, and who I feel like playing changes rapidly, so while I'm passable with most, I've mastered few.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
@Ayeaka
Oh wow, that's cool ! Would you possibly have any build suggestions for Hades ? It sounds like you have played for a while, if you have all of the current gods. :)
@Ayeaka
Oh wow, that's cool ! Would you possibly have any build suggestions for Hades ? It sounds like you have played for a while, if you have all of the current gods. :)
@mothquake
I confess I have recently come back to Smite after a long absence, so a lot of build stuff has changed! I'm still getting my head around it.

In general though; Hades is meant to be a bruiser. Sure, it says he should be a tank, but to function He needs some beef, AND a lot of damage to back up his tank. He's a Mage that works fabulously with magical life steal, and he can out sustain most lane trades with a quick and early life steal buy. Don't shy away from a rod of Tahuiti on him. Ever.
I find he works well as a pick with items that stymy healing as well, if you're trying to deal with squishes like Chang'e.

Hmm. I should play him more. The big thing is setting up for his all in–and he has a great all in–and making sure your victim can't get away. If you're laning duo, it's hard to find a better lane partner than Anubis.

[edit]sorry for typos. On my phone!
@mothquake
I confess I have recently come back to Smite after a long absence, so a lot of build stuff has changed! I'm still getting my head around it.

In general though; Hades is meant to be a bruiser. Sure, it says he should be a tank, but to function He needs some beef, AND a lot of damage to back up his tank. He's a Mage that works fabulously with magical life steal, and he can out sustain most lane trades with a quick and early life steal buy. Don't shy away from a rod of Tahuiti on him. Ever.
I find he works well as a pick with items that stymy healing as well, if you're trying to deal with squishes like Chang'e.

Hmm. I should play him more. The big thing is setting up for his all in–and he has a great all in–and making sure your victim can't get away. If you're laning duo, it's hard to find a better lane partner than Anubis.

[edit]sorry for typos. On my phone!
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
@Aeaka
Ah, I see. When I first started I had built him to tank. I did watch a video where the player built him for magic. Thank you! :) I have noticed that his 4 is only good if it can ensure a kill since I have recently discovered that opponents aren't stunned when they get caught in it (I usually end up finding myself getting mauled to death as I drag them closer with his 4) because in the past, as Muzen, I always tried to get away. I recently discovered that the only ones who can get away are Neith with her 3 and anyone who can use combat blink and I am pretty sure Apollo and Mercury can also get away, both with their 4's.

Yeah, I have noticed (from many videos) that the user interface has changed a lot.

Also, while I am thinking of it, how do you feel about Kali, and how she was changed due to complaints about her ? I have always wondered what other people think about it. Sorry If I am asking too many questions. ; w ;
@Aeaka
Ah, I see. When I first started I had built him to tank. I did watch a video where the player built him for magic. Thank you! :) I have noticed that his 4 is only good if it can ensure a kill since I have recently discovered that opponents aren't stunned when they get caught in it (I usually end up finding myself getting mauled to death as I drag them closer with his 4) because in the past, as Muzen, I always tried to get away. I recently discovered that the only ones who can get away are Neith with her 3 and anyone who can use combat blink and I am pretty sure Apollo and Mercury can also get away, both with their 4's.

Yeah, I have noticed (from many videos) that the user interface has changed a lot.

