Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Talents vs. Passions
1 2 3 4 5
Hi everyone! In this thread, I want to know...

1. What's one thing you really love, and are really good at?
2. What's one thing you really love, but aren't very good at?
3. What's one thing you don't like, but are good at?

...since I was thinking about my own personal 2 earlier. I figure it will be a fun discussion and a great way to get to know things about people you might not know otherwise.

1. I love science, and I find learning it to be very natural to me. When I read a scientific fact--particularly about biology or chemistry--I practically never forget it. >:3
2. I really love drawing! But I'm really not good at it at all. I have no natural talent and don't really have the drive to get good at it. My school notes are covered in drawings, though, and I frequently doodle or make little silly comics for fun.
3. This is a tough question, even for me. I guess I could say I'm good at hiking or would make a good hiker, because I have really strong legs. However, I'm really afraid of bugs, so I don't really like hiking! >.
Hi everyone! In this thread, I want to know...

1. What's one thing you really love, and are really good at?
2. What's one thing you really love, but aren't very good at?
3. What's one thing you don't like, but are good at?

...since I was thinking about my own personal 2 earlier. I figure it will be a fun discussion and a great way to get to know things about people you might not know otherwise.

1. I love science, and I find learning it to be very natural to me. When I read a scientific fact--particularly about biology or chemistry--I practically never forget it. >:3
2. I really love drawing! But I'm really not good at it at all. I have no natural talent and don't really have the drive to get good at it. My school notes are covered in drawings, though, and I frequently doodle or make little silly comics for fun.
3. This is a tough question, even for me. I guess I could say I'm good at hiking or would make a good hiker, because I have really strong legs. However, I'm really afraid of bugs, so I don't really like hiking! >.
1. I really love video games and I'm pretty good at some of them sometimes.
2. I really like sleep but I'm awful at it.
3. I hate working retail but I'm pretty decent at it. A lot of my regular customers know me by name and seem to really like me.
1. I really love video games and I'm pretty good at some of them sometimes.
2. I really like sleep but I'm awful at it.
3. I hate working retail but I'm pretty decent at it. A lot of my regular customers know me by name and seem to really like me.
y0r4chX.gif
Bi, shy, and ready to cry
Hi I'm Jordan let's talk about intersectional feminism
Message me if you want my tumblr
1. Drawing, I suppose? I really love it and I wouldn't say I'm really good, but people tell me I'm good so.
2. Soccer. I love playing, but I'm not very good due to medical reasons and can't really practice much for the same reasons.
3. Uh...I don't like doing heavy lifting and stuff (like moving furniture), but I'm physically strong so I'm usually the one people turn to. I guess that counts?
1. Drawing, I suppose? I really love it and I wouldn't say I'm really good, but people tell me I'm good so.
2. Soccer. I love playing, but I'm not very good due to medical reasons and can't really practice much for the same reasons.
3. Uh...I don't like doing heavy lifting and stuff (like moving furniture), but I'm physically strong so I'm usually the one people turn to. I guess that counts?
You are a rainbow-colored egg that can become anything.
1. Drawing. I don't think I'm all that great to be honest but everyone else seems to think otherwise. My relatives even tried to get me to go to a school focused in art. Needless to say, I refused.

2. Singing. I really, really love singing but I'm not good at it. I even took singing lessons for a year because of my passion for it but, being a soubrette soprano, my voice is really light and airy. I can't put enough weight into my voice no matter how hard I try and it upsets me.

3. ...Does cleaning count? No? Well okay. :I
1. Drawing. I don't think I'm all that great to be honest but everyone else seems to think otherwise. My relatives even tried to get me to go to a school focused in art. Needless to say, I refused.

2. Singing. I really, really love singing but I'm not good at it. I even took singing lessons for a year because of my passion for it but, being a soubrette soprano, my voice is really light and airy. I can't put enough weight into my voice no matter how hard I try and it upsets me.

3. ...Does cleaning count? No? Well okay. :I
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
1. Gaming. Don't have a particular niche, but I enjoy Kingdom of Loathing, and I'm doing pretty well there.
2. Literature in school. Not really sure if this counts, because I have mixed opinions of the syllabus quality, but I find the subject itself interesting :p
3. Getting into trouble ._.
1. Gaming. Don't have a particular niche, but I enjoy Kingdom of Loathing, and I'm doing pretty well there.
2. Literature in school. Not really sure if this counts, because I have mixed opinions of the syllabus quality, but I find the subject itself interesting :p
3. Getting into trouble ._.
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
@vegebul
You're bad at sleep...? D: Dang I'm sorry. That's super cute though that you've made friends with customers! :D

@EternalBlizzard
I hope you still get to play some soccer with friends. :3

@spookyDiNGO
Ooh, which instrument did you play? Low brass you said? I played trombone in high school. It sounds like you're a very artistically inclined person...which makes it especially cool that you're good at math. xD

@Safikei
I think cleaning counts.
Of course the super pink lady would be a soubrette. That sounds super sweet. Getting your voice to cooperate is a very difficult task. I took voice lessons for five years, and I love singing, but there were some sounds that just weren't coming out of my throat. .-.

