Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds - Kelp Cultivators - 1 Fodder
I was asked about battle times in KB and went down a deep hole I regret with that, but it did get me wondering how fast a 2 trainer team is in KB and this build should be the fastest at 5 moves per battle after the first.

The build names in this are Clipper which is the glass cannon, and the Caretaker which is the tank.

Post Index:

What Stats and Why

Which Element to Pick

Enemies You'll Face

What to do on Your Turn

What to do Against Each Group

Slight Variants

I would like to thank:
Sylvandyr - Their stat tools (found HERE)
SnowyMountain - For sending me down this deep dark hole in the first place XD

I was asked about battle times in KB and went down a deep hole I regret with that, but it did get me wondering how fast a 2 trainer team is in KB and this build should be the fastest at 5 moves per battle after the first.

The build names in this are Clipper which is the glass cannon, and the Caretaker which is the tank.

Post Index:

What Stats and Why

Which Element to Pick

Enemies You'll Face

What to do on Your Turn

What to do Against Each Group

Slight Variants

I would like to thank:
Sylvandyr - Their stat tools (found HERE)
SnowyMountain - For sending me down this deep dark hole in the first place XD

Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
When organizing your team, make sure you put your Caretaker in a slot before your Clipper so that your Caretaker can Haste and Rally your Clipper. The Clipper's stats are the same as my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2469655]Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler[/url] build. The only difference is this build uses Anticipate and Guard instead of Meditate and Sap, and doesn't need to use Haste or Rally since the Caretaker applies them instead. [columns] [b]Stats:[/b] STR AGI DEF QCK [nextcol] 133 8 7 32 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] INT VIT MND [nextcol] 5 20 5 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] [b]Stones:[/b] Anticipate Eliminate Berserker Ambush [nextcol] Guard Berserker Ambush [nextcol] Berserker [nextcol] [/columns] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/TPcDhg5C/Cannon-Stats.png[/img] The reasoning for the stats is as follows: Str 133 allows the Clipper to Rally (from your Caretaker) + Elim everything in the venue (except bosses). Qck 32 plus 30 from Haste (from your Caretaker) allows the Clipper to match the speed of all enemies in the venue. Vit 20 is the most Vit we can get with this Str and Qck. It's enough to let your Clipper survive the first battle (which is what matters). Def 7 is where I put the remaining points. ----- [columns] [b]Stats:[/b] STR AGI DEF QCK [nextcol] 5 8 9 32 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] INT VIT MND [nextcol] 120 56 5 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] [b]Stones:[/b] Meditate Aid Scholar Ambush [nextcol] Reflect Scholar Ambush [nextcol] Rally Scholar [nextcol] Haste [/columns] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/PqHDt2JC/Tank-Stats.png[/img] The reasoning for the stats is as follows: Int 120 and Vit felt good around this amount, and lets the Caretaker heal over half your the target's hitpoints in one heal. Qck 32 allows the Caretaker to get a free turn with Haste along with your Clipper, or it allows it to skip a turn in battles after using Rally and Haste on your Clipper so it doesn't waste time on an unneeded move. Vit 56 allows the Caretaker to takea few hits if Guard ever fails. Def 9 is where I put the remaining points.
When organizing your team, make sure you put your Caretaker in a slot before your Clipper so that your Caretaker can Haste and Rally your Clipper.

The Clipper's stats are the same as my Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler build. The only difference is this build uses Anticipate and Guard instead of Meditate and Sap, and doesn't need to use Haste or Rally since the Caretaker applies them instead.
Stats:
STR
AGI
DEF
QCK

|
|
|
|

INT
VIT
MND

|
|
|
|
Stones:
Anticipate
Eliminate
Berserker
Ambush

Guard
Berserker
Ambush

Berserker

Cannon-Stats.png

The reasoning for the stats is as follows:
Str 133 allows the Clipper to Rally (from your Caretaker) + Elim everything in the venue (except bosses).

Qck 32 plus 30 from Haste (from your Caretaker) allows the Clipper to match the speed of all enemies in the venue.

Vit 20 is the most Vit we can get with this Str and Qck. It's enough to let your Clipper survive the first battle (which is what matters).

Def 7 is where I put the remaining points.

