Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Glimmer & Gloom All Solutions
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
@chatoyant OHHH thank you!!!!!
@chatoyant OHHH thank you!!!!!
Thanks so much!
Thanks so much!
Modern dragons lair 7kXqKFJ.png COATL love!
I've been able to get achievements thanks to this guide. Thanks so much!!
I've been able to get achievements thanks to this guide. Thanks so much!!
ZVpCPil.png
your post is a blessing, thank you very much!
your post is a blessing, thank you very much!
AtXvu0n.gif
... she/her; ...
fr+4; ...
biolocke;
collecting familiars;
bookmark
bookmark
Moonstone
Jd88XNq.png

rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
rUoKR6y.png
feXtM27.png
Pompom Mums Celestine nice to meet you! call me cloudy.
please ping, feel free to message!
remember to be kind! :)
I'm able to do easy and medium pretty well, but hard is just completely flummoxing me. I can't understand what's going on in the video at all! I've been searching back through this topic and there seems to be a method 3 or something for hard, but I can't find it. Please help.

Edit: urfavzozo15 seems to mention a really useful guide, but there's no link. Any idea what they're talking about? Can I ping them? I'm new to the forums.
I'm able to do easy and medium pretty well, but hard is just completely flummoxing me. I can't understand what's going on in the video at all! I've been searching back through this topic and there seems to be a method 3 or something for hard, but I can't find it. Please help.

Edit: urfavzozo15 seems to mention a really useful guide, but there's no link. Any idea what they're talking about? Can I ping them? I'm new to the forums.
cSckuMi.png
@gnderneutralnoun

I have no idea how it works (if you were looking for an explanation) but here's a series of (hopefully) simple instructions for the actual process.

1) Start in the top left corner and work across, left to right, row by row, like you're reading a book. Don't deviate and don't worry about it changing cells back again.
2) To change a cell, click the cell below and to the right. If there is no cell to click, when you reach the right hand edge, leave it and move on (to cell 1 of the next row).
3) Once you have gone through the whole grid, you will be left with just a couple of unchanged cells at the bottom and right hand edge. Ignore the edge, we are only interested in the bottom (last row) of cells.

Now here's where it gets a bit more interesting, but still pretty simple.
4) If the FIRST CELL on the bottom needs to be changed, click on the corresponding (first) cell in the TOP ROW, i.e. cell #1 of the whole grid.
5) If the SECOND CELL on the bottom needs to be changed, click on the corresponding (second) cell in the TOP ROW.
6) ONLY if the THIRD and FOURTH cells on the bottom DON'T MATCH (i.e. one is dark, one is light), click on the THIRD CELL in the TOP ROW.

Don't worry about the end state of any of these top row cells, just click them, in order, only as required. This won't do anything to the bottom cells right now, but it's important to reset the grid so it works.

7) Now solve the whole grid again from 1) and it will fully resolve!

Hard is my favourite of all the puzzles because it's such a rote formula, it's always the same, making it quick and easy to do once you get the hang of it. It might not be the fastest to solve but it makes up for time once you can just punch through it in your sleep (a bit like seasoned coli veterans).

Hope that helped, and good luck! =)
@gnderneutralnoun

I have no idea how it works (if you were looking for an explanation) but here's a series of (hopefully) simple instructions for the actual process.

1) Start in the top left corner and work across, left to right, row by row, like you're reading a book. Don't deviate and don't worry about it changing cells back again.
2) To change a cell, click the cell below and to the right. If there is no cell to click, when you reach the right hand edge, leave it and move on (to cell 1 of the next row).
3) Once you have gone through the whole grid, you will be left with just a couple of unchanged cells at the bottom and right hand edge. Ignore the edge, we are only interested in the bottom (last row) of cells.

Now here's where it gets a bit more interesting, but still pretty simple.
4) If the FIRST CELL on the bottom needs to be changed, click on the corresponding (first) cell in the TOP ROW, i.e. cell #1 of the whole grid.
5) If the SECOND CELL on the bottom needs to be changed, click on the corresponding (second) cell in the TOP ROW.
6) ONLY if the THIRD and FOURTH cells on the bottom DON'T MATCH (i.e. one is dark, one is light), click on the THIRD CELL in the TOP ROW.

Don't worry about the end state of any of these top row cells, just click them, in order, only as required. This won't do anything to the bottom cells right now, but it's important to reset the grid so it works.

7) Now solve the whole grid again from 1) and it will fully resolve!

