Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Good place to buy looseleaf tea?
1 2
Does anybody have a favorite place to buy looseleaf tea? Either online or at a chain store, since I'd prefer not to give out my exact location. I got a looseleaf steeper for Christmas, and haven't had the chance to use it because I haven't been able to find any nice teas! I'm contemplating ordering some from stash tea online, but I'm not sure what a fair price would be. I have plenty of black tea, but I'd appreciate any place that has a lot of herbal teas.
Does anybody have a favorite place to buy looseleaf tea? Either online or at a chain store, since I'd prefer not to give out my exact location. I got a looseleaf steeper for Christmas, and haven't had the chance to use it because I haven't been able to find any nice teas! I'm contemplating ordering some from stash tea online, but I'm not sure what a fair price would be. I have plenty of black tea, but I'd appreciate any place that has a lot of herbal teas.
In Canada we have a place called "David's Tea" where they sell a looot of loose tea. There's also a Tea Room near my work that I used to work at but obviously that doesn't help you :P

Edit: As for prices, if you're paying more than $15 for 150g it's way too expensive. I normally won't pay over $10 for 150g.
In Canada we have a place called "David's Tea" where they sell a looot of loose tea. There's also a Tea Room near my work that I used to work at but obviously that doesn't help you :P

Edit: As for prices, if you're paying more than $15 for 150g it's way too expensive. I normally won't pay over $10 for 150g.
http://www.wellcat.com/Herbal%20Tea%20Blends.htm
^^^

I get tea from the woman who runs this every summer at the local Renaissance Faire here. C: It's amazing. I've never ordered online from her yet, but the stuff she sells is amazing.

http://www.beefolks.com/
^^^

And if you want some honey to go with it, definitely check out this. I get their honey every summer too. ^^
http://www.wellcat.com/Herbal%20Tea%20Blends.htm
^^^

I get tea from the woman who runs this every summer at the local Renaissance Faire here. C: It's amazing. I've never ordered online from her yet, but the stuff she sells is amazing.

http://www.beefolks.com/
^^^

And if you want some honey to go with it, definitely check out this. I get their honey every summer too. ^^
@tiana Ahh, okay, thanks! I'm in the USA, so Canada doesn't help too much, but there are some that run over the borders and such.

@Lyonesse Ahh, okay, thanks so much! I might get some honey as well, that would be delicious, though I usually just use cane sugar in mine.
@tiana Ahh, okay, thanks! I'm in the USA, so Canada doesn't help too much, but there are some that run over the borders and such.

@Lyonesse Ahh, okay, thanks so much! I might get some honey as well, that would be delicious, though I usually just use cane sugar in mine.
Glad I could help!
Glad I could help!
My friend from USA gets me tea in TEAVANA http://www.teavana.com/
I've never really complained. They have really nice Pu-Erh. I also recomment finding their store instead of buying online as you can usually taste some new teas they offer.
Last summer it was a really nice fruity cold tea.
My friend from USA gets me tea in TEAVANA http://www.teavana.com/
I've never really complained. They have really nice Pu-Erh. I also recomment finding their store instead of buying online as you can usually taste some new teas they offer.
Last summer it was a really nice fruity cold tea.
maironbat100.png SPIRAL-septica.gif tumblr_o2njdv_YVOg1umbrmyo1_400.png 41_Septica-90.png
@Septica Ahh, okay! I've heard of Teavana, but I've never been there myself. I'll have to see if there's one in my area! Thank you.
@Septica Ahh, okay! I've heard of Teavana, but I've never been there myself. I'll have to see if there's one in my area! Thank you.
@Ursahyperdrive
No problem. If I were you I'd surely try their teas (if they have a place close to where you live).
Wish I could give you the names of teaplaces in my country, but you wouldn't be able to order from them... Shame. I have my all-time favourites there ;__;
Start with teas that you've already tried in bags. If you drink black, start with black. Prefer simple teas - go with simple teas. You will get to tell the difference in taste faster. Hopefully to better :D

*has a whole cuppboard full of TEA, owns iron kettle, mate gourd and several tea mugs + asian-alike tea cups*
*TEAHOLIC SEPTI*
@Ursahyperdrive
No problem. If I were you I'd surely try their teas (if they have a place close to where you live).
Wish I could give you the names of teaplaces in my country, but you wouldn't be able to order from them... Shame. I have my all-time favourites there ;__;
Start with teas that you've already tried in bags. If you drink black, start with black. Prefer simple teas - go with simple teas. You will get to tell the difference in taste faster. Hopefully to better :D

*has a whole cuppboard full of TEA, owns iron kettle, mate gourd and several tea mugs + asian-alike tea cups*
*TEAHOLIC SEPTI*
maironbat100.png SPIRAL-septica.gif tumblr_o2njdv_YVOg1umbrmyo1_400.png 41_Septica-90.png
@Septica I just checked! They have a place fairly close, so I'll probably bus out one weekend.
Ahh, I know! Coffee is so predominant here that it's hard to find nice quality tea, but I will survive. Yeah, I'll do that! I've drank a little looseleaf, but because I just moved out of home this year, it was pretty much all my mom's. I'm looking forward to getting some vanilla black tea, so that I won't feel the need to dilute the flavor with milk and sugar, haha.

Omg, I'm jealous. I have a bit of tea, but because I'm in a tiny dorm room I don't have a lot of room for more. And my roommate and I share our electric kettle that plugs into the wall. It's pretty funny, she's a coffee addict, and I'm a bit of a tea addict.
@Septica I just checked! They have a place fairly close, so I'll probably bus out one weekend.
Ahh, I know! Coffee is so predominant here that it's hard to find nice quality tea, but I will survive. Yeah, I'll do that! I've drank a little looseleaf, but because I just moved out of home this year, it was pretty much all my mom's. I'm looking forward to getting some vanilla black tea, so that I won't feel the need to dilute the flavor with milk and sugar, haha.

Omg, I'm jealous. I have a bit of tea, but because I'm in a tiny dorm room I don't have a lot of room for more. And my roommate and I share our electric kettle that plugs into the wall. It's pretty funny, she's a coffee addict, and I'm a bit of a tea addict.
Adagio.com is a really nice one that I am currently getting loose leaf from
Adagio.com is a really nice one that I am currently getting loose leaf from
I don't know what to say
1 2