Stats:
STR
AGI
DEF
QCK

|
|
|
|

INT
VIT
MND

|
|
|
|
Stones:
Meditate
Aid
Scholar
Ambush

Reflect
Scholar
Ambush

Rally
Scholar

Haste

Tank-Stats.png

The reasoning for the stats is as follows:
Int 120 and Vit felt good around this amount, and lets the Caretaker heal over half your the target's hitpoints in one heal.

Qck 32 allows the Caretaker to get a free turn with Haste along with your Clipper, or it allows it to skip a turn in battles after using Rally and Haste on your Clipper so it doesn't waste time on an unneeded move.

Vit 56 allows the Caretaker to takea few hits if Guard ever fails.

Def 9 is where I put the remaining points.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I'll now go through the various dragon elements and say which I think are best, and which are worst. This is based on which elements are super effective against your dragon's element. (I'm only counting the elements for spell-casting enemies since the melee enemies don't usually use their element attack before you kill them). My scale will be Great, Good, Doable, Bad, and Terrible. [b][u]NOTE:[/u][/b] The rankings in this venue do matter for your Clipper, however they don't matter much for your Caretaker since your Clipper will be Guarding it. Your trainer's element only matters when you're hit by elemental attacks, and this build can beat melee enemies before they get a chance to use their elemental attacks. After the first battle, you have enough breath the cast eliminate and bet mages before they can cast elemental attacks as well, so element matters even less after the first battle. [b]Resistant to[/b] is how many enemies deal less damage to your dragon (higher # = good) [b]Weak to[/b] is how many enemies deal more damage to your dragon (higher # = bad) [columns] [b]Element[/b] Arcane Earth Fire Ice Light Lightning Nature Plague Shadow Water Wind [nextcol] | | | | | | | | | | | | [nextcol] [b]Rank[/b] Terrible Terrible Bad Great Bad Doable Good Doable Bad Good Terrible [nextcol] | | | | | | | | | | | | [nextcol] [b]Resistant to[/b] 1 0 2 3 2 1 3 2 2 3 1 [nextcol] | | | | | | | | | | | | [nextcol] [b]Weak to[/b] 5 5 4 1 4 3 2 3 4 2 5 [/columns] ----- If you don't want to read the chart, here's the ranking from best to worst [b]1st :[/b] Ice [b]2nd :[/b] Nature Water [b]3rd :[/b] Lightning Plague [b]4th :[/b] Fire Light Shadow [b]5th :[/b] Arcane Earth Wind ----- Here's a chart to show what elements are strong/weak to what [img]http://i.imgur.com/lLliwWS.png[/img]
I'll now go through the various dragon elements and say which I think are best, and which are worst. This is based on which elements are super effective against your dragon's element. (I'm only counting the elements for spell-casting enemies since the melee enemies don't usually use their element attack before you kill them).

My scale will be Great, Good, Doable, Bad, and Terrible.

NOTE: The rankings in this venue do matter for your Clipper, however they don't matter much for your Caretaker since your Clipper will be Guarding it.

Your trainer's element only matters when you're hit by elemental attacks, and this build can beat melee enemies before they get a chance to use their elemental attacks. After the first battle, you have enough breath the cast eliminate and bet mages before they can cast elemental attacks as well, so element matters even less after the first battle.

Resistant to is how many enemies deal less damage to your dragon (higher # = good)
Weak to is how many enemies deal more damage to your dragon (higher # = bad)

Element
Arcane
Earth
Fire
Ice
Light
Lightning
Nature
Plague
Shadow
Water
Wind
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Rank
Terrible
Terrible
Bad
Great
Bad
Doable
Good
Doable
Bad
Good
Terrible
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Resistant to
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Weak to

If you don't want to read the chart, here's the ranking from best to worst

1st :
Ice

2nd :
Nature
Water

3rd :
Lightning
Plague

4th :
Fire
Light
Shadow

5th :
Arcane
Earth
Wind

Here's a chart to show what elements are strong/weak to what
lLliwWS.png
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
With this build running at it's best, your Clipper will only take hits from bosses, and your Caretaker shouldn't be hit at all.

