Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Breeding Rarity Comparisons—Chryso/Mala
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25
[columns] [right][emoji=ping size=1][/right] [nextcol]    [nextcol] [size=4][color=#19a599]After several trials, I believe that [color=black][b]Brightshine for Undertides[/b] and [b]Veilspun[/b][/color] are [color=black][b]Limited[/b][/color] genes.[/color][/size] [/columns] ----- [b]Tertiary: Brightshine (Undertide)[/b] vs Basic Treasure Tertiary [LIST] [*]21/379 (95% Basic) [/LIST] vs Common Treasure Tertiaries [LIST] [*]43/357 (89% Underbelly) [/LIST] vs Uncommon Treasure Tertiaries [LIST] [*]59/341 (85% Sparkle) [/LIST] vs Limited Tertiaries [LIST] [*]194/206 (52% Carnivore) [*]194/206 (52% Featherbeard) [*]208/192 (48% Veined) [/LIST] vs Rare Gem Tertiaries [LIST] [*]388/12 (3% Remora) [/LIST] [b]Tertiary: Brightshine (Veilspun)[/b] vs Basic Treasure Tertiary [LIST] [*]23/377 (94% Basic) [/LIST] vs Common Treasure Tertiaries [LIST] [*]34/366 (92% Underbelly) [/LIST] vs Uncommon Treasure Tertiaries [LIST] [*]52/348 (87% Ghost) [/LIST] vs Limited Tertiaries [LIST] [*]197/203 (51% Beetle) [*]206/194 (49% Branches) [*]206/194 (49% Capsule) [/LIST] vs Rare Gem Tertiaries [LIST] [*]391/9 (2% Mop) [/LIST]
   After several trials, I believe that Brightshine for Undertides and Veilspun are Limited genes.

Tertiary: Brightshine (Undertide)

vs Basic Treasure Tertiary
  • 21/379 (95% Basic)
vs Common Treasure Tertiaries
  • 43/357 (89% Underbelly)
vs Uncommon Treasure Tertiaries
  • 59/341 (85% Sparkle)
vs Limited Tertiaries
  • 194/206 (52% Carnivore)
  • 194/206 (52% Featherbeard)
  • 208/192 (48% Veined)
vs Rare Gem Tertiaries
  • 388/12 (3% Remora)

Tertiary: Brightshine (Veilspun)

vs Basic Treasure Tertiary
  • 23/377 (94% Basic)
vs Common Treasure Tertiaries
  • 34/366 (92% Underbelly)
vs Uncommon Treasure Tertiaries
  • 52/348 (87% Ghost)
vs Limited Tertiaries
  • 197/203 (51% Beetle)
  • 206/194 (49% Branches)
  • 206/194 (49% Capsule)
vs Rare Gem Tertiaries
  • 391/9 (2% Mop)
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
[columns] [right][emoji=subscription update size=1][/right] [nextcol]    [nextcol] [b]Pinglist:[/b] @arcaneidolriots @ufology @LittleParade @Aoria @mechanical @Assshan @PeachieID @counterklock @LouckyKoneko @emeraldcreeper @Vendrus @capturingsol2 @LilyDragonQueen @aoifelaufeyson @coralnebula @mementomoe @mix @Annadrujok @Saphira455 @Alithium8 @BadJuju @Liirah @Holland @Zebrask @Starwindrider @CosmicHurricane @saudpunk @VelikaTheAlpha @Lola96 @KaitoWang @cloudyblossom @SapphireElegy @llamaness @Amantius @DilsDragons @BubblesTheDragon [/columns] ----- Hello all! The Veilspun and Undertide breed rarity charts have been updated with the tertiary Brightshine from the recent [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3250580]"Brightshine Jubilee 2023"[/url] release. Thanks again to @DarkPuffin for providing the first tests for the genes! [center] [url=https://i.imgur.com/6cc7h3k.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/6cc7h3k.png[/img][/url] [/center] [center] [url=https://i.imgur.com/gdk1uCB.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/gdk1uCB.png[/img][/url] [/center]
   Pinglist: @arcaneidolriots @ufology @LittleParade @Aoria @mechanical @Assshan @PeachieID @counterklock @LouckyKoneko @emeraldcreeper @Vendrus @capturingsol2 @LilyDragonQueen @aoifelaufeyson @coralnebula @mementomoe @mix @Annadrujok @Saphira455 @Alithium8 @BadJuju @Liirah @Holland @Zebrask @Starwindrider @CosmicHurricane @saudpunk @VelikaTheAlpha @Lola96 @KaitoWang @cloudyblossom @SapphireElegy @llamaness @Amantius @DilsDragons @BubblesTheDragon

Hello all!

