Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Exhausting a Burnout for FR
[size=5][b]Intro[/b][/size] This guide got its inspiration by my part, along with threads I see popping up on FRD. When looking around in this forum category, I could not find an idea like this. So, to prove useful content, I bring you this guide. [color=red]Do note that I am in no means a psychologist, doctor, or anyone/anything within the health field. This guide focuses on Flight Rising only: If your burnout takes out other aspects of your life, consult a professional.[/color] [size=5][b]Chapters[/b][/size] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3365340#post_57546242]Chapter 1: Explanations[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3365340#post_57546248]Chapter 2: Reasons for Burnout[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3365340#post_57546251]Chapter 3: Methods[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3365340#post_57546255]Chapter 4: Links[/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]hi [nextcol] What is burnout? Does Flight Rising punish you for inactivity? What things can make you burnt out? What methods are there to help burnout? Additional links to threads. [/columns] ----- [size=5][b]Update Log[/b][/size] [quote] [center][emoji=star size=1] 16th of September 2024: Thread created, edited here and there. [/center] [/quote] [size=5][b]To-do Log[/b][/size] [quote] [center][emoji=ping size=1] Finish up what you've written, especially for chapter 3. [emoji=ping size=1] Add in links to chapter 4. [emoji=ping size=1] Give the thread some images. [/center] [/quote]
Intro

This guide got its inspiration by my part, along with threads I see popping up on FRD. When looking around in this forum category, I could not find an idea like this. So, to prove useful content, I bring you this guide.

Do note that I am in no means a psychologist, doctor, or anyone/anything within the health field. This guide focuses on Flight Rising only: If your burnout takes out other aspects of your life, consult a professional.

Chapters

Chapter 1: Explanations

Chapter 2: Reasons for Burnout

Chapter 3: Methods

Chapter 4: Links
hi
What is burnout? Does Flight Rising punish you for inactivity?

What things can make you burnt out?

What methods are there to help burnout?

Additional links to threads.

Update Log

Quote:
16th of September 2024: Thread created, edited here and there.

To-do Log

Quote:
Finish up what you've written, especially for chapter 3.

Add in links to chapter 4.

Give the thread some images.
Feeling burnt out of Flight Rising? Check out my GUIDE !

[She/they]

What is burnout?

In short terms, burnout is a negative feeling you get after indulging yourself too much in something, typically for things you enjoy. The duration it takes to get burnout of things, alongside recovering from it, vary. People respond to burnout in diverse ways and take care of it independently.

When it comes to Flight Rising for this subject, it changes from user to user: Sometimes it is for the Coliseum, while other times you couldn't care less to feed your dragons daily. At the lowest point, you do not access the site at all.

Flight Rising and punishments

Flight Rising is merciful when it comes to punishments: Dragons can only experience starvation if your account is unattended, and even then, they will not die from it. When below 40 energy points, dragons cannot breed nor enter the Coliseum. Furthermore, if you leave your account for 40 days, your dragons have their hunger automatically taken care of (requires you to not login in at all during the 40 days) – you will get an email notifying about it.

There is not a system in place where a user’s account gets frozen/locked due to inactivity. Accounts exist until someone has them locked.

The only things that you can miss out are events (Flight Festivals, microholidays (ex. food-related events like Sunparched Prowl), Night of The Nocturne…), Galore drops (ex. scrolls/eggs during Ancient-breed releases), and daily bonuses (related to feeding your dragons). All-in-all, they are not that serious to miss, as event items are purchasable later through the Auction House or other users.

(Do note that sharing your login information with a friend so that they could feed your dragons is not advised, as it can put your account on risk for malicious deeds – Zendesk article)

What is burnout?

In short terms, burnout is a negative feeling you get after indulging yourself too much in something, typically for things you enjoy. The duration it takes to get burnout of things, alongside recovering from it, vary. People respond to burnout in diverse ways and take care of it independently.

When it comes to Flight Rising for this subject, it changes from user to user: Sometimes it is for the Coliseum, while other times you couldn't care less to feed your dragons daily. At the lowest point, you do not access the site at all.