Mages:
Abyss Striker
Cloud Chaser
Jeweled Octoflyer
Octoflyer
Maren Wavesinger
Maren Ambusher

Kelp Caretaker
Maren Harvester
Ruche Slug
Ruched Sojourner

Shadow
Wind
Arcane
Water
Water
Nature

Nature
Ice
Light
Plague

Melee:
Kelp Tender
Mammertee
Relic Eel
Golden Porpoise
Corrosive Depin
Depin
Maren Scout
Maren Warrior

Blue-Footed Eggull
Eggull
Maren Fisher
Maren Seahunter

Water
Neutral
Earth
Light
Shadow
Neutral
Fire
Lightning

Neutral
Earth
Wind
Water
With this build running at it's best, your Clipper will only take hits from bosses, and your Caretaker shouldn't be hit at all.

Mages:
Abyss Striker
Cloud Chaser
Jeweled Octoflyer
Octoflyer
Maren Wavesinger
Maren Ambusher

Kelp Caretaker
Maren Harvester
Ruche Slug
Ruched Sojourner

Shadow
Wind
Arcane
Water
Water
Nature

Nature
Ice
Light
Plague

Melee:
Kelp Tender
Mammertee
Relic Eel
Golden Porpoise
Corrosive Depin
Depin
Maren Scout
Maren Warrior

Blue-Footed Eggull
Eggull
Maren Fisher
Maren Seahunter

Water
Neutral
Earth
Light
Shadow
Neutral
Fire
Lightning

Neutral
Earth
Wind
Water
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First Battle:
Caretaker - Haste (Targeting Caretaker)
Caretaker - Haste (Targeting Clipper)
Clipper - Guard (Targeting Caretaker)
Clipper - Anticipate
Caretaker - Rally (Targeting Clipper)
Clipper - Anticipate
....Enemy
....Enemy
....Enemy
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Eliminate
....Enemy
....Enemy
Caretaker - Aid (Targeting Clipper)
Clipper - Eliminate
....Enemy
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Eliminate
Second Battle (3 Enemies):
Clipper - Eliminate
Clipper - Eliminate
Clipper - Eliminate

You can Rally + Elim all enemies except bosses. Against 4 packs, focus the melee enemies first.

You can also choose to skip using Guard. It just means your Caretaker may get hit a few time and make the battle take longer.

You can also keep using Anticipate instead of Eliminate until Guard wears off. This way you build more breath on both dragons, can use Aid after Eliminate, and can let your Caretaker tank a hit

Enemy Focus Order:
Hit the melee enemies first and the mages last. The melee enemies going each turn is harder to survive than the mages staggered attacks since you can only cast Aid so many times before needing to regenerate breath.

Enemies that can apply status effect that skip turns (eg. freeze or berserk) should also be focused quickly.

Bosses:
When facing bosses, use Reflect on your Caretaker to make sure the boss can't damage it (both bosses are mages). While Reflect is up, you can also cast Haste on your Caretaker to bounce it onto the boss. This allows it to take more turns and damage itself with on your Reflect more often and speed up the battle. You can also use Anticipate and Eliminate when you're able to with your Clipper to help speed up the battle. You can also let your Caretaker go down if you want since that will speed the battle up a bit as well. Or you can keep healing your Caretaker so that you have full stats on both going into the next fight.

Refresh:
You can put the fodder's stats into Vit if you want, but I personally don't see a reason to most of the time. The team is tanky and fast enough in my opinion.

Dodge:
Dodges shouldn't really affect a run too much, just keep Anticiapte and Aid until you can Eliminate again.

If you're low health when you miss an Elim, you might want to reset if you can't use Aid right away (eg. if you need to cast Haste or Meditate first), but otherwise you should be able to keep going.
First Battle:
Clipper - Guard (Targeting Caretaker)
Clipper - Anticipate
Clipper - Anticipate
....Enemy
....Enemy
....Enemy
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Eliminate
....Enemy
....Enemy
Clipper - Eliminate
....Enemy
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Eliminate
Second Battle (3 Enemies):
Clipper - Eliminate
Clipper - Eliminate
Clipper - Eliminate

You can Rally + Elim all enemies except bosses. Against 4 packs, focus the melee enemies first.

You can also choose to skip using Guard. It just means your Caretaker may get hit a few time and make the battle take longer.

You can also keep using Anticipate instead of Eliminate until Guard wears off. This way you build more breath on both dragons, can use Aid after Eliminate, and can let your Caretaker tank a hit

Enemy Focus Order:
Hit the melee enemies first and the mages last. The melee enemies going each turn is harder to survive than the mages staggered attacks since you can only cast Aid so many times before needing to regenerate breath.