The Veilspun and Undertide breed rarity charts have been updated with the tertiary Brightshine from the recent "Brightshine Jubilee 2023" release. Thanks again to @DarkPuffin for providing the first tests for the genes!

6cc7h3k.png

gdk1uCB.png
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
@arcaneidolriots hello, just wanted to let you know that the images for veilspun and undertide don't seem to want to work anymore, it provides a link to the chart but says the page isn't working when clicked on. not sure why, or if it's just an issue purely on my end.

these charts are so goddamn helpful for pickin out my breeding pairs, so i want to thank you for that as well <33
@arcaneidolriots hello, just wanted to let you know that the images for veilspun and undertide don't seem to want to work anymore, it provides a link to the chart but says the page isn't working when clicked on. not sure why, or if it's just an issue purely on my end.

these charts are so goddamn helpful for pickin out my breeding pairs, so i want to thank you for that as well <33
Hey @hauteur, thank you for the ping! I double-checked imgur and opened the thread in two other browsers, plus my phone, and all the images are working fine for me. So I'm unsure why you can't load those two specific images. :c

I did decide to separate the url link from the images themselves and just have text links under each of the charts, so maybe that will help? (At the very least it'll help make it clear to a viewer that there is a link to click on.)

Sorry I can't be of more help! I wish FR's forum BBCode supported the ability to make tables so that we didn't have make images and avoid the possibility of them not loading properly—not to mention a text table could allow people to Ctrl+F to look for a specific gene more easily—but we do what we can.

The spreadsheet is always available and will always be the most up-to-date document, though it may take a minute to load if you're on mobile.
Hey @hauteur, thank you for the ping! I double-checked imgur and opened the thread in two other browsers, plus my phone, and all the images are working fine for me. So I'm unsure why you can't load those two specific images. :c

I did decide to separate the url link from the images themselves and just have text links under each of the charts, so maybe that will help? (At the very least it'll help make it clear to a viewer that there is a link to click on.)

Sorry I can't be of more help! I wish FR's forum BBCode supported the ability to make tables so that we didn't have make images and avoid the possibility of them not loading properly—not to mention a text table could allow people to Ctrl+F to look for a specific gene more easily—but we do what we can.

The spreadsheet is always available and will always be the most up-to-date document, though it may take a minute to load if you're on mobile.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
[columns] [right][emoji=subscription update size=1][/right] [nextcol]    [nextcol] [b]Pinglist:[/b] @arcaneidolriots @ufology @LittleParade @Aoria @mechanical @Assshan @PeachieID @counterklock @LouckyKoneko @emeraldcreeper @Vendrus @capturingsol2 @LilyDragonQueen @aoifelaufeyson @coralnebula @mementomoe @mix @Annadrujok @Saphira455 @Alithium8 @BadJuju @Liirah @Holland @Zebrask @Starwindrider @CosmicHurricane @saudpunk @VelikaTheAlpha @Lola96 @KaitoWang @cloudyblossom @SapphireElegy @llamaness @Amantius @DilsDragons @BubblesTheDragon @AriTheMadlad @StormWater @Welgan @sense @CatOnAQuest [/columns] ----- Hello all! This is PSA post to remind everyone of the following gene rarity changes that will be happening next week. [quote name="Undel" date="2023-05-24 14:31:39" ] [LIST] [*][b]Secondary Gene: Daub [/b]for moderns and Gaolers will have their gene rarity changed from[b] Common to Uncommon.[/b] [b]This change will happen on or after July 24, 2023.[/b] [*][b]Tertiary Gene: Gembond[/b] for moderns, Aether, and Undertide will have their rarity changed from [b]Limited to Uncommon.[/b] [b]This change will happen on or after July 24, 2023.[/b] [/LIST] [/quote] If you have any breeding pairs with these genes, [b]today is the last day[/b] you may breed them and have a nest hatch before these gene rarity changes go live. (Your nest will hatch the day before, on July 23rd.) In other news...it seems the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3256441][b]7th/Lightning Ancient[/b][/url] is dropping tomorrow! I'd like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that it will take some time to create a genes rarity chart for the new Ancient. As this is a brand new breed being released, it may be a few days before appropriate candidates that can be used for gene tests start showing up. Unless the devs are courteous enough to just tell us the rarities for the new Ancient's genes, it will probably take me a few weeks to test everything and finalize a chart. Similar to what I did for the Gaoler and Banescale gene expansion releases, I will be providing rolling updates here in this thread. So if you're subscribed to the thread, you may want to unsubscribe for a while so that you're not constantly getting pings of me posting gene rarity test results. :P Thank you all for your time, and have a good day/evening!
   Pinglist: @arcaneidolriots @ufology @LittleParade @Aoria @mechanical @Assshan @PeachieID @counterklock @LouckyKoneko @emeraldcreeper @Vendrus @capturingsol2 @LilyDragonQueen @aoifelaufeyson @coralnebula @mementomoe @mix @Annadrujok @Saphira455 @Alithium8 @BadJuju @Liirah @Holland @Zebrask @Starwindrider @CosmicHurricane @saudpunk @VelikaTheAlpha @Lola96 @KaitoWang @cloudyblossom @SapphireElegy @llamaness @Amantius @DilsDragons @BubblesTheDragon @AriTheMadlad @StormWater @Welgan @sense @CatOnAQuest