Also, while I am thinking of it, how do you feel about Kali, and how she was changed due to complaints about her ? I have always wondered what other people think about it. Sorry If I am asking too many questions. ; w ;
@mothquake
Her visual rework? I can understand it. Smite's designs for its female cast are fairly problematic as a whole, and I'm not surprised they hit controversy with her. Of course, personally I wish she had her traditional skirt of human heads.
But that's me.
@mothquake
Her visual rework? I can understand it. Smite's designs for its female cast are fairly problematic as a whole, and I'm not surprised they hit controversy with her. Of course, personally I wish she had her traditional skirt of human heads.
But that's me.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
@Ayeaka
Ah, yeah. I personally don't like it because now she looks too much like a Norse God, and at the time Kali was brought into the Hindu religion, people at that time did not wear that many clothes to begin with, and much of her traditional art depicted her as topless with a necklace of severed heads covering her breasts, so Hi Rez did the closest thing to that that they could, without her being too adult-themed--they covered her breasts with a simple piece of clothing in placement of the necklace of heads, given the probable wide variety of the age group playing the game. I actually appreciate most of the female designs, mostly because they are historically accurate to the way the goddess was depicted in the art (like Neith, and don't get me started on Aphrodite, whom people apparently claimed was made to be "too sexy" *facepalm*). I actually have a high respect for Hi Rez for how deep they integrate the God lore into the appearance and skills. I am upset that Kali's skill set changed though. It realy doesn't fit, well, Kali. Originally, she had Siphon Blood or something as her 3, and with that was she fed off the blood of foes within a certain radius, which reflects exactly what she did in her story with another Hindu God, but that was replaced with her incense thing or something. I'm not even Hindu, but her major changes actually offended me since I took a class about Hinduism for a trimester at the private school I went to. I feel like Kali isn't Kali anymore, even if I just joined, but I was told about it by the guy who got me to play, and so I looked it up, and it seemed like the people complaining about Kali did not even recognize how much accuracy there was in Kali before she was changed. I am still curious as to why her abilities had to change.
@Ayeaka
Ah, yeah. I personally don't like it because now she looks too much like a Norse God, and at the time Kali was brought into the Hindu religion, people at that time did not wear that many clothes to begin with, and much of her traditional art depicted her as topless with a necklace of severed heads covering her breasts, so Hi Rez did the closest thing to that that they could, without her being too adult-themed--they covered her breasts with a simple piece of clothing in placement of the necklace of heads, given the probable wide variety of the age group playing the game. I actually appreciate most of the female designs, mostly because they are historically accurate to the way the goddess was depicted in the art (like Neith, and don't get me started on Aphrodite, whom people apparently claimed was made to be "too sexy" *facepalm*). I actually have a high respect for Hi Rez for how deep they integrate the God lore into the appearance and skills. I am upset that Kali's skill set changed though. It realy doesn't fit, well, Kali. Originally, she had Siphon Blood or something as her 3, and with that was she fed off the blood of foes within a certain radius, which reflects exactly what she did in her story with another Hindu God, but that was replaced with her incense thing or something. I'm not even Hindu, but her major changes actually offended me since I took a class about Hinduism for a trimester at the private school I went to. I feel like Kali isn't Kali anymore, even if I just joined, but I was told about it by the guy who got me to play, and so I looked it up, and it seemed like the people complaining about Kali did not even recognize how much accuracy there was in Kali before she was changed. I am still curious as to why her abilities had to change.
@mothquake The issue isn't in how many clothes she was or wasn't wearing... Someone could be depicted naked in an entirely nonsexual manner, vs sexualized by where they are and...aren't clothed. The sexualization was what people had an issue with. I can't say I like her new design--but then her old design was similarly horrible. They don't seem to be capable of designing female characters well at all. All of the females have the exact same body shape (literally the same model with different clothing,) and look...the same. The male gods they've depicted show remarkable variety; they're more than capable of doing the same with the women!
They just...don't. It's disappointing, I suppose. It feels they use the goddesses for nothing more than eye candy, when the males are so unique in silhouette and design. I know they can do better. They've made a very fun game with good, solid art and design otherwise, so it's disappointing that the goddesses fall flat in comparison.

As for accuracy in design with their goddesses? not really. There's a lot of intentional sexualization...on every female character, even where it's wholly unnecessary. I'd certainly never complain about Aphrodite, for example. Artemis and Athena are perhaps the best designed but, there is still intentional sexualization with Athena (boob plates, WHY?)and it's not an attempt at accuracy in design.
Kali herself is depicted naked, but she is not sexualized in these works;
Neith, for example, was traditioanlly depicted in a long dress (typically red,) that cut below her breasts, and fell below her knees. I'm not sure how that translated to pasties and effective body paint for covering.

As for Kali's skills, there I'm much less impressed, but I understand some of the necessary balance tweaks... I can't comment on her kit so much as a whole, as her older kit was before I really started to play assassin's much, so I didn't get much time with it.
@mothquake The issue isn't in how many clothes she was or wasn't wearing... Someone could be depicted naked in an entirely nonsexual manner, vs sexualized by where they are and...aren't clothed. The sexualization was what people had an issue with. I can't say I like her new design--but then her old design was similarly horrible. They don't seem to be capable of designing female characters well at all. All of the females have the exact same body shape (literally the same model with different clothing,) and look...the same. The male gods they've depicted show remarkable variety; they're more than capable of doing the same with the women!
They just...don't. It's disappointing, I suppose. It feels they use the goddesses for nothing more than eye candy, when the males are so unique in silhouette and design. I know they can do better. They've made a very fun game with good, solid art and design otherwise, so it's disappointing that the goddesses fall flat in comparison.

As for accuracy in design with their goddesses? not really. There's a lot of intentional sexualization...on every female character, even where it's wholly unnecessary. I'd certainly never complain about Aphrodite, for example. Artemis and Athena are perhaps the best designed but, there is still intentional sexualization with Athena (boob plates, WHY?)and it's not an attempt at accuracy in design.
Kali herself is depicted naked, but she is not sexualized in these works;
Neith, for example, was traditioanlly depicted in a long dress (typically red,) that cut below her breasts, and fell below her knees. I'm not sure how that translated to pasties and effective body paint for covering.

As for Kali's skills, there I'm much less impressed, but I understand some of the necessary balance tweaks... I can't comment on her kit so much as a whole, as her older kit was before I really started to play assassin's much, so I didn't get much time with it.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
@Ayeaka
There is a lot of sexualization, but there isn't too much to go with for the girls. There could be more diversity, but it would definitely cause an uproar with the users since most of the users are male, and there is no doubt they'd complain about the girls not being appealing to the eye.

I agree with that, but they also had to make sure Neith could also get around in comfortable clothes. It would be hard for her to get around in that dress she was drawn in. I don't get it either, but it still looks nice and still looks Egyptian. Oh well. Nothing is perfect in a game.
@Ayeaka
There is a lot of sexualization, but there isn't too much to go with for the girls. There could be more diversity, but it would definitely cause an uproar with the users since most of the users are male, and there is no doubt they'd complain about the girls not being appealing to the eye.

I agree with that, but they also had to make sure Neith could also get around in comfortable clothes. It would be hard for her to get around in that dress she was drawn in. I don't get it either, but it still looks nice and still looks Egyptian. Oh well. Nothing is perfect in a game.
1 2 3