Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Team Fortress 2
1 2
Anybody else play? I went back a few pages and didn't see a thread, so I thought I'd see if I could get one going about this fine dressup simulator. I've gotten back into it this semester and it's been kind of eating my life, haha. I mostly play medic, pyro, and scout, although I've been trying out soldier with varying degrees of success.

What about y'all? Favorite class? Favorite weapon? Favorite hat??? :P I'd be down for swapping steam handles and stuff, too, since it's always nice to have more people to play with.
Anybody else play? I went back a few pages and didn't see a thread, so I thought I'd see if I could get one going about this fine dressup simulator. I've gotten back into it this semester and it's been kind of eating my life, haha. I mostly play medic, pyro, and scout, although I've been trying out soldier with varying degrees of success.

What about y'all? Favorite class? Favorite weapon? Favorite hat??? :P I'd be down for swapping steam handles and stuff, too, since it's always nice to have more people to play with.
Oh yis, Team Fortress 2.

Bought it like, one year before it went Free-to-play. At least I got a glorious hat.

I mostly play Heavy, because, I'm better at being a dumb shooty guy than anything else. Also pretty good with the Sniper, and not too bad with the rest, except the Spy. I'm a very bad spy.
Oh yis, Team Fortress 2.

Bought it like, one year before it went Free-to-play. At least I got a glorious hat.

I mostly play Heavy, because, I'm better at being a dumb shooty guy than anything else. Also pretty good with the Sniper, and not too bad with the rest, except the Spy. I'm a very bad spy.
I need Twenty Good Men(tm)
Bleh, I used to play it really seriously, all that eSports stuff. I played Scout in 6vs6 Leagues and Competitions and stuff. Honestly though I quickly stopped enjoying it when it became a job, cutting into my school work. For me it's all about the Stock: Scattergun, Pistol, Bat and Buds. My Steam if you're interested.
Bleh, I used to play it really seriously, all that eSports stuff. I played Scout in 6vs6 Leagues and Competitions and stuff. Honestly though I quickly stopped enjoying it when it became a job, cutting into my school work. For me it's all about the Stock: Scattergun, Pistol, Bat and Buds. My Steam if you're interested.
I used to be a highlander spy! I'm good at most of the classes... though demo is actually my weakest.

I haven't played in a while, though.
I used to be a highlander spy! I'm good at most of the classes... though demo is actually my weakest.

I haven't played in a while, though.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Responses, cool! :D My steam profile's over here if any of you want another steam friend. Sent you a request, FunkyFlump.

@CarolusRex

Heavy's good times! I feel you on spy, though. I have fun when I try it out, but it's fun punctuated by a whole lot of dying. In my experience, it's definitely a class with a high skill curve, although map knowledge helps ridiculous amounts.

@FunkyFlump

That's pretty dang cool! I definitely understand burning out, though- it's so easy for fun recreational stuff to go that way when it gets serious. I decided against looking into comp play for basically that reason. I'd rather keep TF2 a funsies only thing (and I'm not that good at the game anyhow, lol).

Bat over fish, though? Pfft. :P

@Ayeaka

Awesome! I'm jealous of your spy abilities, haha. I'm not much at demoman either, though. It's never really clicked for me personally, although I do like lobbing grenades at people once in a while.
Responses, cool! :D My steam profile's over here if any of you want another steam friend. Sent you a request, FunkyFlump.

@CarolusRex

Heavy's good times! I feel you on spy, though. I have fun when I try it out, but it's fun punctuated by a whole lot of dying. In my experience, it's definitely a class with a high skill curve, although map knowledge helps ridiculous amounts.

@FunkyFlump

That's pretty dang cool! I definitely understand burning out, though- it's so easy for fun recreational stuff to go that way when it gets serious. I decided against looking into comp play for basically that reason. I'd rather keep TF2 a funsies only thing (and I'm not that good at the game anyhow, lol).

Bat over fish, though? Pfft. :P

@Ayeaka

Awesome! I'm jealous of your spy abilities, haha. I'm not much at demoman either, though. It's never really clicked for me personally, although I do like lobbing grenades at people once in a while.
I used to play a whole bunch. Not in any serious capacity, but pretty often. My favorite class was Soldier and my favorite map to play was either control points or king of the hill.
I used to play a whole bunch. Not in any serious capacity, but pretty often. My favorite class was Soldier and my favorite map to play was either control points or king of the hill.
THE ILLNESS WILL BRING YOU PEACE.
SERENITY IS BORN FROM CERTAINTY AND YOUR SUFFERING IS CERTAIN.
Yesssss TF2. I haven't had a chance to actually play the game in ages, but I'm a mod on a rad TF2 roleplay forum. When I do play I usually play Soldier because I like having a decent amount of health and shooting explosives at people. I'm really bad at it but I enjoy myself immensely (my handle used to be "an incompetent Soldier" before I switched it to my main character on my forum, since I mostly play with my RP buddies).