Hello all!

This is PSA post to remind everyone of the following gene rarity changes that will be happening next week.

Undel wrote on 2023-05-24 14:31:39:
  • Secondary Gene: Daub for moderns and Gaolers will have their gene rarity changed from Common to Uncommon. This change will happen on or after July 24, 2023.
  • Tertiary Gene: Gembond for moderns, Aether, and Undertide will have their rarity changed from Limited to Uncommon. This change will happen on or after July 24, 2023.

If you have any breeding pairs with these genes, today is the last day you may breed them and have a nest hatch before these gene rarity changes go live. (Your nest will hatch the day before, on July 23rd.)

In other news...it seems the 7th/Lightning Ancient is dropping tomorrow!

I'd like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that it will take some time to create a genes rarity chart for the new Ancient.

As this is a brand new breed being released, it may be a few days before appropriate candidates that can be used for gene tests start showing up. Unless the devs are courteous enough to just tell us the rarities for the new Ancient's genes, it will probably take me a few weeks to test everything and finalize a chart.

Similar to what I did for the Gaoler and Banescale gene expansion releases, I will be providing rolling updates here in this thread. So if you're subscribed to the thread, you may want to unsubscribe for a while so that you're not constantly getting pings of me posting gene rarity test results. :P

Thank you all for your time, and have a good day/evening!
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
Commenting so I can find this again!
Commenting so I can find this again!
@arcaneidolriots Undel posted another gene update [quote]Primary Gene: Python and Secondary Gene: Morph will have their rarity changed from Uncommon to Limited on or after September 18th.[/quote]
@arcaneidolriots
Undel posted another gene update
Quote:
Primary Gene: Python and Secondary Gene: Morph will have their rarity changed from Uncommon to Limited on or after September 18th.
Hatchery / Brewing & Melting Shop
wXMpNU0.pngAbHPOMt.png
@IraBell, thank you for the ping. I have the first post updated with this information, and I'll get to updating the charts with a note on Python/Morph some time tonight.

Interesting that they're not also updating Flecks (for all breeds except Undertide) and Arc/Loop to Limited rarity, as those are also Coli genes that are currently Uncommon. Guess this means that the Lightning Ancient might be getting Python/Morph if they're only addressing that gene set.
@IraBell, thank you for the ping. I have the first post updated with this information, and I'll get to updating the charts with a note on Python/Morph some time tonight.