Enemies that can apply status effect that skip turns (eg. freeze or berserk) should also be focused quickly.

Bosses:
When facing bosses, use Reflect on your Caretaker to make sure the boss can't damage it (both bosses are mages). While Reflect is up, you can also cast Haste on your Caretaker to bounce it onto the boss. This allows it to take more turns and damage itself with on your Reflect more often and speed up the battle. You can also use Anticipate and Eliminate when you're able to with your Clipper to help speed up the battle. You can also let your Caretaker go down if you want since that will speed the battle up a bit as well. Or you can keep healing your Caretaker so that you have full stats on both going into the next fight.

Refresh:
You can put the fodder's stats into Vit if you want, but I personally don't see a reason to most of the time. The team is tanky and fast enough in my opinion.

Dodge:
Dodges shouldn't really affect a run too much, just keep Anticiapte and Aid until you can Eliminate again.

If you're low health when you miss an Elim, you might want to reset if you can't use Aid right away (eg. if you need to cast Haste or Meditate first), but otherwise you should be able to keep going.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
*NOTE:* All of these numbers are assuming you don't miss an attack. It's up to you if you want to refresh or Anticipate + Aid until you can finish the battle when you miss an Eliminate.
Enemy Groups

3 Mages
2 Mages + 1 Melee
1 Mage + 2 Melee
2 Mages + 2 Melee
3 Melee
Max Hits Turn 1

Max Hits Later

Refresh Turn 1

No
No
No
Maybe
Maybe

3 Mages
First Battle: These are very good to start with.
Later Battles: These are very easy later on.

2 Mages + 1 Melee

1 Mages + 2 Melee
Later Battle: These are very easy later on.

2 Mages + 2 Melee
First Battle: These aren't the best to start with, but you can.

3 Melee

2 Packs:

Bosses:
First Battle: These are very good to start with. (Will take awhile)
Later Battle: These are very easy later on. (Will take awhile)
*NOTE:* All of these numbers are assuming you don't miss an attack. It's up to you if you want to refresh or Anticipate + Aid until you can finish the battle when you miss an Eliminate.
Enemy Groups

3 Mages
2 Mages + 1 Melee
1 Mage + 2 Melee
2 Mages + 2 Melee
3 Melee
Max Hits Turn 1

Max Hits Later

Refresh Turn 1

No
No
No
Maybe
Maybe

3 Mages

2 Mages + 1 Melee

1 Mages + 2 Melee

2 Mages + 2 Melee

3 Melee

2 Packs:

Bosses:
First Battle: These are very good to start with. (Will take awhile)
Later Battle: These are very easy later on. (Will take awhile)
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Other Variants
All of these variant use the same stats, only some of the stones change

Mimic Mulchers:
This build uses Scratch instead of Anticipate on your Clipper. This allows you to Scratch + Eliminate and Scratch x3 all NotN enemies, and you can still Rally + Eliminate the normal enemies.

It is also easier to take on bosses since you can Scratch them while having Reflect up. You can also cast Haste on the Reflected trainer to cause the boss to help you damage it, and if the plague boss gets the Virus debuff, you can cast Aid on the Reflected trainer to damage it as well.

Against NotN enemies, your moves should be
First Battle:
Clipper - Scratch
Clipper - Scratch
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
....Enemy
....Enemy
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
....Enemy
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
....Enemy
Clipper - Scratch (on the non-Scratched enemy)
....Enemy
....Enemy
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Eliminate
....Enemy
Clipper - Eliminate
Second Battle (Against NotN enemies):
Clipper - Scratch
Clipper - Eliminate
Caretaker - Meditate or Aid
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
....Enemy
Clipper - Eliminate
....Enemy
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
Clipper - Eliminate

*If there are Neutral NotN enemies, or Wind/Ice enemies, cast Reflect on your Clipper. This will make sure you don't get Contused, Berserked, or Frozen.

This build is also even closer to my original Kelp Bed Leviathan Leveler since the only stone difference is Meditate is swapped for Scratch. You can still keep Sap on it if you want!

Other Variants
All of these variant use the same stats, only some of the stones change

Mimic Mulchers:
This build uses Scratch instead of Anticipate on your Clipper. This allows you to Scratch + Eliminate and Scratch x3 all NotN enemies, and you can still Rally + Eliminate the normal enemies.