Hard is my favourite of all the puzzles because it's such a rote formula, it's always the same, making it quick and easy to do once you get the hang of it. It might not be the fastest to solve but it makes up for time once you can just punch through it in your sleep (a bit like seasoned coli veterans).

Hope that helped, and good luck! =)
CTF4up6.png
Thanks for the explanation! I think the thing I got stuck on was that the hard method 1 doesn't explain that you're supposed to start doing the bottom-right-tile row clearing thing again very clearly. I can definitely see why that formula for doing Hard would be so easy, but after finding the Very Hard solver tool (it should be recent in the guides section of the forum if you're curious, or you can Google it), I'm pretty happy with that. Though I might end up giving this method for Hard a try just to see how easy it is... It would be nice to not have to constantly look at my phone to check the solver tool.

Though, I was thinking, if userscripts are within TOS (I couldn't find any info about that), a userscript using the info from the Very Hard solver tool to highlight the tiles you need to click would probably make Very Hard even easier and faster. I know that the solver tool thread claims that you can solve the puzzles in under 30 seconds, but I always find myself second-guessing if I'm clicking the right tiles when I'm in the row clearing phase; I guess I'm worried that if I go too fast I'll mess up. Plus the "magic tiles" are usually enough that I have to check the tool at least twice before I manage to click all of them, since there's like, 9 possible magic tiles. ...And now the math nerd in me is wondering what the formula for figuring out how many tiles are in a tiled hexagon by how large it is.
Thanks for the explanation! I think the thing I got stuck on was that the hard method 1 doesn't explain that you're supposed to start doing the bottom-right-tile row clearing thing again very clearly. I can definitely see why that formula for doing Hard would be so easy, but after finding the Very Hard solver tool (it should be recent in the guides section of the forum if you're curious, or you can Google it), I'm pretty happy with that. Though I might end up giving this method for Hard a try just to see how easy it is... It would be nice to not have to constantly look at my phone to check the solver tool.

Though, I was thinking, if userscripts are within TOS (I couldn't find any info about that), a userscript using the info from the Very Hard solver tool to highlight the tiles you need to click would probably make Very Hard even easier and faster. I know that the solver tool thread claims that you can solve the puzzles in under 30 seconds, but I always find myself second-guessing if I'm clicking the right tiles when I'm in the row clearing phase; I guess I'm worried that if I go too fast I'll mess up. Plus the "magic tiles" are usually enough that I have to check the tool at least twice before I manage to click all of them, since there's like, 9 possible magic tiles. ...And now the math nerd in me is wondering what the formula for figuring out how many tiles are in a tiled hexagon by how large it is.
cSckuMi.png
@gnderneutralnoun

Glad that helped! I used this guide to solve some of the other puzzles but I already knew how to solve Hard from a video (which I can't remember or I'd have given you a link, sorry).

I like this level because you don't need any tools, it's just straightforward - if A then do B, if C then do D, if E then do F. I can't work out any of the maths or spatial reasoning for these puzzles and I'm like you, I second-guess my memory constantly when working with a solver. This one only requires you to remember a very simple formula!

I definitely recommend giving it a go - most of the grids can be solved in around 30 moves, and I can do it in less time than the number of moves, so 30s is a good ballpark.

I'm not completely certain, but I am pretty sure userscripts are very much NOT within TOS - someone else may have more info there.

Good luck with your G&G, whichever way you play it!
@gnderneutralnoun

Glad that helped! I used this guide to solve some of the other puzzles but I already knew how to solve Hard from a video (which I can't remember or I'd have given you a link, sorry).

I like this level because you don't need any tools, it's just straightforward - if A then do B, if C then do D, if E then do F. I can't work out any of the maths or spatial reasoning for these puzzles and I'm like you, I second-guess my memory constantly when working with a solver. This one only requires you to remember a very simple formula!

I definitely recommend giving it a go - most of the grids can be solved in around 30 moves, and I can do it in less time than the number of moves, so 30s is a good ballpark.

I'm not completely certain, but I am pretty sure userscripts are very much NOT within TOS - someone else may have more info there.

Good luck with your G&G, whichever way you play it!
CTF4up6.png
Tysvm, this is extremely helpful!
Tysvm, this is extremely helpful!
GtKO0cb.pnguUqCbLO.pngtNgQJvM.pngq0ePT2i.pngu82kOBZ.pngAT3eNmS.png4i9LHV0.pngPgv53XB.pngAQPJNOh.pngwwOiGGF.pngB1biG2b.pnguFDFMsv.pngyPlj8ew.pngss5qKdV.pngjbMLSIO.png
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42