Flight Rising and punishments

Flight Rising is merciful when it comes to punishments: Dragons can only experience starvation if your account is unattended, and even then, they will not die from it. When below 40 energy points, dragons cannot breed nor enter the Coliseum. Furthermore, if you leave your account for 40 days, your dragons have their hunger automatically taken care of (requires you to not login in at all during the 40 days) – you will get an email notifying about it.

There is not a system in place where a user’s account gets frozen/locked due to inactivity. Accounts exist until someone has them locked.

The only things that you can miss out are events (Flight Festivals, microholidays (ex. food-related events like Sunparched Prowl), Night of The Nocturne…), Galore drops (ex. scrolls/eggs during Ancient-breed releases), and daily bonuses (related to feeding your dragons). All-in-all, they are not that serious to miss, as event items are purchasable later through the Auction House or other users.

(Do note that sharing your login information with a friend so that they could feed your dragons is not advised, as it can put your account on risk for malicious deeds – Zendesk article)

[She/they]

This chapter will look over things that can cause burnout. Subjects are in categories, as that is the easiest approach for me. The list is non-exhaustive and can expand over time.

Learning curves

When starting out in Flight Rising, there seems to be different things at once. At points, the amount of knowledge can be overwhelming.

Coliseum

The big bad four: Flight Festivals, Warrior’s Way, food microholidays, and Night of The Nocturne. During these events, users grind for specific things. When it comes to Flight Festivals and Night of The Nocturne, users aim for their given chests, while for Warrior’s Way and food microholidays, users level up fodder dragons for exaltation. Other events can cause burnout as well, notably those with unique currencies (ex. Talk Like a Pirate Day).

A second source for burnout can be Hibernal Den tasks, as users try to get the required items for a slot. The tasks usually require things from the Coliseum, so it is either grind or buy.

A third source for burnout can be the sheer learning curve, as the Coliseum does not have straight dos and don’ts when it comes to progression or being good. It is common to see inexperienced users struggling with this game mode, thus abandoning it for a set time.

Lastly, there can be users who find the Coliseum boring: They can find it monotonous, or the captchas are annoying.

Fairgrounds

While the Fairgrounds has a daily limit, the daily grind of the games (usually Glimmer and Gloom) can be monotonous to users.

This chapter will look over things that can cause burnout. Subjects are in categories, as that is the easiest approach for me. The list is non-exhaustive and can expand over time.

Learning curves

When starting out in Flight Rising, there seems to be different things at once. At points, the amount of knowledge can be overwhelming.

Coliseum

The big bad four: Flight Festivals, Warrior’s Way, food microholidays, and Night of The Nocturne. During these events, users grind for specific things. When it comes to Flight Festivals and Night of The Nocturne, users aim for their given chests, while for Warrior’s Way and food microholidays, users level up fodder dragons for exaltation. Other events can cause burnout as well, notably those with unique currencies (ex. Talk Like a Pirate Day).

A second source for burnout can be Hibernal Den tasks, as users try to get the required items for a slot. The tasks usually require things from the Coliseum, so it is either grind or buy.

A third source for burnout can be the sheer learning curve, as the Coliseum does not have straight dos and don’ts when it comes to progression or being good. It is common to see inexperienced users struggling with this game mode, thus abandoning it for a set time.

Lastly, there can be users who find the Coliseum boring: They can find it monotonous, or the captchas are annoying.

Fairgrounds

While the Fairgrounds has a daily limit, the daily grind of the games (usually Glimmer and Gloom) can be monotonous to users.

[She/they]

This chapter will look over methods that could help for your burnout. It's not quarantined, but could lead you to a better place. The list is non-exhaustive and can expand over time.

GENERAL

Take a hiatus!

Sometimes the best option for burnout is to take a break entirely. The hiatus can last for a week or two, months, or even a year – whichever way you feel like. When doing so, it is useful to state it somewhere, such as on your profile or forum signature: This way other users are sure that you will not be in-site for a while. Like stated earlier, the only thing that you might miss are event items. For such, you could ask out for a helping hand in the forums, or in third party media like Discord.

Set reasonable goals!

People tend to overshoot their goals, making some wishes frustrating to acquire. A small amount of challenge is welcomed, but the moment the task(s) overpower you, it could be a time for change. Set yourself goals that you can complete without big complications. The goals do not have to be massive - something like feeding your dragons daily for half a year can be a reasonable task.

