Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | VM's Simple Get Started Guide [2023-05]
Hi there! Lots of people have written guides like this, but I've got a friend starting the game soon and I wanted to make a really simple guide I could send to them. Without further ado, here it is:
Dailies
Tomo's Trivia Tablet
This gives you 10 questions each day, rewarding 300 treasure per correct answer. All the correct answers can be found here.

Pinkerton's Plundered Pile
Free, random item once each day.

Nesting Grounds
For optimum profit, you want to make sure all your nests are always in use, and you're always listing your dragons for at least fodder price.

Fairgrounds
A series of flash-style games you can play to earn a max of 75,000 treasure each day. The most efficient way to reach this cap is to play Glimmer & Gloom on very hard, and use this online solver.

Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
You want to bond with each of these familiars.

Your own familiars
Each dragon in your lair (NOT your hibernal den) can be paired with a familiar, who can be bonded with for a bit of treasure each day.
Every Couple of Minutes
These are the various activities that reset every few minutes
Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
Always be rocking.

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew
food - materials - apparel - familiars - trinkets
Only melt down stuff from the above links.

Breeding dragons & exalting
The core mechanic of the game is breeding and selling dragons. The mechanic of "exalting" is where you sell a dragon back to the game for a small amount of treasure, depending on their level. Excess dragons in the game are removed by being exalted, and the majority of dragons anyone breeds end up exalted, cause there's just far more dragons in the game than lair space.

This does mean that breeding dragons is a reliable source of profit: a level one dragon sells on the auction house for around 7,000 treasure (it fluctuates). This means a nest of 3 eggs will sell for at least 21,000 treasure. So you always want to be breeding dragons, even if most of them end up as "fodder" to be exalted.

As you get further in the game, you'll be able to have prettier breeding pairs, but don't worry too much about this for now.
Coliseum
There's a couple ways to get a level 25 dragon (with or without stones) as a beginner, but leveling it up yourself is the most sure-fire way. This is a slow process. However, once you have your level 25 dragon, the coli is the best infinite way to grind for treasure. Most ways to make money in this game are time-gated, except the coliseum. You can play the coliseum as long as you can tolerate it.

Take your level 25, and go to any venue other than the two level 25 venues. Lower level venues will be easier/faster. Exactly how to play depends on your build, but most commonly:
First, you have to scratch the enemies several times until you build up 35 "breath". This is your mana. Then, you want to rally yourself and eliminate each enemy in turn. If one of them dodges and you're out of breath, just go back to scratching.

Repeat that process until your hands fall off, haha!

The coliseum gives you lots of food, materials (which you can try to sell on the AH or just hoard-sell for immediate treasure), and sometimes also familiars you can pair with your dragons.

For more information, see here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/14#post_37194677
Other
Crim's Collection Cart
Crim buys 5 items every hour, for varying amounts of treasure. This is usually not a great idea until you're late enough in the game to recognize whether her offers are a good deal. So just avoid it for now.

Swipp's Swap Stand
Trade items for another item. You can also ignore this for now.

Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
It's a raffle. You usually won't win anything.
Hi there! Lots of people have written guides like this, but I've got a friend starting the game soon and I wanted to make a really simple guide I could send to them. Without further ado, here it is:
Dailies
Tomo's Trivia Tablet
This gives you 10 questions each day, rewarding 300 treasure per correct answer. All the correct answers can be found here.

Pinkerton's Plundered Pile
Free, random item once each day.

Nesting Grounds
For optimum profit, you want to make sure all your nests are always in use, and you're always listing your dragons for at least fodder price.

Fairgrounds
A series of flash-style games you can play to earn a max of 75,000 treasure each day. The most efficient way to reach this cap is to play Glimmer & Gloom on very hard, and use this online solver.

Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
You want to bond with each of these familiars.

Your own familiars
Each dragon in your lair (NOT your hibernal den) can be paired with a familiar, who can be bonded with for a bit of treasure each day.
Every Couple of Minutes
These are the various activities that reset every few minutes
Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
Always be rocking.

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew
food - materials - apparel - familiars - trinkets
Only melt down stuff from the above links.

Breeding dragons & exalting
The core mechanic of the game is breeding and selling dragons. The mechanic of "exalting" is where you sell a dragon back to the game for a small amount of treasure, depending on their level. Excess dragons in the game are removed by being exalted, and the majority of dragons anyone breeds end up exalted, cause there's just far more dragons in the game than lair space.

This does mean that breeding dragons is a reliable source of profit: a level one dragon sells on the auction house for around 7,000 treasure (it fluctuates). This means a nest of 3 eggs will sell for at least 21,000 treasure. So you always want to be breeding dragons, even if most of them end up as "fodder" to be exalted.

As you get further in the game, you'll be able to have prettier breeding pairs, but don't worry too much about this for now.
Coliseum
There's a couple ways to get a level 25 dragon (with or without stones) as a beginner, but leveling it up yourself is the most sure-fire way. This is a slow process. However, once you have your level 25 dragon, the coli is the best infinite way to grind for treasure. Most ways to make money in this game are time-gated, except the coliseum. You can play the coliseum as long as you can tolerate it.

