Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | For those who have lore
Do you have lore for your dragons?
Do you post it here and there within the forums?
Do you wish there were a way to compile them into a comprehensive list so that anybody who may be interested in it could easily access the lore in order of events instead of having to click through a bunch of pages to find it all?

Well now you can! I have found 3 different ways that you could make your lore more accessible to your audience!
  1. Google Docs
    We all know of google docs, and I'm sure most of us have used it before. Google docs is the simplest way to compile all of your lore! You can find the threads to your writing in the Creative Corner, sprinkle in some of your fan art here and there, and it's all easy to navigate since so many people are familiar with how google docs works. You can include as many links as you want, add notes and summaries about what goes on in those particular chapters or threads, talk about things that might have been established through roleplay, etc. If you're working with multiple people on creating the lore for your dragons, then you can also give them edit access to the document to update it when their lore that ties into yours that you might have missed and whatnot.

A con that might matter to some people, however, is that with google docs there's only so much you can do customization wise, since it's really only a tool that's meant to be for writing letters and whatnot. But if you prefer simple and easy and to the point, this might be the way you want to go.
    Which brings me to my next option,
  2. Carrd.co
    You may notice that on certain sites like tumblr, people will have a thing called a "carrd" instead of a bio, in which they put information about themselves. I know some of you are probably thinking "well what does this have to do with compiling lore?" And the answer to that is that Carrd is flexible, and can be used in all sorts of ways. It's kind of like making your own mini-website.
    The thing about Carrd is there's so much you can do with it. Lots of different ways to customize it, so many different types of pages you can add, the list goes on. Because of Carrd's "blank canvas" option, you can start from scratch and build your carrd however you like.
    Want a part of your carrd to be dedicated to your dragons and their backstories and biographies? You can do that!
    Want your carrd to be set up like a game, where you have to click around to find out different stuff about your dragons and clan lore! You can do that!
    Want a different part of your card to have links to all of the different chapters of your lore? You can do that!
    Want a page of your carrd where it has a list of images showing all of your lore-relevant dragons, and when you click on the image it will send you to another page within the carrd that has a compilation of fan art of them, or chapters that they appear in? You can do that, too!

Something about Carrd to keep in mind, however, is that although it's relatively simple to use, it can still be very confusing since there are so many different ways you can harness the features of the site. Fear not, there are plenty of videos that you can watch on YouTube that can explain step-by-step how to set up a carrd, how each feature works, and so on.
    Note that there are a few features on the site that you need to have a premium membership for, although I have found that it works perfectly fine without premium and that most of the core features that many people would use are free.
    And last but not least,
  3. Tumblr
    I saved this one for last because I know that there are a lot of people that simply don't like tumblr or don't feel like having to keep up an account on social media and so on, which is totally understandable. But I'd have to say that tumblr can also be a great way to keep track of your lore because you could compile it all into a masterpost where people can comment on the post, give feedback, and you can see how many people like your story and whatnot. Not only that, but the Flight Rising community on tumblr is still very much alive and you may find friends on there that you can chat with about Flight Rising, get more people interested in your lore, or find other content about Flight Rising that you might not have seen otherwise.
    Not only that, but as some of you may know, tumblr is pretty big into aesthetics and "cores", so you could also just use tumblr to find different story ideas, or some dragon mood boards, aesthetics that may tie into the lore that you already have going for your dragons, or even just photos that you find that go "hey, this reminds me of my one dragon!" and then you can like and reblog it as a way to save it as an idea to get a better understanding of your characters and how they interact and the way that they live.

The downside here is that, while yes, the Flight Rising community on tumblr is still there, it's easy to become bored with tumblr if your blog is only dedicated to this one thing in particular so it's really easy to just forget about it and accidentally abandon it because you just don't know what direction to take it in or don't feel like keeping up with it anymore.

And there you have it! The three ways that I have found that could be good ways to keep track of your dragons/lore. Google docs is simplistic, and can also be used for collaborations. Carrd is very customization heavy and gives you a lot of creative freedom. And tumblr can help you find new ideas by fueling your imagination as well as being a way to better gauge how many people are interested in your lore and what exactly they like about it.

And of course, you can link all three of these things in your clan bio for easy access.

I hope this helps you all in your creative processes, and feel free to reply with ways that you personally recommend.
Do you have lore for your dragons?
Do you post it here and there within the forums?
Do you wish there were a way to compile them into a comprehensive list so that anybody who may be interested in it could easily access the lore in order of events instead of having to click through a bunch of pages to find it all?

