Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Whovians!
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
@PaxRomana

Well...Some stuff you've said I don't think I can find easily here in Brazil...
...Principally DW DVDs...
The only option I have is try to find a way to watch online
@PaxRomana

Well...Some stuff you've said I don't think I can find easily here in Brazil...
...Principally DW DVDs...
The only option I have is try to find a way to watch online
TiSXpPl.png
Brazil is a little tricky, I would just recommend finding them on dailymotion and other technically illegal collections like my friend in Argentina had to do. BBC's official site ships DVDs, but I don't know how much shipping will cost. You can check here: http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/classic-dvds/icat/dwclassicdvds#
Brazil is a little tricky, I would just recommend finding them on dailymotion and other technically illegal collections like my friend in Argentina had to do. BBC's official site ships DVDs, but I don't know how much shipping will cost. You can check here: http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/classic-dvds/icat/dwclassicdvds#
ZVuAIlx.pngRz7ZJcJ.pngtumblr_inline_otq2a1NSHv1qzyloc_500.gifYohjRio.png
aY6JL11.gif
@Paxromana Sorry for the looooong reply... D: Oh God...This forum is...dead. It's need REGENERATE [img]https://33.media.tumblr.com/bca3a8bb2d457f624742eb1e6e54bb65/tumblr_mylq1xizjh1qep97yo9_r2_500.gif[/img]
@Paxromana

Sorry for the looooong reply... D:

Oh God...This forum is...dead.
It's need REGENERATE
tumblr_mylq1xizjh1qep97yo9_r2_500.gif
TiSXpPl.png
I am a Doctor Who fan.

Albeit I am not a fan of Steve Moffatt in the current head writer seat. I'll admit that he comes up with some cool ideas (Weeping Angels being one of them, certainly) but I've rather disliked his penchant for trying to get the Doctor into romantic relationships, the eye-rolling sitcom-esque situations, and Clara in general (pen-ultimate super companion my ***).

I am enjoying Capaldi as the Doctor. I love that he's rather like the 2nd Doctor, but is not really a good person.

My favorite Doctor is the 7th though. He was the Doctor I had when I was growing up, and I just adored him. Funny little man with a darker side and who was not to be underestimated or pushed too hard.

Favorite companion is definitely Donna Noble. There was no romance, she took no guff, and was a good grounding factor for the Doctor. She grew so much while travelling with the Doctor, and it truly broke my heart when they ended her story and just how they ended it.
I am a Doctor Who fan.

Albeit I am not a fan of Steve Moffatt in the current head writer seat. I'll admit that he comes up with some cool ideas (Weeping Angels being one of them, certainly) but I've rather disliked his penchant for trying to get the Doctor into romantic relationships, the eye-rolling sitcom-esque situations, and Clara in general (pen-ultimate super companion my ***).

I am enjoying Capaldi as the Doctor. I love that he's rather like the 2nd Doctor, but is not really a good person.

My favorite Doctor is the 7th though. He was the Doctor I had when I was growing up, and I just adored him. Funny little man with a darker side and who was not to be underestimated or pushed too hard.

Favorite companion is definitely Donna Noble. There was no romance, she took no guff, and was a good grounding factor for the Doctor. She grew so much while travelling with the Doctor, and it truly broke my heart when they ended her story and just how they ended it.
@SqueekOfTheNorth Hello there!! Welcome to this whovian forum! [img]https://33.media.tumblr.com/93cd139c8d2654a3e2bc720c528fcb35/tumblr_neydr0UFGY1qdr3s3o3_250.gif[/img] Capaldi is my favorite Doctor so far :) hehe Donna is an amazing companion too! *u* (My favorite companion is Rose)
@SqueekOfTheNorth

Hello there!!
Welcome to this whovian forum!
tumblr_neydr0UFGY1qdr3s3o3_250.gif
Capaldi is my favorite Doctor so far :)
hehe
Donna is an amazing companion too! *u*
(My favorite companion is Rose)
TiSXpPl.png
@SqueekOfTheNorth I'm with you on Steven Moffat. I feel like he's only good at writing monsters. Donna Noble is definitely high on my list of companions as well! [img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/f15346eb2c3507b1143331824bc69b04/tumblr_ncxubrZx1E1tkjnkho1_500.gif[/img] My first doctor was Nine, and he's definitely my favourite. They gave him an amazing mixture of terrifying and goofy. I'm currently watching all the available episodes of Classic Who - really wish there was more!
@SqueekOfTheNorth I'm with you on Steven Moffat. I feel like he's only good at writing monsters. Donna Noble is definitely high on my list of companions as well!

tumblr_ncxubrZx1E1tkjnkho1_500.gif

My first doctor was Nine, and he's definitely my favourite. They gave him an amazing mixture of terrifying and goofy. I'm currently watching all the available episodes of Classic Who - really wish there was more!
HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT
@Justonebean @SqueekOfTheNorth

I like Moffat's monsters. He works them well, however...I have to say...
My favorite monster is the Boneless... I liked the idea of another dimension and 2d creatures attacking!
it's just...Mind Blowing.
I know it's not Moffat's monster...But it's a great one.
xD

Nine was amazing!
I would love another season with him D:
His season was so...quick. D:
@Justonebean @SqueekOfTheNorth

I like Moffat's monsters. He works them well, however...I have to say...
My favorite monster is the Boneless... I liked the idea of another dimension and 2d creatures attacking!
it's just...Mind Blowing.
I know it's not Moffat's monster...But it's a great one.
xD

Nine was amazing!
I would love another season with him D:
His season was so...quick. D:
TiSXpPl.png
@FerAdami

Moffat's monsters aren't my favourite - I just think that's all he does well. My favourite monster is the copycat from "Midnight". I love how you never really find out what it was or if it's really gone for good. That episode terrified me.
@FerAdami

Moffat's monsters aren't my favourite - I just think that's all he does well. My favourite monster is the copycat from "Midnight". I love how you never really find out what it was or if it's really gone for good. That episode terrified me.
HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT
@justonebean

I didn't like that episode... D:
The monster idea was amazing, but I didn't like the episode role...
It's just my personal opinion xD
I never liked episodes which the characters are locked at somewhere for some reason.
@justonebean

I didn't like that episode... D:
The monster idea was amazing, but I didn't like the episode role...
It's just my personal opinion xD
I never liked episodes which the characters are locked at somewhere for some reason.
TiSXpPl.png
@FerAdami + @justonebean

I feel the same. That he does monsters well enough, but so far that's all I've liked from him. I do find also though, that if he deploys them too much, they loose some of their appeal. Like the Weeping Angels; they were fantastic and frightening, but the more he sought to explain about them, the less mysterious (obviously) and scary they became.

The 2D episode was really great! The idea was fantastic and the implementation was wonderful. I do hope they don't bring it back any time soon though, because as mentioned, I dislike seeing too many things played out to death (ie; cybermen and daleks, they're awesome, but... come on, you can only destroy them "for good" so many times already).
@FerAdami + @justonebean

I feel the same. That he does monsters well enough, but so far that's all I've liked from him. I do find also though, that if he deploys them too much, they loose some of their appeal. Like the Weeping Angels; they were fantastic and frightening, but the more he sought to explain about them, the less mysterious (obviously) and scary they became.

The 2D episode was really great! The idea was fantastic and the implementation was wonderful. I do hope they don't bring it back any time soon though, because as mentioned, I dislike seeing too many things played out to death (ie; cybermen and daleks, they're awesome, but... come on, you can only destroy them "for good" so many times already).
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52