Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Lair Tab Descriptions || Beginner Guide!
1 2 3 4 5 6
[color=#47474A][font=Georgia][size=6]Welcome! - - - - - - - - - - - [/size][/color] [font=Georgia]Hello! Do you sometimes see people with beautiful, aesthetic lair tab descriptions and wish you could be just like them but don't know where to start? Are you confused about which commands work for these descriptions and just need a little bit of guidance? Well then you've come to the right place! It's come to my attention recently that there's no lair tab templates or guides for people who don't know how to properly format their descriptions, so I figured I'd use my BBCode knowledge to create a comprehensive guide. [b]A couple notes before we get to the guide:[/b] [list] [*][font=Georgia]I'm going to use the abbreviation LTD, for lair tab description, just for convenience. [*][font=Georgia][s]I'm also assuming you have a basic understanding of BBCode, but if you still need to learn the basics or refresh your memory, I highly recommend [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2235393]this guide[/url]. It's pretty expansive, but you only really need to know the basics.[/s] Actually, looking back on it, BBCode knowledge isn't all that required (you just need to know how to link an item and use bold/italic font), but that guide is still helpful and I highly recommend it :D [b]Update:[/b] Since this guide has been written, buttons have been added for several features like lists, bolded text, etc. which means you really only need to learn how to use columns in order for this to be functional. [*][font=Georgia]There is a 500 character limit in the description box, so be aware of that if you're planning on adding a large section of text. Formatting codes also adds to the character limit, and if you're on mobile it may be finicky to try and mess with your descriptions. You are free to copy/paste my code if that makes it easier for you to format! [*][font=Georgia]Finally, this is my first guide/tutorial, so if anything's confusing or if you have any feedback, please let me know! (I'll be subscribed to the thread so no need to ping)
Welcome!
- - - - - - - - - - -

Hello! Do you sometimes see people with beautiful, aesthetic lair tab descriptions and wish you could be just like them but don't know where to start? Are you confused about which commands work for these descriptions and just need a little bit of guidance? Well then you've come to the right place!

It's come to my attention recently that there's no lair tab templates or guides for people who don't know how to properly format their descriptions, so I figured I'd use my BBCode knowledge to create a comprehensive guide.

A couple notes before we get to the guide:
  • I'm going to use the abbreviation LTD, for lair tab description, just for convenience.
  • I'm also assuming you have a basic understanding of BBCode, but if you still need to learn the basics or refresh your memory, I highly recommend this guide. It's pretty expansive, but you only really need to know the basics. Actually, looking back on it, BBCode knowledge isn't all that required (you just need to know how to link an item and use bold/italic font), but that guide is still helpful and I highly recommend it :D Update: Since this guide has been written, buttons have been added for several features like lists, bolded text, etc. which means you really only need to learn how to use columns in order for this to be functional.
  • There is a 500 character limit in the description box, so be aware of that if you're planning on adding a large section of text. Formatting codes also adds to the character limit, and if you're on mobile it may be finicky to try and mess with your descriptions. You are free to copy/paste my code if that makes it easier for you to format!
  • Finally, this is my first guide/tutorial, so if anything's confusing or if you have any feedback, please let me know! (I'll be subscribed to the thread so no need to ping)
[color=#47474A][font=Georgia][size=5]Commands - - - - - - - - - - - [/size][/color] [font=Georgia]One [s]annoying[/s] inconvenient thing about LTDs is that not all BBCode commands will work in them, so here's my list of things that I know work (Another small note is that when I refer to a tag, I mean the brackets [] and the stuff inside them. So like [url=[i]insert url here[/i]] or [/b]) [color=#47474A][size=4]Yes! [list] [*] [font=Georgia][b]Bold[/b], [i]Italics[/i], [u]Underlines[/u] and [s]Strikethrough[/s] [*] [font=Georgia]Ordered and Unordered lists [*] [font=Georgia]Emojis [*] [font=Georgia]Columns [*] [font=Georgia]Dividers/Rules [*] [font=Georgia]Items [*] [font=Georgia]Spoilers [*] [font=Georgia]Subscript and Superscript [/list] [color=#47474A][font=Georgia][size=4]No :( [list] [*][font=Georgia] Url tags (Note: if you paste a url, it will hyperlink immediately, but you cannot use the [url=[i][/i]] command) [*][font=Georgia] Indent tags [*][font=Georgia] Colored Text [*][font=Georgia] Left, Center and Right Align [*][font=Georgia] Images [*][font=Georgia] Quotes [*][font=Georgia] Text Sizing [*][font=Georgia] Fonts [*][font=Georgia] Pings [*][font=Georgia] Basically anything with an image besides items [/list]
Commands
- - - - - - - - - - -

One annoying inconvenient thing about LTDs is that not all BBCode commands will work in them, so here's my list of things that I know work

(Another small note is that when I refer to a tag, I mean the brackets [] and the stuff inside them. So like [url=insert url here] or [/b])

Yes!