@Lucatri
Haaha your number 3. I'm sorry. x3
You're lucky to be good at gaming. I love gaming, but I'm actually not very good at video games by nature. Stuff that requires intuition, hand-eye coordination, good aim...I just fail miserably :'D
@vegebul
You're bad at sleep...? D: Dang I'm sorry. That's super cute though that you've made friends with customers! :D

@EternalBlizzard
I hope you still get to play some soccer with friends. :3

@spookyDiNGO
Ooh, which instrument did you play? Low brass you said? I played trombone in high school. It sounds like you're a very artistically inclined person...which makes it especially cool that you're good at math. xD

@Safikei
I think cleaning counts.
Of course the super pink lady would be a soubrette. That sounds super sweet. Getting your voice to cooperate is a very difficult task. I took voice lessons for five years, and I love singing, but there were some sounds that just weren't coming out of my throat. .-.

@Lucatri
Haaha your number 3. I'm sorry. x3
You're lucky to be good at gaming. I love gaming, but I'm actually not very good at video games by nature. Stuff that requires intuition, hand-eye coordination, good aim...I just fail miserably :'D
@Tess
Yeah, it's really annoying when you want to reach a certain note or produce a certain sound but your voice just doesn't want to cooperate no matter what you do. D: It always left me feeling upset after lessons, ahaha.
@Tess
Yeah, it's really annoying when you want to reach a certain note or produce a certain sound but your voice just doesn't want to cooperate no matter what you do. D: It always left me feeling upset after lessons, ahaha.
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
1) Riding show horses. I'm good, and can handle pretty much any type of spook or misbehavior as long as the horse doesn't try to go up and over (do a back flip, basically)

2)I like to draw, but AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

the_misadventures_of_bat_peg_by_bedhead_studios-d7p0mf9.png

3)..... hmmmmm... I'm good at hair????? I hate doing it, but I know how to make it look good.
1) Riding show horses. I'm good, and can handle pretty much any type of spook or misbehavior as long as the horse doesn't try to go up and over (do a back flip, basically)

2)I like to draw, but AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

the_misadventures_of_bat_peg_by_bedhead_studios-d7p0mf9.png

3)..... hmmmmm... I'm good at hair????? I hate doing it, but I know how to make it look good.
1_by_arisoune-d8x1kx1.png2_by_arisoune-d8x1kwq.png3_by_arisoune-d8x1kwk.png4_by_arisoune-d8x1kw8.png
1. Baking!! I'm good as heck at baking. I can make everything from cupcakes to pastries to bread to pretzels to cookies. I've only failed a few times and I've been baking for y e a r s.
2. Graphic design and digital work! I don't know what it is, but so much of graphic design/anything made with a digital component escapes me. I'm trying to get better with Photoshop, but it's a slow process.
3. Painting. I'm actually a pretty talented painter. In my classes (I go to art school), I'm usually within the top like five painters in a class. However, I hate painting. It's stressful, time-consuming, challenging, and I'm almost never happy with the result. :-/
1. Baking!! I'm good as heck at baking. I can make everything from cupcakes to pastries to bread to pretzels to cookies. I've only failed a few times and I've been baking for y e a r s.
2. Graphic design and digital work! I don't know what it is, but so much of graphic design/anything made with a digital component escapes me. I'm trying to get better with Photoshop, but it's a slow process.
3. Painting. I'm actually a pretty talented painter. In my classes (I go to art school), I'm usually within the top like five painters in a class. However, I hate painting. It's stressful, time-consuming, challenging, and I'm almost never happy with the result. :-/
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro8_250.gif
@Safikei
I FEEEEELS it. And my teacher was great too, she would explain it to me perfectly, but it was like I didn't have the right control over muscles in my throat. It's so unlike anything else for me!

@spookyDiNGO
YES, you are awesome. We had one girl who played baritone in my high school band, and she was just the sweetest thing, so I think there must be some relation c; Haha well, at least you are aware of it and don't try to tutor math... :D

@QueenBedhead
Hey, that horse is pretty good! ...and uh...very....creative! ;3 Creative for sure.

@floridesque
A PASTRY CHEF? FEEEEEEED MEEEEEE
@Safikei
I FEEEEELS it. And my teacher was great too, she would explain it to me perfectly, but it was like I didn't have the right control over muscles in my throat. It's so unlike anything else for me!

@spookyDiNGO
YES, you are awesome. We had one girl who played baritone in my high school band, and she was just the sweetest thing, so I think there must be some relation c; Haha well, at least you are aware of it and don't try to tutor math... :D

@QueenBedhead
Hey, that horse is pretty good! ...and uh...very....creative! ;3 Creative for sure.

@floridesque
A PASTRY CHEF? FEEEEEEED MEEEEEE
1 2 3 4 5