Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Coliseum Turn Order Calculator
1 2 3
@gn0me

If haste is in either of your first two actions, just enter your QCK as LVL+5 higher (usually 30). I usually use it second to cheese an extra cycle of haste if the fight goes long.

Edit: Not saying a button would not be helpful, just another way to calculate it.
@gn0me

If haste is in either of your first two actions, just enter your QCK as LVL+5 higher (usually 30). I usually use it second to cheese an extra cycle of haste if the fight goes long.

Edit: Not saying a button would not be helpful, just another way to calculate it.
@PigeonPhD, @RageAsylum

Is there a list of the monsters with their stats anywhere?

I'd like to work through the scenario's to work out how x Qck looks like for the different mobs, but at the moment I don't seem to have an easy way of knowing what order of speed they are in and it's a bit much to just go through them all in a random manner. If that makes sense.

@PigeonPhD, @RageAsylum

Is there a list of the monsters with their stats anywhere?

I'd like to work through the scenario's to work out how x Qck looks like for the different mobs, but at the moment I don't seem to have an easy way of knowing what order of speed they are in and it's a bit much to just go through them all in a random manner. If that makes sense.

Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@Goldia

PigeonPhD's calculator should let you load in an encounter to simulate it if that is what you are hoping for.

Alternatively, if you wanted to look at the numbers by hand yourself, there are three places I know about. There is the Game Database (link) which lets you look up any monster individually. There is also Sylvandyr's database (link) which shows a table for each zone. Additionally, Maki maintains a list of optimal builds (link) and sorts the enemies by zone by QCK as part of that.

For calculating manually, I would also point to my guide (link) where I tried to write out an explanation of my understanding of the turn order algorithm.
@Goldia

PigeonPhD's calculator should let you load in an encounter to simulate it if that is what you are hoping for.

Alternatively, if you wanted to look at the numbers by hand yourself, there are three places I know about. There is the Game Database (link) which lets you look up any monster individually. There is also Sylvandyr's database (link) which shows a table for each zone. Additionally, Maki maintains a list of optimal builds (link) and sorts the enemies by zone by QCK as part of that.

For calculating manually, I would also point to my guide (link) where I tried to write out an explanation of my understanding of the turn order algorithm.
Oh, thank you SO much.

Yeah, I know I'm kinda reworking what other people have already tested, but I'm just trying to get my head around exactly how to balance the Qck/Vit for my restatted Mire Mage.

I'm using a Meditate build, with Shred instead of Sap. Turns out she was a 64 Qck, but I figure now's the time to decide what exactly different amounts will actually make in gameplay!
Oh, thank you SO much.

Yeah, I know I'm kinda reworking what other people have already tested, but I'm just trying to get my head around exactly how to balance the Qck/Vit for my restatted Mire Mage.

I'm using a Meditate build, with Shred instead of Sap. Turns out she was a 64 Qck, but I figure now's the time to decide what exactly different amounts will actually make in gameplay!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
You can see the results of my 'studies' in the Mire Fischer thread here

Thanks again for your assistance!!
You can see the results of my 'studies' in the Mire Fischer thread here

Thanks again for your assistance!!
The tool's been updated to v1.4.0! Y'all won't see much change on your end, but I've added in a test suite that should let me catch typos and bugs before I update the site, so hopefully that means no more updates leaving things horribly broken. I've also fixed a few typos in the monster data that the test suite found for me.

I'm looking at the idea of adding a haste option too. I'll need to figure out what the exact mechanics of haste during an Ambush turn, since the way the Coli recalculates turn order in the middle of battle is still a bit of a mystery. If it turns out not to be super complicated, I'll put it in the next update (though the modifier will only be able to be applied to a dragon's first turn).

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed that RageAsylum's guide has an explanation of Haste mechanics now lol. It's quite straightforward, so I might actually be able to add functionality for using Haste in the middle of a battle. Look forward to that!
The tool's been updated to v1.4.0! Y'all won't see much change on your end, but I've added in a test suite that should let me catch typos and bugs before I update the site, so hopefully that means no more updates leaving things horribly broken. I've also fixed a few typos in the monster data that the test suite found for me.

I'm looking at the idea of adding a haste option too. I'll need to figure out what the exact mechanics of haste during an Ambush turn, since the way the Coli recalculates turn order in the middle of battle is still a bit of a mystery. If it turns out not to be super complicated, I'll put it in the next update (though the modifier will only be able to be applied to a dragon's first turn).

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed that RageAsylum's guide has an explanation of Haste mechanics now lol. It's quite straightforward, so I might actually be able to add functionality for using Haste in the middle of a battle. Look forward to that!
w2N3au9.png
bookmarked, thank you so much for making this!!!
bookmarked, thank you so much for making this!!!
7ntZZGM.png
LnZG5ty.png
n17QGji.png
mlHpBMC.png
3CzZFT6.png
hJVZpHL.png
l2iWcDI.png
nogqNNu.png
EpKUNoe.png
1 2 3