• Bold, Italics, Underlines and Strikethrough
  • Ordered and Unordered lists
  • Emojis
  • Columns
  • Dividers/Rules
  • Items
  • Spoilers
  • Subscript and Superscript

No :(

• Url tags (Note: if you paste a url, it will hyperlink immediately, but you cannot use the [url=] command)
  • Indent tags
  • Colored Text
  • Left, Center and Right Align
  • Images
  • Quotes
  • Text Sizing
  • Fonts
  • Pings
  • Basically anything with an image besides items
[color=#47474A][font=Georgia][size=5]Tutorial - - - - - - - - - - - [/size][/color] [font=georgia]Okay, so if you took a look at the list above, you'll see that there are a lot of noticable snubs, mainly images, hyperlinks, colors, and alignments. This pretty severely limits what we can do in terms of LTDs, but that also means it's pretty easy to get a High Quality[sup]TM[/sup] description because everything has to be pretty simple in order to work. The main thing is that you can use items as flavor images to instantly elevate your LTDs from noob to pro! How to Make a Simple Description: [color=#47474A][font=Georgia][size=4][b]Step 1: [code][columns] [nextcol] [/columns][/code] [font=georgia]Set up your columns! Without getting too indepth about columns and what they do, the [columns.] tag will start your code. Columns are useful in that it allows us to put text or images side by side one another while still making it look clean and easier to code. Every time you place a [nextcol] it'll shift over to the right. To end the columns and get back to regular formatting just use a [/columns]! I definitely recommend looking at the rest of the guide to understand columns easier if you don't already get it, hopefully that should help! (and columns are just a useful thing to know) While you can create some designs without them, it's a lot trickier and often ends up looking slightly messy, which is why I recommend them. Make sure to space out your code to make it easy to read; this won't affect the final design. [color=#47474A][font=Georgia][size=4][b]Step 2: [code][columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] [/columns][/code] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/726267890990448655/1127805414923325510/Screenshot_2023-07-09_223422.png[/img] [font=georgia]Look through the Game Database and find the item that you'd like to use in your description. Use an item you think is pretty, or maybe you like the description! Either way, just make sure to drop it in that first slot between "columns" and "nextcol". (Note: You can reverse the order, but it won't look nearly as neat. If you do decide you would like to switch which side the item goes on, it's pretty much required that you use a paragraph description in order to try and keep the formatting okay. I don't recommend this) [color=#47474A][font=Georgia][size=4][b]Step 3: [code][columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. [/columns][/code] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/726267890990448655/1127805415216910436/Screenshot_2023-07-09_223445.png[/img] [font=georgia]Add text! If you just want a simple paragraph description, this is where you can stop. If you'd like a slightly different format, read on! [color=#47474A][font=Georgia][size=4][b]Step 3.5 [code][columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] [b]My Clan[/b] [i]"We are all just goats here. After all, goats are super cool."[/i] [/columns][/code] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/726267890990448655/1127805415523102831/Screenshot_2023-07-09_223521.png[/img] [font=georgia]Add the tab name or header in bold or italics, and then add a short quote or paragraph about the tab under it! Congrats! You just made a simple description. But do you feel like you need something to add some flair to it? Look no further than special characters! [url=https://coolsymbol.com/]Coolsymbol.com[/url] has fun symbols to make your LTDs even cooler. Be warned that some work better than others, and often times they have space around them, so it could take a little bit of fiddling to get it looking correct. [code][columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] [b]? My Clan ?[/b] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. [/columns][/code] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/726267890990448655/1127806491882176552/Screenshot_2023-07-09_223901.png[/img] [font=georgia]Additionally, you can add several repetitions of the [nextcol] command, which will help add a little more space between your item and your text (thank you @/Archaeoraptor for the tip!) *Note that it adds only a few pixels of space per bracket, so I would not suggest this tip if you have longer descriptions and are running out of characters! [code][columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol][nextcol][nextcol][nextcol][nextcol][nextcol] [b]? My Clan ?[/b] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. [/columns][/code] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/726267890990448655/1127806492138020926/Screenshot_2023-07-09_223954.png[/img] [font=georgia]Compared to before: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/726267890990448655/1127806491882176552/Screenshot_2023-07-09_223901.png[/img] [font=georgia]It's very subtle, but if you keep spamming [nextcol] you can get a more extreme result, like so: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/726267890990448655/1127807370744053811/Screenshot_2023-07-09_224310.png[/img]
Tutorial
- - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, so if you took a look at the list above, you'll see that there are a lot of noticable snubs, mainly images, hyperlinks, colors, and alignments. This pretty severely limits what we can do in terms of LTDs, but that also means it's pretty easy to get a High QualityTM description because everything has to be pretty simple in order to work.