My favourite character in the comics/game canon is Demoman, and my favourite class to invent OCs for is Spy. I'm a RED b*stard for life.
Yesssss TF2. I haven't had a chance to actually play the game in ages, but I'm a mod on a rad TF2 roleplay forum. When I do play I usually play Soldier because I like having a decent amount of health and shooting explosives at people. I'm really bad at it but I enjoy myself immensely (my handle used to be "an incompetent Soldier" before I switched it to my main character on my forum, since I mostly play with my RP buddies).

My favourite character in the comics/game canon is Demoman, and my favourite class to invent OCs for is Spy. I'm a RED b*stard for life.
x3COsx9.png
I don't play very often because I suck at shooting games and I'm really shy about going on servers, but I have played Scout, Pyro and Demoman in the past. :D

Anyone like the comics?
I don't play very often because I suck at shooting games and I'm really shy about going on servers, but I have played Scout, Pyro and Demoman in the past. :D

Anyone like the comics?
Yeah, I play.

I main Engie and Medic, most of the time. I've played semi-competitively (a friend of mine was organizing out of a community group, just for giggles) as a Scout and a Soldier. I tend to go Soldier if things get rough. Guess I did alright. They seemed to like me.

My favourite hats are my brown Texas Ten Gallon and white Vintage Tyrolean. :D

For the last... eh, a while now, I've been playing on Saxton Hale mod servers. Isn't surprising. More fun to just bounce around as a Solly than play with any sort of 'gotta cap the point'.

My Steam ID is on my clan page. :)
Yeah, I play.

I main Engie and Medic, most of the time. I've played semi-competitively (a friend of mine was organizing out of a community group, just for giggles) as a Scout and a Soldier. I tend to go Soldier if things get rough. Guess I did alright. They seemed to like me.

My favourite hats are my brown Texas Ten Gallon and white Vintage Tyrolean. :D

For the last... eh, a while now, I've been playing on Saxton Hale mod servers. Isn't surprising. More fun to just bounce around as a Solly than play with any sort of 'gotta cap the point'.

My Steam ID is on my clan page. :)
@Nekron

I love CP! I've been super into payload lately so I haven't played it at all in a while, but that was the gamemode I mostly learned to play on so I've got a lot of fondness for it. Then I figured out how to rocket jump and discovered that mid on 5gorge has terrible ceiling walls. 8| Ruining my dreams, Valve.

@Tchy

That's pretty cool! High five for Demoman as favorite canon character. Shame about your taste in teams, though. BLU team best team. :P

@rubyrouge

If you don't mind some advice, don't worry about either of those! You only get better by practicing, and in my experience most people on Valve servers and such just don't really care about players' skill levels. Plus if you get too frustrated you can just play a silly gimmick for a while. :)

I love the comics! They're so much fun to read, I can't wait for the next one.

@RedfeatherOutlaw

Sent you an add! I like your steam name. :)

Ooh, Vintage Tyrolean! Nice. :D My medic just gets fancy hair because it goes well with my Medical Mystery, and because for SOME reason I'm not allowed to wear Medimedes year round. >:(

I feel you re: bouncing around as solly. I always die on pubs because I go rocket jumping around and then get stuck with no ammo reloaded. I've never tried Saxton Hale mode, though! It seems like a lot of fun. I've been messing around a little on randomizer servers but that's the extent of my TF2 mod experience.
@Nekron

I love CP! I've been super into payload lately so I haven't played it at all in a while, but that was the gamemode I mostly learned to play on so I've got a lot of fondness for it. Then I figured out how to rocket jump and discovered that mid on 5gorge has terrible ceiling walls. 8| Ruining my dreams, Valve.

@Tchy

That's pretty cool! High five for Demoman as favorite canon character. Shame about your taste in teams, though. BLU team best team. :P

@rubyrouge

If you don't mind some advice, don't worry about either of those! You only get better by practicing, and in my experience most people on Valve servers and such just don't really care about players' skill levels. Plus if you get too frustrated you can just play a silly gimmick for a while. :)

I love the comics! They're so much fun to read, I can't wait for the next one.

@RedfeatherOutlaw

Sent you an add! I like your steam name. :)

Ooh, Vintage Tyrolean! Nice. :D My medic just gets fancy hair because it goes well with my Medical Mystery, and because for SOME reason I'm not allowed to wear Medimedes year round. >:(

I feel you re: bouncing around as solly. I always die on pubs because I go rocket jumping around and then get stuck with no ammo reloaded. I've never tried Saxton Hale mode, though! It seems like a lot of fun. I've been messing around a little on randomizer servers but that's the extent of my TF2 mod experience.
1 2