Well now you can! I have found 3 different ways that you could make your lore more accessible to your audience!
  1. Google Docs
    We all know of google docs, and I'm sure most of us have used it before. Google docs is the simplest way to compile all of your lore! You can find the threads to your writing in the Creative Corner, sprinkle in some of your fan art here and there, and it's all easy to navigate since so many people are familiar with how google docs works. You can include as many links as you want, add notes and summaries about what goes on in those particular chapters or threads, talk about things that might have been established through roleplay, etc. If you're working with multiple people on creating the lore for your dragons, then you can also give them edit access to the document to update it when their lore that ties into yours that you might have missed and whatnot.

A con that might matter to some people, however, is that with google docs there's only so much you can do customization wise, since it's really only a tool that's meant to be for writing letters and whatnot. But if you prefer simple and easy and to the point, this might be the way you want to go.
    Which brings me to my next option,
  2. Carrd.co
    You may notice that on certain sites like tumblr, people will have a thing called a "carrd" instead of a bio, in which they put information about themselves. I know some of you are probably thinking "well what does this have to do with compiling lore?" And the answer to that is that Carrd is flexible, and can be used in all sorts of ways. It's kind of like making your own mini-website.
    The thing about Carrd is there's so much you can do with it. Lots of different ways to customize it, so many different types of pages you can add, the list goes on. Because of Carrd's "blank canvas" option, you can start from scratch and build your carrd however you like.
    Want a part of your carrd to be dedicated to your dragons and their backstories and biographies? You can do that!
    Want your carrd to be set up like a game, where you have to click around to find out different stuff about your dragons and clan lore! You can do that!
    Want a different part of your card to have links to all of the different chapters of your lore? You can do that!
    Want a page of your carrd where it has a list of images showing all of your lore-relevant dragons, and when you click on the image it will send you to another page within the carrd that has a compilation of fan art of them, or chapters that they appear in? You can do that, too!

Something about Carrd to keep in mind, however, is that although it's relatively simple to use, it can still be very confusing since there are so many different ways you can harness the features of the site. Fear not, there are plenty of videos that you can watch on YouTube that can explain step-by-step how to set up a carrd, how each feature works, and so on.
    Note that there are a few features on the site that you need to have a premium membership for, although I have found that it works perfectly fine without premium and that most of the core features that many people would use are free.
    And last but not least,
  3. Tumblr
    I saved this one for last because I know that there are a lot of people that simply don't like tumblr or don't feel like having to keep up an account on social media and so on, which is totally understandable. But I'd have to say that tumblr can also be a great way to keep track of your lore because you could compile it all into a masterpost where people can comment on the post, give feedback, and you can see how many people like your story and whatnot. Not only that, but the Flight Rising community on tumblr is still very much alive and you may find friends on there that you can chat with about Flight Rising, get more people interested in your lore, or find other content about Flight Rising that you might not have seen otherwise.
    Not only that, but as some of you may know, tumblr is pretty big into aesthetics and "cores", so you could also just use tumblr to find different story ideas, or some dragon mood boards, aesthetics that may tie into the lore that you already have going for your dragons, or even just photos that you find that go "hey, this reminds me of my one dragon!" and then you can like and reblog it as a way to save it as an idea to get a better understanding of your characters and how they interact and the way that they live.

The downside here is that, while yes, the Flight Rising community on tumblr is still there, it's easy to become bored with tumblr if your blog is only dedicated to this one thing in particular so it's really easy to just forget about it and accidentally abandon it because you just don't know what direction to take it in or don't feel like keeping up with it anymore.

And there you have it! The three ways that I have found that could be good ways to keep track of your dragons/lore. Google docs is simplistic, and can also be used for collaborations. Carrd is very customization heavy and gives you a lot of creative freedom. And tumblr can help you find new ideas by fueling your imagination as well as being a way to better gauge how many people are interested in your lore and what exactly they like about it.

And of course, you can link all three of these things in your clan bio for easy access.

I hope this helps you all in your creative processes, and feel free to reply with ways that you personally recommend.
NSZvCod.png
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
WvtW9EF.png
May I also recommend World Anvil?
You can create a wikipedia-like website with tons customizable and free options.
I'm doing that with mine.
May I also recommend World Anvil?
You can create a wikipedia-like website with tons customizable and free options.
I'm doing that with mine.
1l3ppWD.png