Interesting that they're not also updating Flecks (for all breeds except Undertide) and Arc/Loop to Limited rarity, as those are also Coli genes that are currently Uncommon. Guess this means that the Lightning Ancient might be getting Python/Morph if they're only addressing that gene set.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
[columns] [right][emoji=subscription update size=1][/right] [nextcol]    [nextcol] [b]Pinglist:[/b] @arcaneidolriots @ufology @LittleParade @Aoria @mechanical @Assshan @PeachieID @counterklock @LouckyKoneko @emeraldcreeper @Vendrus @capturingsol2 @LilyDragonQueen @aoifelaufeyson @coralnebula @mementomoe @mix @Annadrujok @Saphira455 @Alithium8 @BadJuju @Liirah @Holland @Zebrask @Starwindrider @CosmicHurricane @saudpunk @VelikaTheAlpha @Lola96 @KaitoWang @cloudyblossom @SapphireElegy @llamaness @Amantius @DilsDragons @BubblesTheDragon @AriTheMadlad @StormWater @Welgan @sense @CatOnAQuest [/columns] ----- Hello all! I have created a very rough draft of a rarity chart for the newly released Sandsurge Ancient breed. [emoji=ping size=1] [b]I cannot emphasize enough that this chart is temporary![/b] I have not yet conducted any tests on any of these genes, and so there is always a possibility for errors. Nonetheless I am offering this chart simply for ease of reference. Sandsurge has parallel genes from four other breed groups (Modern breeds, Aberration, Undertide, and Veilspun), and instead of having to constantly reference four different charts, it is obviously easier to just look at one. :P [center] [img alt="A table chart organizing Sandsurge genes into their respective rarity tiers. This is a rough draft and none of the genes listed have had tests to confirm their rarities."]https://i.imgur.com/rALjtx0.png[/img] [b][i]([url=https://i.imgur.com/rALjtx0.png]link to image[/url])[/i][/b] [/center] As I mentioned in the last post, I will be providing rolling updates in this thread as I test each gene. Sandsurge released with 73 genes in total (25 primaries, 25 secondaries, and 23 tertiaries), so it's going to be a while before their rarity chart is 100% hammered out. If I can, I'd like to get Sandsurge's unique genes tested first, update the chart, and then go through the parallel genes to ensure their rarities are correct and match previous releases. Hopefully that means I'll have a nicer looking chart available relatively soon! If I were to wait until I had all the genes tested to create a chart, y'all would be waiting until the end of August, and that just seems egregious considering not that many parallel gene rarity errors make it in. One last bit of news: It was announced last night that Python and Morph are having their rarities changed. [quote name="Undel" date="2023-07-18 19:11:25"] [b]Primary Gene: Python[/b] and [b]Secondary Gene: Morph[/b] will have their rarity changed from Uncommon to Limited on or after [b]September 18th.[/b] [emoji=primary gene size=1] [emoji=secondary gene size=1] [/quote] These changes have been noted on the Modern and Aether breed rarity charts. Please keep this information in mind if you're deciding to scroll any dragons with these genes! Thank you for your time, and have a good day/evening!
   Pinglist: @arcaneidolriots @ufology @LittleParade @Aoria @mechanical @Assshan @PeachieID @counterklock @LouckyKoneko @emeraldcreeper @Vendrus @capturingsol2 @LilyDragonQueen @aoifelaufeyson @coralnebula @mementomoe @mix @Annadrujok @Saphira455 @Alithium8 @BadJuju @Liirah @Holland @Zebrask @Starwindrider @CosmicHurricane @saudpunk @VelikaTheAlpha @Lola96 @KaitoWang @cloudyblossom @SapphireElegy @llamaness @Amantius @DilsDragons @BubblesTheDragon @AriTheMadlad @StormWater @Welgan @sense @CatOnAQuest

Hello all!

I have created a very rough draft of a rarity chart for the newly released Sandsurge Ancient breed.

I cannot emphasize enough that this chart is temporary! I have not yet conducted any tests on any of these genes, and so there is always a possibility for errors.

Nonetheless I am offering this chart simply for ease of reference. Sandsurge has parallel genes from four other breed groups (Modern breeds, Aberration, Undertide, and Veilspun), and instead of having to constantly reference four different charts, it is obviously easier to just look at one. :P

As I mentioned in the last post, I will be providing rolling updates in this thread as I test each gene. Sandsurge released with 73 genes in total (25 primaries, 25 secondaries, and 23 tertiaries), so it's going to be a while before their rarity chart is 100% hammered out.

If I can, I'd like to get Sandsurge's unique genes tested first, update the chart, and then go through the parallel genes to ensure their rarities are correct and match previous releases. Hopefully that means I'll have a nicer looking chart available relatively soon! If I were to wait until I had all the genes tested to create a chart, y'all would be waiting until the end of August, and that just seems egregious considering not that many parallel gene rarity errors make it in.

One last bit of news: It was announced last night that Python and Morph are having their rarities changed.

Undel wrote on 2023-07-18 19:11:25:
Primary Gene: Python and Secondary Gene: Morph will have their rarity changed from Uncommon to Limited on or after September 18th.

These changes have been noted on the Modern and Aether breed rarity charts. Please keep this information in mind if you're deciding to scroll any dragons with these genes!

Thank you for your time, and have a good day/evening!
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
It looks like darts is common
Darts vs Underbelly
202/198 (50.5% Darts)
Darts vs Sparkle
103/297 (25.8% Darts)
It looks like darts is common
Darts vs Underbelly
202/198 (50.5% Darts)
Darts vs Sparkle
103/297 (25.8% Darts)
sh5xjiu.png MUYNhfy.png JNAfoEf.png Pgv53XB.png 6ZdcGpT.png