Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Skyrim name translator and dictionary!
1 2
I found a thing while surfing the web! I've never played skyrim before in my life, but this Dovahzul translator from skyrim is too cool to not share on a petsite for dragons :D It's awesome if you're having a hard time finding a name for your dragon, and you want something that feels distinctly 'dragonish'.

You can even translate your own RL name!

Mine is Gosvernofanahtmiil if you can figure it out :3

Thuum.org Main

Section I: Grammar How to read and speak Dovahzul

Section II: In Practice How to translate and Dragon naming
I found a thing while surfing the web! I've never played skyrim before in my life, but this Dovahzul translator from skyrim is too cool to not share on a petsite for dragons :D It's awesome if you're having a hard time finding a name for your dragon, and you want something that feels distinctly 'dragonish'.

You can even translate your own RL name!

Mine is Gosvernofanahtmiil if you can figure it out :3

Thuum.org Main

Section I: Grammar How to read and speak Dovahzul

Section II: In Practice How to translate and Dragon naming
ybwf4f9.gif
I am all about Skyrim. My Clan draws heavy inspiration from Tamriel locations and whatnot :D Thanks for sharing this!
I am all about Skyrim. My Clan draws heavy inspiration from Tamriel locations and whatnot :D Thanks for sharing this!
1kz7OWt.png
I love this game so much. I didn't leave my house for months when I first got it.

(and i mean that literally. i was pregnant with my son. i stayed home all day playing it lmao)
I love this game so much. I didn't leave my house for months when I first got it.

(and i mean that literally. i was pregnant with my son. i stayed home all day playing it lmao)
My name sounds so stupid. It's Vul. Not Vul-anything else. Just Vul. I sound like either an alien overlord or a caveperson.

It could technically also be Vulmiil, Vuljor, Vulreg, or Vuljul, but none of these sound any better and kind of are less accurate translations.

So yeah. Friggin' Vul.
My name sounds so stupid. It's Vul. Not Vul-anything else. Just Vul. I sound like either an alien overlord or a caveperson.

It could technically also be Vulmiil, Vuljor, Vulreg, or Vuljul, but none of these sound any better and kind of are less accurate translations.

So yeah. Friggin' Vul.
Click my pixel babies?

(I should acquire more pixel babies.)
Hmm... my name stays the same in both languages!
Hmm... my name stays the same in both languages!
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
I guess the closest to my birthname would be either plain ol' Dun or, somewhat abstractly, Dunmirlok.

If I had to re-name myself based on past accomplishments, I might go with Shaandovzii?

Not very exciting names. XD
I guess the closest to my birthname would be either plain ol' Dun or, somewhat abstractly, Dunmirlok.

If I had to re-name myself based on past accomplishments, I might go with Shaandovzii?

Not very exciting names. XD
ctFAI4k.gif
Love me some Skyrim. And ESO comes out soooo soon! :D
Love me some Skyrim. And ESO comes out soooo soon! :D
I never knew the meaning of my name, looking it up it is both English and Greek, but the English version is a convoluted variant of many other name variants...so going with the Greek one, it means rational or logical, which suits me very well. And the Dovah word for logic is Gahziin. (But I can't figure out how to make a shout-name of it)

Very interesting, I love Skyrim dragons and will definitely have to use this, thanks for sharing!
I never knew the meaning of my name, looking it up it is both English and Greek, but the English version is a convoluted variant of many other name variants...so going with the Greek one, it means rational or logical, which suits me very well. And the Dovah word for logic is Gahziin. (But I can't figure out how to make a shout-name of it)

Very interesting, I love Skyrim dragons and will definitely have to use this, thanks for sharing!
enhCzub.gif
@JackalSmiler

Thank you for sharing this! Skyrim is one of the best games ever made.

I've moved this to General Discussion, because it is not really about Flight Rising.
@JackalSmiler

Thank you for sharing this! Skyrim is one of the best games ever made.

I've moved this to General Discussion, because it is not really about Flight Rising.
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
So neat! Thanks for this!

Combining two different meanings of my name and keeping the three word phrasing in mind, I have come up with

Girdolein. Gear-doh-line. Not sure how I feel about it, but hey, its my name.

*saves links to bookmarks for future dragon babies*
So neat! Thanks for this!

Combining two different meanings of my name and keeping the three word phrasing in mind, I have come up with

Girdolein. Gear-doh-line. Not sure how I feel about it, but hey, its my name.

*saves links to bookmarks for future dragon babies*
hqJ7HMJ.jpg
1 2