Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Banner Sizing Blank Templates!!!
[center][font=copperplate][size=6][b]Banner Sizing Blank Templates[/b][/size][/font] [i]Slight Wip at the moment! But I will Document anybody else's sizes and templates that they want to add to this! So go ahead and help me add to this continuously growing thread! It would be a big help! [emoji=familiar heart size=1][/i] Hello there! If you are like me and want to make your own custom banners and images for Flight Rising Forums and Signatures, you know that it is a PAIN to make your own custom banner sizes without getting to see what they would look like on the actual forum. SO, I am making a list of blank images that are set to fit the forum post sizing! You could download them to your drawing devices and then import them into your drawing programs and take it from there so you don't have to go through the trouble of all that prep! I didn't see anybody with something like this, so I hope this helps! [font=copperplate][size=5][b]Notes to Keep in Mind[/b][/size][/font] [LIST] [*]These banner sizes are based on the Flight Rising sizes only. None of these will be based on other forum websites. [*]If you make corners that are transparent and leave the outer edges there, it will still be that same size on the forums, and depending on what you are doing, it could make it difficult to size everything you are putting on your forums! [*]Cropping and enlarging on your programs are still going to effect the image size! So be careful with what you crop. [*]Before you dive into the art part, make sure you check the size of your image and how it fits into the forum BEFORE you do any of the art. Resizing art is NOT easy. You can use other websites to post up drafts and putting them into a new thread to review before deciding on whether to use that size or not. [*]If you are a neat freak and want the forum you are doing to be the most pretty you can, then I would suggest sketching out your idea onto a piece of paper first before deciding where everything goes. It doesn't have to be the exact sizes, but it can be helpful when mapping out your forum. [/LIST] [font=copperplate][size=5][b]Websites you can use as hosts for your images![emoji=ridgeback star size=1][/b][/size][/font] [i]Go ahead and comment other websites you find that work and you aren't afraid will crash![/i] [LIST] [*]Deviantart [*]Imgur [*]Discord (doesn't have to be public) [*]Pinterest (just make sure the copied address has certain parts replaced with things. I'll leave the notes I took on that here later) [/LIST] [font=copperplate][size=5][b]Websites you can NOT use as hosts for your images![emoji=ridgeback sad size=1][/b][/size][/font] [i]Go ahead and comment which websites you find aren't able to host images in general![/i] [LIST] [*]Wattpad [/LIST] [font=copperplate][size=5][b]Websites that are on the fritz! [emoji=ridgeback scared size=1][/b][/size][/font] [i]These are websites that used to work or work properly on and off. If you've seen the many images in signatures that say "image no longer exists", these websites are responsible for that! Let us know what websites these culprits are and what year they stopped working.[/i] [LIST] [*] [/LIST] Now! Let's get into the good stuff and give you guys these templates! [/center]
Banner Sizing Blank Templates
Slight Wip at the moment! But I will Document anybody else's sizes and templates that they want to add to this! So go ahead and help me add to this continuously growing thread! It would be a big help!

Hello there!
If you are like me and want to make your own custom banners and images for Flight Rising Forums and Signatures, you know that it is a PAIN to make your own custom banner sizes without getting to see what they would look like on the actual forum. SO, I am making a list of blank images that are set to fit the forum post sizing! You could download them to your drawing devices and then import them into your drawing programs and take it from there so you don't have to go through the trouble of all that prep!

I didn't see anybody with something like this, so I hope this helps!

Notes to Keep in Mind
  • These banner sizes are based on the Flight Rising sizes only. None of these will be based on other forum websites.
  • If you make corners that are transparent and leave the outer edges there, it will still be that same size on the forums, and depending on what you are doing, it could make it difficult to size everything you are putting on your forums!
  • Cropping and enlarging on your programs are still going to effect the image size! So be careful with what you crop.
  • Before you dive into the art part, make sure you check the size of your image and how it fits into the forum BEFORE you do any of the art. Resizing art is NOT easy. You can use other websites to post up drafts and putting them into a new thread to review before deciding on whether to use that size or not.
  • If you are a neat freak and want the forum you are doing to be the most pretty you can, then I would suggest sketching out your idea onto a piece of paper first before deciding where everything goes. It doesn't have to be the exact sizes, but it can be helpful when mapping out your forum.

Websites you can use as hosts for your images!
Go ahead and comment other websites you find that work and you aren't afraid will crash!
  • Deviantart
  • Imgur
  • Discord (doesn't have to be public)
  • Pinterest (just make sure the copied address has certain parts replaced with things. I'll leave the notes I took on that here later)

Websites you can NOT use as hosts for your images!
Go ahead and comment which websites you find aren't able to host images in general!
  • Wattpad

Websites that are on the fritz!
These are websites that used to work or work properly on and off. If you've seen the many images in signatures that say "image no longer exists", these websites are responsible for that! Let us know what websites these culprits are and what year they stopped working.

Now! Let's get into the good stuff and give you guys these templates!
windvs1.png 67591808p.png
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Size_and_light_layer_test-_Plaguebrought.png plaguevs1.png wind_acebling_by_cicide76536-dcipnl9.gif
[center][font=copperplate][size=6][b]Basic Signature Banners![/b][/size][/font] [b]THE BACKGROUND IS WHITE SO IT'S SOMETIMES HARD TO SEE.[/b] To use these, all you have to do is right click -> Save image on computers OR click and hold and save image on mobile devices! A simple 500 pixels in width by 100 pixels in height. This is meant for your forum signature (the thing below your forum posts) which can be edited in your user settings![/center] [i]This is what the item looks like when centered.[/i] [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/808796154581221427/808796457451782174/500wx100h_FR_Sig_banner_template.png[/img][/center] [i]This is the item when it's not centered[/i] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/808796154581221427/808796457451782174/500wx100h_FR_Sig_banner_template.png[/img]
Basic Signature Banners!
THE BACKGROUND IS WHITE SO IT'S SOMETIMES HARD TO SEE.
To use these, all you have to do is right click -> Save image on computers OR click and hold and save image on mobile devices!

A simple 500 pixels in width by 100 pixels in height. This is meant for your forum signature (the thing below your forum posts) which can be edited in your user settings!

This is what the item looks like when centered.
500wx100h_FR_Sig_banner_template.png

This is the item when it's not centered
500wx100h_FR_Sig_banner_template.png
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Size_and_light_layer_test-_Plaguebrought.png plaguevs1.png wind_acebling_by_cicide76536-dcipnl9.gif
Side Banners
THESE ARE ON WHITE BACKGROUNDS! SO SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO SEE!
To use these, all you have to do is right click -> Save image on computers OR click and hold and save image on mobile devices!

RESERVED!!!!
Side Banners

RESERVED!!!!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Side Banners Prt.2

RESERVED!!!!
Side Banners Prt.2

RESERVED!!!!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Smaller Banners of all Sides

RESERVED!!!!
Smaller Banners of all Sides

RESERVED!!!!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Smaller Banners of all Sides Prt.2

RESERVED!!!!
Smaller Banners of all Sides Prt.2

RESERVED!!!!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Icons and Other Image Sizes

RESERVED!!!!
Icons and Other Image Sizes

RESERVED!!!!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Icons and Other Image Sizes Prt.2

RESERVED!!!!
Icons and Other Image Sizes Prt.2

RESERVED!!!!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
OTHER

RESERVED!!!!
OTHER

RESERVED!!!!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status