The main thing is that you can use items as flavor images to instantly elevate your LTDs from noob to pro!

How to Make a Simple Description:

Step 1:

Code:
[columns] [nextcol] [/columns]

Set up your columns! Without getting too indepth about columns and what they do, the [columns.] tag will start your code. Columns are useful in that it allows us to put text or images side by side one another while still making it look clean and easier to code. Every time you place a [nextcol] it'll shift over to the right. To end the columns and get back to regular formatting just use a [/columns]! I definitely recommend looking at the rest of the guide to understand columns easier if you don't already get it, hopefully that should help! (and columns are just a useful thing to know)

While you can create some designs without them, it's a lot trickier and often ends up looking slightly messy, which is why I recommend them. Make sure to space out your code to make it easy to read; this won't affect the final design.

Step 2:

Code:
[columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] [/columns]
Screenshot_2023-07-09_223422.png

Look through the Game Database and find the item that you'd like to use in your description. Use an item you think is pretty, or maybe you like the description! Either way, just make sure to drop it in that first slot between "columns" and "nextcol". (Note: You can reverse the order, but it won't look nearly as neat. If you do decide you would like to switch which side the item goes on, it's pretty much required that you use a paragraph description in order to try and keep the formatting okay. I don't recommend this)

Step 3:

Code:
[columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. [/columns]
Screenshot_2023-07-09_223445.png

Add text! If you just want a simple paragraph description, this is where you can stop. If you'd like a slightly different format, read on!

Step 3.5
Code:
[columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] [b]My Clan[/b] [i]"We are all just goats here. After all, goats are super cool."[/i] [/columns]
Screenshot_2023-07-09_223521.png

Add the tab name or header in bold or italics, and then add a short quote or paragraph about the tab under it!

Congrats! You just made a simple description. But do you feel like you need something to add some flair to it? Look no further than special characters!

Coolsymbol.com has fun symbols to make your LTDs even cooler. Be warned that some work better than others, and often times they have space around them, so it could take a little bit of fiddling to get it looking correct.

Code:
[columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] [b]? My Clan ?[/b] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. [/columns]
Screenshot_2023-07-09_223901.png

Additionally, you can add several repetitions of the [nextcol] command, which will help add a little more space between your item and your text (thank you @/Archaeoraptor for the tip!)

*Note that it adds only a few pixels of space per bracket, so I would not suggest this tip if you have longer descriptions and are running out of characters!

Code:
[columns] [item=Acorn] [nextcol][nextcol][nextcol][nextcol][nextcol][nextcol] [b]? My Clan ?[/b] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. [/columns]

Screenshot_2023-07-09_223954.png

Compared to before:

Screenshot_2023-07-09_223901.png

It's very subtle, but if you keep spamming [nextcol] you can get a more extreme result, like so:

Screenshot_2023-07-09_224310.png
Special thanks to @Severitas for making me realize that this guide should probably be made.

Special thanks to @Severitas for making me realize that this guide should probably be made.

Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
I probably don't need this many reserves, but I guess better safe than sorry
I probably don't need this many reserves, but I guess better safe than sorry
And the main information is done! I know it's not pretty at the moment, but hopefully this helps some people out, I'll be editing this in the coming days to hopefully be more ProfessionalTM.

also i need a better name for a title so if you have any ideas, please let me know lmao
And the main information is done! I know it's not pretty at the moment, but hopefully this helps some people out, I'll be editing this in the coming days to hopefully be more ProfessionalTM.

also i need a better name for a title so if you have any ideas, please let me know lmao
this is super helpful for someone like me who doesn't really know how all the coding works :"D thank you!
this is super helpful for someone like me who doesn't really know how all the coding works :"D thank you!
[emoji=scroll 2 size=1]
1 2 3 4 5 6