Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Glimmer & Gloom Hard: 20min Lucky Streak
1 2 3 4
Okay thank you! Yeah that makes sense re the number of moves. I guess over time maybe the 7 solutions would sort of start to get memorised anyway! I'm looking forward to learning them all lol
Okay thank you! Yeah that makes sense re the number of moves. I guess over time maybe the 7 solutions would sort of start to get memorised anyway! I'm looking forward to learning them all lol
Tst6O5g.png > she/her

> FR +17

> Orp0pZe.pngWTUdL1E.png
Just some random thoughts:

During today's Lucky Streak, I was just flooded with Big Fives and 2+2s, with a few Small Twos sprinkled in. Just a couple of Small 3s, and no Big 3s at all. It makes me wonder if G&G's generation algorithm is truly random. If not, there may be a large yet limited number of puzzles in which the boards themselves are already fixed and the player is presented with a random board. I suppose theoretically it would be possible to make a tally of them, but it would be a lot of effort for questionably little benefit.

I've also started experimenting with pressing the left most tile itself (instead of the one to the right) when the first four tiles on the left are all dark. It's nice to take out four tiles in one fell swoop, but sometimes it would end up with solutions that require pressing the first tile again (such as 1-3-1 or Big Five), which means that I shouldn't have pressed the first tile in the first place. I will attempt to make a more systematic analysis of this when I have the time.

Also, I was playing G&G on the bus today, and almost missed my stop. Oops
Just some random thoughts:

During today's Lucky Streak, I was just flooded with Big Fives and 2+2s, with a few Small Twos sprinkled in. Just a couple of Small 3s, and no Big 3s at all. It makes me wonder if G&G's generation algorithm is truly random. If not, there may be a large yet limited number of puzzles in which the boards themselves are already fixed and the player is presented with a random board. I suppose theoretically it would be possible to make a tally of them, but it would be a lot of effort for questionably little benefit.

I've also started experimenting with pressing the left most tile itself (instead of the one to the right) when the first four tiles on the left are all dark. It's nice to take out four tiles in one fell swoop, but sometimes it would end up with solutions that require pressing the first tile again (such as 1-3-1 or Big Five), which means that I shouldn't have pressed the first tile in the first place. I will attempt to make a more systematic analysis of this when I have the time.

Also, I was playing G&G on the bus today, and almost missed my stop. Oops
grt3q0H.gif
she/her | FR +15 timezone
@QuirkyRabbit Thank you for this guide! However i your steps dont always seem to work for me. Here's a shape i almost always get: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/710517103865888829/838920584347516939/unknown.png[/img] Can you help? I don't know what do do AFTER I solve the rows Thanks
@QuirkyRabbit
Thank you for this guide!
However i your steps dont always seem to work for me. Here's a shape i almost always get:
unknown.png
Can you help?
I don't know what do do AFTER I solve the rows
Thanks
Untitled.pngcgfqgUl.pngfutYkXZ.png2c4d277263007f56aecf94d687c6abf54f5e24db.png1mZJgxz.png
@Dwarfcichlidlvr

You need to continue clicking hexes to the right of dark ones.

In the picture you sent, you need to click the two hexes immediately above and immediately below the hex that is all the way on the right.

After that, the hex to the left of the right most hex should be dark, so click the right most hex. This will turn it into a Big Five, so you can follow the Big Over pattern.
@Dwarfcichlidlvr

You need to continue clicking hexes to the right of dark ones.

In the picture you sent, you need to click the two hexes immediately above and immediately below the hex that is all the way on the right.

After that, the hex to the left of the right most hex should be dark, so click the right most hex. This will turn it into a Big Five, so you can follow the Big Over pattern.
grt3q0H.gif
@QuirkyRabbit
I understand.
@QuirkyRabbit
I understand.
Untitled.pngcgfqgUl.pngfutYkXZ.png2c4d277263007f56aecf94d687c6abf54f5e24db.png1mZJgxz.png
@QuirkyRabbit
Oh, one more question.
After I do the rows do I stay with the same color?
I'm just going form one pattern to the next
@QuirkyRabbit
Oh, one more question.
After I do the rows do I stay with the same color?
I'm just going form one pattern to the next
@Dwarfcichlidlvr

Yes stay with the same colour. If you're following this guide and using dark to light, then continue to remove dark.

After you finish all the rows you should have a few dark hexes along the right side, right? Then look for the solution pattern in the second post that matches what you are looking at. At the left of the solution pattern there are some red stars. Click all the red stars and clear to the right again. If you are following correctly it should clear and not change to another pattern.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking so I hope this answers your question
@Dwarfcichlidlvr

Yes stay with the same colour. If you're following this guide and using dark to light, then continue to remove dark.

After you finish all the rows you should have a few dark hexes along the right side, right? Then look for the solution pattern in the second post that matches what you are looking at. At the left of the solution pattern there are some red stars. Click all the red stars and clear to the right again. If you are following correctly it should clear and not change to another pattern.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking so I hope this answers your question
grt3q0H.gif
@QuirkyRabbit
That did answer my question! Thanks
@QuirkyRabbit
That did answer my question! Thanks
WOW THIS IS LIKE MAGIC!!!!!! Thank you so much for this guide ^w^!!
WOW THIS IS LIKE MAGIC!!!!!! Thank you so much for this guide ^w^!!
WOW Thank you for this!! I'm finally looking at guides and saw this gem xD Turned one of the games I hated the most (solely bc I could never finish it, even on easy mode...) into smth I can do in 2 minutes

I love how easy it is to understand too omg ;w; Welcome to FR as well! Hope you've been enjoying it <3
WOW Thank you for this!! I'm finally looking at guides and saw this gem xD Turned one of the games I hated the most (solely bc I could never finish it, even on easy mode...) into smth I can do in 2 minutes

I love how easy it is to understand too omg ;w; Welcome to FR as well! Hope you've been enjoying it <3
bVATeOv.png 5G2hvKT.png
hatchery
Please ping me!
she/her
FR+3
zkGu5.gif
1 2 3 4