Take your level 25, and go to any venue other than the two level 25 venues. Lower level venues will be easier/faster. Exactly how to play depends on your build, but most commonly:
First, you have to scratch the enemies several times until you build up 35 "breath". This is your mana. Then, you want to rally yourself and eliminate each enemy in turn. If one of them dodges and you're out of breath, just go back to scratching.

Repeat that process until your hands fall off, haha!

The coliseum gives you lots of food, materials (which you can try to sell on the AH or just hoard-sell for immediate treasure), and sometimes also familiars you can pair with your dragons.

For more information, see here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/14#post_37194677
Other
Crim's Collection Cart
Crim buys 5 items every hour, for varying amounts of treasure. This is usually not a great idea until you're late enough in the game to recognize whether her offers are a good deal. So just avoid it for now.

Swipp's Swap Stand
Trade items for another item. You can also ignore this for now.

Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
It's a raffle. You usually won't win anything.
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
bookmark
thank you!!
bookmark
thank you!!
Moonstone
Jd88XNq.png

rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
rUoKR6y.png
feXtM27.png
Pompom Mums Celestine nice to meet you! call me cloudy.
please ping, feel free to message!
remember to be kind! :)
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3066466#post_3066466]source[/url] [quote name="Litha" date="2021-10-15 02:27:59" ] Hey yall! It occurred to me that some people aren't aware of this super fast method for familiar bonding. I believe I have over 300 unawakened familiars that I bond with every day for money & chests & Fiona tasks and here's how I do it. [img]https://i.ibb.co/0Z2CzDm/familiar-bonding-easy2.png[/img] Quick guide above, in image. 1. Open two windows with the same dragon side-by-side. One of them should be open to the [u]'Choose Familiar'[/u] page and the other should be open to the [u]dragon's Profile page[/u]. 2. On the [u]Choose Familiar[/u] page, set [u]'Bond Level'[/u] to 'Not Awakened' [i]or[/i] you can do what I do and go level by level. I do this because I have SO many that doing it level by level makes it feel more achievable. I go Wary --> Loyal. 3. Then set the [u]'Bond Status'[/u] drop-down to 'Not Bonded Today'. This will make it so familiars you've bonded with already vanish from the selection options. 4. Pick your new familiar on the [u]'Choose Familiar'[/u] page and refresh the dragon's Profile page. 5. [b]Hit Bond but [i]do not hit CLOSE[/i][/b]. 6. Go back to the [u]'Choose Familiar'[/u] page and select the next familiar. 7. [i]Now[/i] hit 'CLOSE' on the [u]dragon's profile page[/u]. The page will auto-refresh and show your newly selected familiar. Hit 'Bond', select a new familiar, hit CLOSE, rinse and repeat until you've finished your bonding! Once you find a rhythm it goes FAST. I have a touch-screen laptop so I probably go a bit quicker than those with touchpads or using a mouse, but it should still be lightning speed compared to the manual swapping. I wanted to put this here because I don't know if it's worthy of a guide but there have been a lot of familiar bonding discussions lately so I wanted to share how I go about it <3 Is this how yall bond with your familiars? Was this helpful? Lemme know! [/quote]
source
Litha wrote on 2021-10-15 02:27:59:
Hey yall!
It occurred to me that some people aren't aware of this super fast method for familiar bonding. I believe I have over 300 unawakened familiars that I bond with every day for money & chests & Fiona tasks and here's how I do it.

familiar-bonding-easy2.png
Quick guide above, in image.

1. Open two windows with the same dragon side-by-side. One of them should be open to the 'Choose Familiar' page and the other should be open to the dragon's Profile page.
2. On the Choose Familiar page, set 'Bond Level' to 'Not Awakened' or you can do what I do and go level by level. I do this because I have SO many that doing it level by level makes it feel more achievable. I go Wary --> Loyal.
3. Then set the 'Bond Status' drop-down to 'Not Bonded Today'. This will make it so familiars you've bonded with already vanish from the selection options.
4. Pick your new familiar on the 'Choose Familiar' page and refresh the dragon's Profile page.
5. Hit Bond but do not hit CLOSE.
6. Go back to the 'Choose Familiar' page and select the next familiar.
7. Now hit 'CLOSE' on the dragon's profile page. The page will auto-refresh and show your newly selected familiar. Hit 'Bond', select a new familiar, hit CLOSE, rinse and repeat until you've finished your bonding!

Once you find a rhythm it goes FAST. I have a touch-screen laptop so I probably go a bit quicker than those with touchpads or using a mouse, but it should still be lightning speed compared to the manual swapping.

I wanted to put this here because I don't know if it's worthy of a guide but there have been a lot of familiar bonding discussions lately so I wanted to share how I go about it <3
Is this how yall bond with your familiars? Was this helpful? Lemme know!
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.