Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Breeding Rarity Findings!
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19
@Jamethyst
Awesome stuff! I'll get it updated in a bit~
@Jamethyst
Awesome stuff! I'll get it updated in a bit~
signatureletsmakesomesc.png
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
@Jamethyst
Just double-checking, I believe your Basic vs Gembond numbers are flipped and have entered them as 96 Basic, 4 Gembond. Do let me know if that's in error. ^_^

Front numbers are updated!
@Jamethyst
Just double-checking, I believe your Basic vs Gembond numbers are flipped and have entered them as 96 Basic, 4 Gembond. Do let me know if that's in error. ^_^

Front numbers are updated!
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
@JessDwarf

Oh, woops. Could you tell I was tired when I uploaded that? Haha, yes that's definitely an error on my behalf, so sorry about that! :''D
@JessDwarf

Oh, woops. Could you tell I was tired when I uploaded that? Haha, yes that's definitely an error on my behalf, so sorry about that! :''D
kbqBOtG.png
@Jamethyst
No problem! ^_^ There's a reason I only update this at certain times in the day - working with numbers when distracted or tired is asking for trouble, so I totally understand. XD
@Jamethyst
No problem! ^_^ There's a reason I only update this at certain times in the day - working with numbers when distracted or tired is asking for trouble, so I totally understand. XD
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
@JessDwarf

Thank you, and I'll make sure to double-check my numbers more carefully in the future!

Going to just edit the numbers the right way around in my post now... XD
@JessDwarf

Thank you, and I'll make sure to double-check my numbers more carefully in the future!

Going to just edit the numbers the right way around in my post now... XD
kbqBOtG.png
@TheAtomicBon @Nayafen
Your numbers from the Lightning thread have been added here! ^_^

For testing Underbelly, it is recommended to be using a particularly bright tertiary colour (and one other experimenter had luck with Tundras as their beard colour would indicate the presence of the gene or not). I can't enter approximate values without damaging the usefulness of the data we've gathered, so when testing subtle genes it is encouraged to find indisputable ways of determining its presence to ensure good results.

Has anyone else noticed good tell-tales for Underbelly based on species colouration patterns? Or can give a more detailed explanation of what to look for with Tundras? I'm only recalling something second-hand, as I don't own any Underbelly pairs myself.
@TheAtomicBon @Nayafen
Your numbers from the Lightning thread have been added here! ^_^

For testing Underbelly, it is recommended to be using a particularly bright tertiary colour (and one other experimenter had luck with Tundras as their beard colour would indicate the presence of the gene or not). I can't enter approximate values without damaging the usefulness of the data we've gathered, so when testing subtle genes it is encouraged to find indisputable ways of determining its presence to ensure good results.

Has anyone else noticed good tell-tales for Underbelly based on species colouration patterns? Or can give a more detailed explanation of what to look for with Tundras? I'm only recalling something second-hand, as I don't own any Underbelly pairs myself.
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
@JessDwarf

Well, I completely forgot to get some data from my WCs, I blame Dom and things being hectic lol.

I do have a crackled WC that's RTB significantly before her mate, so I can definitely get some points from her.
@JessDwarf

Well, I completely forgot to get some data from my WCs, I blame Dom and things being hectic lol.

I do have a crackled WC that's RTB significantly before her mate, so I can definitely get some points from her.
@IrisAya
Sweet!
And yeah, me too. XD Another few weeks and they'll be up again though, so soon-ish.
@IrisAya
Sweet!
And yeah, me too. XD Another few weeks and they'll be up again though, so soon-ish.
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
@JessDwarf
My crackle finally came off cooldown so I have more data for you! Since his intended isn't ready to breed for a few more days I may run these again (just not tonight lol)

Date of Experiment: Dec 14, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Underbelly
Results: Crackle 26, Underbelly 74

Point of Difference Compared: Plentiful (guardian) vs. Rare (wildclaw)
Results: Plentiful 99, Wildclaw 1

Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Basic
Results: Crackle 16, Basic 84

Point of Difference Compared: Plentiful (guardian) vs Common (Snapper)
Results: Plentiful 76, Common 24
@JessDwarf
My crackle finally came off cooldown so I have more data for you! Since his intended isn't ready to breed for a few more days I may run these again (just not tonight lol)

Date of Experiment: Dec 14, 2013
Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Underbelly
Results: Crackle 26, Underbelly 74

Point of Difference Compared: Plentiful (guardian) vs. Rare (wildclaw)
Results: Plentiful 99, Wildclaw 1

Point of Difference Compared: Crackle Vs Basic
Results: Crackle 16, Basic 84

Point of Difference Compared: Plentiful (guardian) vs Common (Snapper)
Results: Plentiful 76, Common 24
hYalIsL.png
@Cluttermouse
Nice, thanks! Crackle data is starting to take shape~ :D

Front page is up to date!
@Cluttermouse
Nice, thanks! Crackle data is starting to take shape~ :D

Front page is up to date!
-Sig by OmicronWanderer-
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19