Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Pools Punishers [C.pools grinding build]
NOTE: I am not an expert in coli at all. This is just a build I came up with based on trial and error, and I thought others might find it useful. I am also not an expert in explaining so if something is confusing, please just ask! [b]Introducing: the Pools Punishers![/b] This is basically a build I've been using to grind in the Crystal Pools, both for boss fams and fest currency. I've found that it works extremely well, even with my type disadvantage. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/519128157979148302/859147862566371328/unknown.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/519128157979148302/859147922113167360/unknown.png[/img] [b]131 STR | 44 QCK | 14 VIT[/b] "Uh, but Cha," I hear you say. "That's an awfully high strength stat." Yeah, it sure is! But that's kind of necessary for the way I'm using these guys. You see, a strength this high lets you oneshot eliminate pretty much EVERY enemy in the pools WITHOUT the use of rally or using a turn to scratch, barring the Amber Gulper, Alamandine Sturgeon, and, of course, the bosses. For the Gulper and Sturgeon, an extra scratch is needed before your eliminate. 44 Quick is all you need, and 14 Vitality is all you can fit between the strength and quick. As far as usage goes, I have not tested this build in a solo situation. At all times, I have at least two of these guys at the ready, usually with one other dragon who cannot oneshot without rally, but can take more hits than these guys. [b]This is not a solo build[/b]. For the heavy hitting pools, you need at least two dragons to be able to last through the initial setting up phase. Preferably, you're gonna set up on a mage pack, but I've found that brawler packs also work if they don't just target one of your dragons. [b]Battlestones[/b] NEEDED WITHOUT NEGOTIATION: Scratch, Eliminate, berserker x3, ambush x2 OPTIONAL: Sap, Shred, Bolster, Ward (Elemental Slash/Clobber(?)) Ward and Bolster are immensely usefull when you're setting up, or against bosses. This is especially the case for me, since I'm using dragons who don't have the best typing for the pools. Shred is also useful against bosses, to get just that [i]little [/i]bit more damage for every turn they have. I rarely find myself using Sap, personally, but it's useful for when you're low on potions and have taken damage from fighting the bosses. As far as regular enemies go, you should rarely take any damage as you're able to oneshot pretty much everything. Against the Amber Gulpers and Amandine Sturgeons, you should have just enough turns to take a 3-pack of them out before they hit you, unless you miss (when working with 2 dragons). I have not tested out any elemental slashes or clobber, so if you want to test those out, be my guest. I could see them being useful in specific situations, but as far as I've seen, my current dragons do pretty well. As far as types go, please don't copy my wind and lightning dragons lol. They were literally just 2 unstatted level 25s I had lying around and went "might as well" with. If you're gonna train two dragons up for this specifically, I'd go with plague dragons, as they generally do the best in the pools. Aaaand I think that's it. If there's anything you think I missed, let me know, and I'll add it if I think it's relevant (and if I know what you're talking about). If you have ways to improve on this build, feel free to let me know too! Happy grinding!
NOTE: I am not an expert in coli at all. This is just a build I came up with based on trial and error, and I thought others might find it useful. I am also not an expert in explaining so if something is confusing, please just ask!

Introducing: the Pools Punishers!

This is basically a build I've been using to grind in the Crystal Pools, both for boss fams and fest currency. I've found that it works extremely well, even with my type disadvantage.

unknown.pngunknown.png
131 STR | 44 QCK | 14 VIT

"Uh, but Cha," I hear you say. "That's an awfully high strength stat."

Yeah, it sure is! But that's kind of necessary for the way I'm using these guys.

You see, a strength this high lets you oneshot eliminate pretty much EVERY enemy in the pools WITHOUT the use of rally or using a turn to scratch, barring the Amber Gulper, Alamandine Sturgeon, and, of course, the bosses. For the Gulper and Sturgeon, an extra scratch is needed before your eliminate.

44 Quick is all you need, and 14 Vitality is all you can fit between the strength and quick.

As far as usage goes, I have not tested this build in a solo situation. At all times, I have at least two of these guys at the ready, usually with one other dragon who cannot oneshot without rally, but can take more hits than these guys. This is not a solo build. For the heavy hitting pools, you need at least two dragons to be able to last through the initial setting up phase. Preferably, you're gonna set up on a mage pack, but I've found that brawler packs also work if they don't just target one of your dragons.

Battlestones

NEEDED WITHOUT NEGOTIATION: Scratch, Eliminate, berserker x3, ambush x2

OPTIONAL: Sap, Shred, Bolster, Ward (Elemental Slash/Clobber(?))

Ward and Bolster are immensely usefull when you're setting up, or against bosses. This is especially the case for me, since I'm using dragons who don't have the best typing for the pools. Shred is also useful against bosses, to get just that little bit more damage for every turn they have.

I rarely find myself using Sap, personally, but it's useful for when you're low on potions and have taken damage from fighting the bosses. As far as regular enemies go, you should rarely take any damage as you're able to oneshot pretty much everything. Against the Amber Gulpers and Amandine Sturgeons, you should have just enough turns to take a 3-pack of them out before they hit you, unless you miss (when working with 2 dragons).

I have not tested out any elemental slashes or clobber, so if you want to test those out, be my guest. I could see them being useful in specific situations, but as far as I've seen, my current dragons do pretty well.

As far as types go, please don't copy my wind and lightning dragons lol. They were literally just 2 unstatted level 25s I had lying around and went "might as well" with. If you're gonna train two dragons up for this specifically, I'd go with plague dragons, as they generally do the best in the pools.

Aaaand I think that's it. If there's anything you think I missed, let me know, and I'll add it if I think it's relevant (and if I know what you're talking about). If you have ways to improve on this build, feel free to let me know too!

Happy grinding!
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
I've messed around with this build for about 5 minutes and I gotta say once you can get the eliminates set up it works really nicely :DD
Aside from getting some unfortunate starts and learning that the sturgeon and gulper enemies require a scratch first I haven't had any troubles, I also have yet to encounter a boss though so we'll see how well I do then snlkjg ^^;;
I've messed around with this build for about 5 minutes and I gotta say once you can get the eliminates set up it works really nicely :DD
Aside from getting some unfortunate starts and learning that the sturgeon and gulper enemies require a scratch first I haven't had any troubles, I also have yet to encounter a boss though so we'll see how well I do then snlkjg ^^;;
BhNPnkO.gif