It is also easier to take on bosses since you can Scratch them while having Reflect up. You can also cast Haste on the Reflected trainer to cause the boss to help you damage it, and if the plague boss gets the Virus debuff, you can cast Aid on the Reflected trainer to damage it as well.

Against NotN enemies, your moves should be
First Battle:
Clipper - Scratch
Clipper - Scratch
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
....Enemy
....Enemy
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
....Enemy
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
....Enemy
Clipper - Scratch (on the non-Scratched enemy)
....Enemy
....Enemy
Caretaker - Meditate
Clipper - Eliminate
....Enemy
Clipper - Eliminate
Second Battle (Against NotN enemies):
Clipper - Scratch
Clipper - Eliminate
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
....Enemy
Clipper - Eliminate
....Enemy
Clipper - Scratch
....Enemy
Clipper - Eliminate

*If there are Neutral NotN enemies, or Wind/Ice enemies, cast Reflect on your Clipper. This will make sure you don't get Contused, Berserked, or Frozen.

This build is also even closer to my original Kelp Bed Leviathan Leveler since the only stone difference is Meditate is swapped for Scratch. You can still keep Sap on it if you want!

Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
The build has a new variant specifically to help fight the NotN enemies! NotN enemies can't be Rally + Elimed in Kelp Beds, so using Anticipate isn't viable without another source of damage, so the Mimic Mulcher variant uses Scratch instead on Anticipate on your Clipper.

The build uses the same stats and other stones, so it should behave similarly, but will take a bit more damage. However, Scratch and Anticipate are cheaper stones, and this should help anyone grinding Kelp Beds have a more enjoyable time!

Happy NotN, everyone!
The build has a new variant specifically to help fight the NotN enemies! NotN enemies can't be Rally + Elimed in Kelp Beds, so using Anticipate isn't viable without another source of damage, so the Mimic Mulcher variant uses Scratch instead on Anticipate on your Clipper.

The build uses the same stats and other stones, so it should behave similarly, but will take a bit more damage. However, Scratch and Anticipate are cheaper stones, and this should help anyone grinding Kelp Beds have a more enjoyable time!

Happy NotN, everyone!
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Did some more testing with a Culex build and the Caretaker, and figured I'd let ya'll know how that went.

So the Caretaker works pretty much the same, no real differences there. You still want to Haste, Aid, and Reflect pretty much at the same times as before.

For the normal enemies, you can NOT Rally + Eliminate them, so you have to Scratch + Eliminate them (like the Mimic Mulcher variant has to do against the NotN enemies). This means battles against the normal enemies takes a few more turns than with a Clipper.

For the NotN enemies, you have to use Rally. So either (Rally + Scratch) + Eliminate, or Scratch + (Rally + Eliminate). Up to you which move is Rallied, but the enemies need to be hit by one of them with Rally up.

The build is still pretty forgiving with dodges and misplays. And unlike the Mimic Mulcher variant, you're forced to Scratch so you should have a nice buffer of breath most of the time when enemies dodge.

I still recommend the Clipper and Caretaker together, but if you have a Culex build and want to save money, the Caretaker pairs nicely with it. (It likely also pairs nicely in other venues, but I'll let other people test that out).
Did some more testing with a Culex build and the Caretaker, and figured I'd let ya'll know how that went.

So the Caretaker works pretty much the same, no real differences there. You still want to Haste, Aid, and Reflect pretty much at the same times as before.

For the normal enemies, you can NOT Rally + Eliminate them, so you have to Scratch + Eliminate them (like the Mimic Mulcher variant has to do against the NotN enemies). This means battles against the normal enemies takes a few more turns than with a Clipper.

For the NotN enemies, you have to use Rally. So either (Rally + Scratch) + Eliminate, or Scratch + (Rally + Eliminate). Up to you which move is Rallied, but the enemies need to be hit by one of them with Rally up.

The build is still pretty forgiving with dodges and misplays. And unlike the Mimic Mulcher variant, you're forced to Scratch so you should have a nice buffer of breath most of the time when enemies dodge.

I still recommend the Clipper and Caretaker together, but if you have a Culex build and want to save money, the Caretaker pairs nicely with it. (It likely also pairs nicely in other venues, but I'll let other people test that out).
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)