Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Brewing Strange Chests between Notns
(A quick sidenote, I wasn't sure which forum to post this to, and while it's a question nobody's asked, I figure since it's the answer to a question nonetheless I might as well put it here.)

A year ago, I joined Flight Rising during Night of the Nocturne. Seeing that the chests disintegrated only a few days after I'd joined, I decided to try experimenting a little.

My question was simple: if one were to start brewing a chest before they disintegrated, would it remain a chest until next year's Night of the Nocturne, or would it disintegrate as well?

Today, I got the reminder on my phone about the chest, and going into the cauldron place today, I found... That the chest had unfortunately turned into dust.

Admittedly, it's a bit disappointing, but the outcome still isn't that surprising. However, when I checked back partway through the year, I found that it was still a chest; thus, I now have a new question to ask: will the chest remain if I finish the brew BEFORE Night of the Nocturne?

(The answer is probably not, and I'm probably not going to try anyways, haha.)

Overall (although I'm not sure why an active player would attempt this), I would not recommend brewing a chest throughout the entire year to save it for the next Night of the Nocturne, as it will unfortunately disintegrate. Have a great Night of the Nocturne!
(A quick sidenote, I wasn't sure which forum to post this to, and while it's a question nobody's asked, I figure since it's the answer to a question nonetheless I might as well put it here.)

A year ago, I joined Flight Rising during Night of the Nocturne. Seeing that the chests disintegrated only a few days after I'd joined, I decided to try experimenting a little.

My question was simple: if one were to start brewing a chest before they disintegrated, would it remain a chest until next year's Night of the Nocturne, or would it disintegrate as well?

Today, I got the reminder on my phone about the chest, and going into the cauldron place today, I found... That the chest had unfortunately turned into dust.

Admittedly, it's a bit disappointing, but the outcome still isn't that surprising. However, when I checked back partway through the year, I found that it was still a chest; thus, I now have a new question to ask: will the chest remain if I finish the brew BEFORE Night of the Nocturne?

(The answer is probably not, and I'm probably not going to try anyways, haha.)

Overall (although I'm not sure why an active player would attempt this), I would not recommend brewing a chest throughout the entire year to save it for the next Night of the Nocturne, as it will unfortunately disintegrate. Have a great Night of the Nocturne!
Maybe it is the answer to the question someone might ask as well, but in that case, would be nice to give it some explanatory title, right now it's more of a clickbait.
Maybe it is the answer to the question someone might ask as well, but in that case, would be nice to give it some explanatory title, right now it's more of a clickbait.
FR+10
Ping-friendly. Loves coatls and skydancers.
@StrangeColdBrew All strange chests will disintegrate after NotN no matter where they are on the site or which mechanic they were made by. If you finish a Baldwin brew before the end of NotN but don't collect it the chest will still disintegrate.
@StrangeColdBrew All strange chests will disintegrate after NotN no matter where they are on the site or which mechanic they were made by. If you finish a Baldwin brew before the end of NotN but don't collect it the chest will still disintegrate.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png