Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Erm...Pro-E anyone?
I hope this doesn't go against ToS or anything....last I check there's not really anything regarding this... Well so I have a big problem right now.... For any Pro-Engineer/CAD user, (Pro-E: Computer Modelling program to make.... engineering mechanical stuff :p) how do you make the groove/cut on the phillips screwdriver head? [img]http://www.toolup.com/images/Product/large/Irwin-92011.jpg[/img] I've only recently learn the basic up to the point of assembly and trajectory.... and I'm really out of ideas.... I've tried putting points on the edge to create planes, cut half of the whole thing, create extrude from an angle... but then the cut is a curve cut... So, anyone?
I hope this doesn't go against ToS or anything....last I check there's not really anything regarding this...

Well so I have a big problem right now....

For any Pro-Engineer/CAD user,
(Pro-E: Computer Modelling program to make.... engineering mechanical stuff :p)

how do you make the groove/cut on the phillips screwdriver head?
Irwin-92011.jpg

I've only recently learn the basic up to the point of assembly and trajectory.... and I'm really out of ideas....

I've tried putting points on the edge to create planes, cut half of the whole thing, create extrude from an angle...

but then the cut is a curve cut...

So, anyone?
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
wedge shaped cirular saw.
wedge shaped cirular saw.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
@Zrcalo

I've not learn about anything like wedge or saw just yet, so I'm not sure how to approach about what you are saying.

Is like there's only square shape lego block and I'm trying to make a boat...huh?
@Zrcalo

I've not learn about anything like wedge or saw just yet, so I'm not sure how to approach about what you are saying.

Is like there's only square shape lego block and I'm trying to make a boat...huh?
kZatdD2.png
I have no idea what you're talking about.. but just by looking at that phillips head, the angles are made by using four wedge shaped cirular saws. The item comes in at an angle and is straightened out in the middle. okay so lets think dremel bits.. [img]http://toolguyd.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/MLCS-Mini-Router-Bits.jpg[/img] it would be the first one, only the shape would be more like the banner in your signature. then again, I'm not actually SURE what you want? you ask how to make the cut on the side of the philips head... which cut are you specifying? and in what way? because I'm a woodshop person, so I have no idea what cad is.
I have no idea what you're talking about..

but just by looking at that phillips head, the angles are made by using four wedge shaped cirular saws. The item comes in at an angle and is straightened out in the middle.

okay so lets think dremel bits..

MLCS-Mini-Router-Bits.jpg

it would be the first one, only the shape would be more like the banner in your signature.

then again, I'm not actually SURE what you want?
you ask how to make the cut on the side of the philips head... which cut are you specifying? and in what way? because I'm a woodshop person, so I have no idea what cad is.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
@Zrcalo

the picture's broken ;u;

And yeah, I see that it is a ... bullet shape? The thing is I don't have a proper datum plane that I can pick out and do a extrude cut from...

would you happen to have any suggestion?

ahhhh opps, Pro-E is well, a computer modelling program basically

though lol, is like we are talking about completely different thing yet really we are on the same thing :p

also, I think woodwork is awesome! I'd really want to give it a try one day.
@Zrcalo

the picture's broken ;u;

And yeah, I see that it is a ... bullet shape? The thing is I don't have a proper datum plane that I can pick out and do a extrude cut from...

would you happen to have any suggestion?

ahhhh opps, Pro-E is well, a computer modelling program basically

though lol, is like we are talking about completely different thing yet really we are on the same thing :p

also, I think woodwork is awesome! I'd really want to give it a try one day.
kZatdD2.png
I use Catia and I know the programs are different, but if it helps any...

can you make a cutting path? Like make two planes, one to draw your wedge, and another to draw a path for it to follow? That's the only way I know how, you'd select your wedge and set it to pocket your material, along the reference path?

@oneirodrakon
I use Catia and I know the programs are different, but if it helps any...

can you make a cutting path? Like make two planes, one to draw your wedge, and another to draw a path for it to follow? That's the only way I know how, you'd select your wedge and set it to pocket your material, along the reference path?

@oneirodrakon
pVYFJJf.gif
@kaorihoshi

I'm making the phillip head from scratch, so... i don't really know where exactly to put the two plane, that I have to measure from the reference. but then the two plane... well, path, is not ..linear? Is actually curved lines, that's why I'm having problem

though, the idea sounds worth a try :)

hopefully I can make this happen X(
@kaorihoshi

I'm making the phillip head from scratch, so... i don't really know where exactly to put the two plane, that I have to measure from the reference. but then the two plane... well, path, is not ..linear? Is actually curved lines, that's why I'm having problem

though, the idea sounds worth a try :)

hopefully I can make this happen X(
kZatdD2.png
Well I think you can make the plane for the wedge shape offset from origin on the z axis the distance from origin to where the head begins? The path you should be able to just draw on the y axis, at least, that's how ours works. I know the programs are similar but not exactly the same... I hope you can figure it out!!!!
Well I think you can make the plane for the wedge shape offset from origin on the z axis the distance from origin to where the head begins? The path you should be able to just draw on the y axis, at least, that's how ours works. I know the programs are similar but not exactly the same... I hope you can figure it out!!!!
pVYFJJf.gif
ah yes, came across this issue myself not too long ago. never found a solid answer, i will however ask one of the other engineers on tuesday. if i remember correctly i cut it out THEN cut the head to the right tapered shape.
ah yes, came across this issue myself not too long ago. never found a solid answer, i will however ask one of the other engineers on tuesday. if i remember correctly i cut it out THEN cut the head to the right tapered shape.
gBiG1sU.png Preview Accents On Scrys!
List of new colors and HTML Values
Click the art to go to the artists!
Need help with Coding? Just Ask!
I'm Friendly, but blunt on occasion.
Need Help Melting Mats? Ask Here!
jdf0AYP.png