Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Breeding Rarity Findings!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19
Wow, this is really great and the amount of thought you've put into your methodology is amazing.

I'm really surprised - and not really in a good way - by how freakishly rare Circuit is, even compared to Gembond, which I had been under the assumption was somewhat similar. Circuit is basically 1 in a 100 if you breed it with anything but itself, which seems... kind of a shame, seeing as it takes the fun out of pairing dragons with different gene combinations together and seeing what babies they produce. I feel like a less strictly imposed rarity level for Iridescent, Shimmer, Gembond and Circuit (closer to Seraph's 25% rather than 10% or 1%) would make things more fun and interesting, but I don't suppose there's any way to implement that now without huge amounts of outrage from the people who've invested in those genes.
Wow, this is really great and the amount of thought you've put into your methodology is amazing.

I'm really surprised - and not really in a good way - by how freakishly rare Circuit is, even compared to Gembond, which I had been under the assumption was somewhat similar. Circuit is basically 1 in a 100 if you breed it with anything but itself, which seems... kind of a shame, seeing as it takes the fun out of pairing dragons with different gene combinations together and seeing what babies they produce. I feel like a less strictly imposed rarity level for Iridescent, Shimmer, Gembond and Circuit (closer to Seraph's 25% rather than 10% or 1%) would make things more fun and interesting, but I don't suppose there's any way to implement that now without huge amounts of outrage from the people who've invested in those genes.
akSqI.gif DXtYy.gif lDUIA.gif sNACO.gif
@Kaytara
Glad you find it helpful! Myra and the rest of Lightning were instrumental in bringing it all together for folk~

Yeah, it's good data to know when choosing pairs certainly; but there is something to be said for emergent gameplay opportunities. The rarity of gem genes has kept dragons with those genes selling higher for longer, and developed breeding communities like the Grid initiative to bring people together for the guaranteed inheritance. So there's a give and take to it, completely at odds with my wish for circuit on everything. XD
@Kaytara
Glad you find it helpful! Myra and the rest of Lightning were instrumental in bringing it all together for folk~

Yeah, it's good data to know when choosing pairs certainly; but there is something to be said for emergent gameplay opportunities. The rarity of gem genes has kept dragons with those genes selling higher for longer, and developed breeding communities like the Grid initiative to bring people together for the guaranteed inheritance. So there's a give and take to it, completely at odds with my wish for circuit on everything. XD
signatureletsmakesomesc.png
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
@jessdwarf

Do you have a feel for how "off" (or not!) the crackle numbers are? Not sure how many points you've been able to gather.
@jessdwarf

Do you have a feel for how "off" (or not!) the crackle numbers are? Not sure how many points you've been able to gather.
@Arimaya
The total numbers are there on the front page, so Basic vs Crackle: 244/56 - 19% Crackle means we've gotten 56 crackle out of 300 attempts. I'd estimate around this level of data we might be as much as 10% off one side or the other, but somewhere in the range of 5% is more likely. So it's in the ballpark, but not exact by any means.
Hope that helps! ^_^
@Arimaya
The total numbers are there on the front page, so Basic vs Crackle: 244/56 - 19% Crackle means we've gotten 56 crackle out of 300 attempts. I'd estimate around this level of data we might be as much as 10% off one side or the other, but somewhere in the range of 5% is more likely. So it's in the ballpark, but not exact by any means.
Hope that helps! ^_^
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
Date of Experiment: 20th December, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Imperial Vs. Pearlcatcher (Limited Vs. Common)
Results: Imperial 23, Pearlcatcher 210
Date of Experiment: 20th December, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Imperial Vs. Pearlcatcher (Limited Vs. Common)
Results: Imperial 23, Pearlcatcher 210
akSqI.gif DXtYy.gif lDUIA.gif sNACO.gif
Date of Experiment: December 21, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Tiger vs Iridescent
Results: Tiger 90, Iridescent 10

Point of Difference Compared: Seraph vs Shimmer
Results: Seraph 87, Shimmer 13
Point of Difference Compared: Tiger vs Iridescent
Results: Tiger 90, Iridescent 10

Point of Difference Compared: Seraph vs Shimmer
Results: Seraph 87, Shimmer 13
Welp, here we go, some more data~

Date of Experiment: 23rd December, 2013

Experiment- Primary Gene
Iridescent VS Tiger

Results:
  • Iridescent: 12
  • Tiger: 88
Welp, here we go, some more data~

Date of Experiment: 23rd December, 2013

Experiment- Primary Gene
Iridescent VS Tiger

Results:
  • Iridescent: 12
  • Tiger: 88
kbqBOtG.png
More crackle data

Date of Experiment: Dec 24, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Circuit
Results: Crackle 96, Circuit 4

Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Gembond
Results: Crackle 88, Gembond 12

Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Underbelly
Results: Crackle 17, Underbelly 83
More crackle data

Date of Experiment: Dec 24, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Circuit
Results: Crackle 96, Circuit 4

Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Gembond
Results: Crackle 88, Gembond 12

Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Underbelly
Results: Crackle 17, Underbelly 83
hYalIsL.png
@JessDwarf

I actually remembered to get some data from my Crackle baby that's RTB.

Date of Experiment: Dec. 25, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Basic vs. Crackle
Results: Basic 122 times, Crackle 18 times

Point of Difference Compared: Circuit vs. Crackle
Results: Circuit 8 times, Crackle 196 times

So I just realized that I only have 1 gembond baby and by the time she's RTB my two crackles will have gone to the nest... and that I have absolutely no underbelly. Whoops.
@JessDwarf

I actually remembered to get some data from my Crackle baby that's RTB.

Date of Experiment: Dec. 25, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Basic vs. Crackle
Results: Basic 122 times, Crackle 18 times

Point of Difference Compared: Circuit vs. Crackle
Results: Circuit 8 times, Crackle 196 times

So I just realized that I only have 1 gembond baby and by the time she's RTB my two crackles will have gone to the nest... and that I have absolutely no underbelly. Whoops.
Ack! The site unsubscribed me from the thread, so apologies for the delay in updating! I'll post again once the numbers are up!

Edit: Everything but the crackle's up! I'll get to those two experiments in a bit! ^_^
Ack! The site unsubscribed me from the thread, so apologies for the delay in updating! I'll post again once the numbers are up!

Edit: Everything but the crackle's up! I'll get to those two experiments in a bit! ^_^
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19