Join in third party media involving Flight Rising!

When the forums aren't "it", you could think of joining somewhere else. The three notable sites for discussing Flight Rising are Discord servers, Twitter/X, and Tumblr. You could share dragons around, tell about your goals, and so on. On Tumblr, the devs host FRFanArt Friday, where they pick fanart involving this site. Discord might be the best when it comes to real-time conversations: There are designated servers, which I shall provide within the last chapter.
LEARNING CURVES

Take it one step at a time!

Instead of taking everything in, categorize the things you are going to learn next. On one day, you could be learning about the fundamentals of Gathering, and later on, learn how the Coliseum works.

Look at guides!

The very forum section you stumbled across contains various guides for new players. They can range from explaining all the things, or focusing on one thing. Taking with the first point, you could use them to your advantage when learning about new things. Useful guides shall be linked within the last chapter.

Ask away in the Help Center, or elsewhere!

Help Center is a forum section involving questions and answers from other players. Users tend to answer quickly to threads, so it is safe to put a worry in there and wait for a while. If you're using Discord, designated Flight Rising servers tend to have a channel dedicated for helping others out.

Do note that the forums and Discord servers are public. If you have a question that should be shared to the devs directly, you can send in tickets HERE.
COLISEUM

Partake in Dominance events!

(wip)

Look for Hibernal Den threads!

(wip)

Look for challenges!

(wip)
FAIRGROUNDS

Think about funding projects!

(wip)

This chapter will look over methods that could help for your burnout. It's not quarantined, but could lead you to a better place. The list is non-exhaustive and can expand over time.

GENERAL

Take a hiatus!

Sometimes the best option for burnout is to take a break entirely. The hiatus can last for a week or two, months, or even a year – whichever way you feel like. When doing so, it is useful to state it somewhere, such as on your profile or forum signature: This way other users are sure that you will not be in-site for a while. Like stated earlier, the only thing that you might miss are event items. For such, you could ask out for a helping hand in the forums, or in third party media like Discord.

Set reasonable goals!

People tend to overshoot their goals, making some wishes frustrating to acquire. A small amount of challenge is welcomed, but the moment the task(s) overpower you, it could be a time for change. Set yourself goals that you can complete without big complications. The goals do not have to be massive - something like feeding your dragons daily for half a year can be a reasonable task.

Join in third party media involving Flight Rising!

When the forums aren't "it", you could think of joining somewhere else. The three notable sites for discussing Flight Rising are Discord servers, Twitter/X, and Tumblr. You could share dragons around, tell about your goals, and so on. On Tumblr, the devs host FRFanArt Friday, where they pick fanart involving this site. Discord might be the best when it comes to real-time conversations: There are designated servers, which I shall provide within the last chapter.
LEARNING CURVES

Take it one step at a time!

Instead of taking everything in, categorize the things you are going to learn next. On one day, you could be learning about the fundamentals of Gathering, and later on, learn how the Coliseum works.

Look at guides!

The very forum section you stumbled across contains various guides for new players. They can range from explaining all the things, or focusing on one thing. Taking with the first point, you could use them to your advantage when learning about new things. Useful guides shall be linked within the last chapter.

Ask away in the Help Center, or elsewhere!

Help Center is a forum section involving questions and answers from other players. Users tend to answer quickly to threads, so it is safe to put a worry in there and wait for a while. If you're using Discord, designated Flight Rising servers tend to have a channel dedicated for helping others out.

Do note that the forums and Discord servers are public. If you have a question that should be shared to the devs directly, you can send in tickets HERE.
COLISEUM

Partake in Dominance events!

(wip)

Look for Hibernal Den threads!

(wip)

Look for challenges!

(wip)
FAIRGROUNDS

Think about funding projects!

(wip)

[She/they]

This chapter includes useful links for challenge threads, guides… The list is non-exhaustive and can expand over time.

TBA

This chapter includes useful links for challenge threads, guides… The list is non-exhaustive and can expand over time.

TBA

[She/they]
Thread's open, and I'm also open for suggestions!
Thread's open, and I'm also open for suggestions!

[She/they]