Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] CODACOT Coli Data Collector
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Oranitha
this is probably something you've been asked before, but i can't find it anywhere! can we copypaste more than one data set into the submission at the same time?
@Oranitha
this is probably something you've been asked before, but i can't find it anywhere! can we copypaste more than one data set into the submission at the same time?
@Tanagwal Afraid not--it's a limitation of Google Sheets :(

Hopefully they'll eventually push through some better Forms/Sheets integration.
@Tanagwal Afraid not--it's a limitation of Google Sheets :(

Hopefully they'll eventually push through some better Forms/Sheets integration.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha

this is a super cool tool, it makes coli grinding not as boring and it makes me feel like i'm helping people lol. my only suggestion would be to make the submitting data link open in a new tab- as i just lost over 30 minutes of data by clicking the link before copying it (maybe that's just my bad, though!!)
@Oranitha

this is a super cool tool, it makes coli grinding not as boring and it makes me feel like i'm helping people lol. my only suggestion would be to make the submitting data link open in a new tab- as i just lost over 30 minutes of data by clicking the link before copying it (maybe that's just my bad, though!!)
AM3cfpc.png
joru
they/them
[code]{n:"Goldfin River Flight",c:"#442244",e:"Light"}, {n:"Crested River Flight",c:"#442244",e:"Light"}, {n:"Ghostly Rat Lord",c:"#442244",e:"Arcane"}, {n:"Sludge Sifter",c:"#442244",e:"Shadow"}, {n:"Sewer Toridae",c:"#442244",e:"Nature"},{n:"Giant White Toridae",c:"#442244",e:"Plague"}, {n:"Scaleside Noggle",c:"#442244",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Silky Fanrat",c:"#442244",e:"Light"}, {n:"Fanrat",c:"#442244",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Rat King",c:"#442244",e:"Neutral"}[/code] @Oranitha New Waterway monsters (fashionably late).
Code:
{n:"Goldfin River Flight",c:"#442244",e:"Light"}, {n:"Crested River Flight",c:"#442244",e:"Light"}, {n:"Ghostly Rat Lord",c:"#442244",e:"Arcane"}, {n:"Sludge Sifter",c:"#442244",e:"Shadow"}, {n:"Sewer Toridae",c:"#442244",e:"Nature"},{n:"Giant White Toridae",c:"#442244",e:"Plague"}, {n:"Scaleside Noggle",c:"#442244",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Silky Fanrat",c:"#442244",e:"Light"}, {n:"Fanrat",c:"#442244",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Rat King",c:"#442244",e:"Neutral"}

@Oranitha
New Waterway monsters (fashionably late).
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
@Serpenthyne Can't possibly express how much I appreciate when folks contribute like this <3 I've added your code chunk and updated the tool.
@Serpenthyne Can't possibly express how much I appreciate when folks contribute like this <3 I've added your code chunk and updated the tool.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha
No problem! Hope I have it formatted right.
@Oranitha
No problem! Hope I have it formatted right.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
@Oranitha Just out of curiosity, what do you think about adding python/morph as one of the rare drops?
@Oranitha Just out of curiosity, what do you think about adding python/morph as one of the rare drops?
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
EDIT: Looks like OP is inactive. When you come back, I've been keeping my own local file up-to-date, so I have code for the new venue and monster colors and everything. @Oranitha Working my way up the venues and here's some colors for Bamboo Falls and Redrock Cove: [code]{ name: "Bamboo Falls", monsters: [{n:"Ensorcelled Volume",c:"#AF8964",e:"NotN"}, {n:"Vulpine Lamp",c:"#618E9C",e:"NotN"}, {n:"Baku",c:"#fde398",e:"Lightning"}, {n:"Dream Eater",c:"#4eaac8",e:"Arcane"}, {n:"Blacktalon Striker",c:"#8c7f68",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Raptorik Warrior",c:"#7488b1",e:"Water"}, {n:"Carmine Serthis",c:"#9A5357",e:"Arcane"}, {n:"Opheodrys Serthis",c:"#6D8D54",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Ethereal Trickster",c:"#8487d0",e:"Ice"}, {n:"Trick-of-the-Light",c:"#db9f6e",e:"Light"}, {n:"Fungalhoof Qiriq",c:"#696d38",e:"Plague"}, {n:"Gale Wolf",c:"#90e66e",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Umbra Wolf",c:"#3a3456",e:"Shadow"}, {n:"Hainu",c:"#b2774e",e:"Earth"}, {n:"Red-Breasted Hainu",c:"#b54b40",e:"Fire"}, {n:"Mantled Foo",c:"#7ba735",e:"Nature"}, {n:"Tigerblood Foo",c:"#c05a2d",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Tengu",c:"#806b97",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Wandering Surge Priest",c:"#535da6",e:"Water"}] }, { name: "Redrock Cove", monsters: [{n:"Crystal Carrier",c:"#DF713C",e:"NotN"}, {n:"Veiled Vision",c:"#A23B27",e:"NotN"}, {n:"Maren Defender",c:"#8aa1cb",e:"Ice"}, {n:"Maren Spearmaiden",c:"#563d63",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Oceansurf Magus",c:"#7db5d2",e:"Water"}, {n:"Waveswell Sorcerer",c:"#6a538b",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Noxious Coralclimber",c:"#8be855",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Leopard Coralclimber",c:"#ffe856",e:"Light"}, {n:"Murkbottom Gull",c:"#856a38",e:"Plague"}, {n:"Tradewinds Gull",c:"#9ac16d",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Riptide Clipper",c:"#a5bcf9",e:"Water"}, {n:"Sandshore Snipper",c:"#9b412e",e:"Fire"}, {n:"Mirage Puffer",c:"#9335c7",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Daydream Puffer",c:"#c75ca5",e:"Water"}, {n:"Mottled Sea Serpent",c:"#794e2a",e:"Earth"}, {n:"Highfin Sea Serpent",c:"#293e50",e:"Water"}, {n:"Dainty Wavehopper",c:"#9f3e77",e:"Arcane"}, {n:"Vivid Wavehopper",c:"#70b42d",e:"Nature"}, {n:"Deeprealm Hunter",c:"#7a5086",e:"Shadow"}, {n:"Spiney Whale",c:"#477c93",e:"Lightning"}] },[/code]
EDIT: Looks like OP is inactive. When you come back, I've been keeping my own local file up-to-date, so I have code for the new venue and monster colors and everything.

@Oranitha Working my way up the venues and here's some colors for Bamboo Falls and Redrock Cove:
Code:
{ name: "Bamboo Falls", monsters: [{n:"Ensorcelled Volume",c:"#AF8964",e:"NotN"}, {n:"Vulpine Lamp",c:"#618E9C",e:"NotN"}, {n:"Baku",c:"#fde398",e:"Lightning"}, {n:"Dream Eater",c:"#4eaac8",e:"Arcane"}, {n:"Blacktalon Striker",c:"#8c7f68",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Raptorik Warrior",c:"#7488b1",e:"Water"}, {n:"Carmine Serthis",c:"#9A5357",e:"Arcane"}, {n:"Opheodrys Serthis",c:"#6D8D54",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Ethereal Trickster",c:"#8487d0",e:"Ice"}, {n:"Trick-of-the-Light",c:"#db9f6e",e:"Light"}, {n:"Fungalhoof Qiriq",c:"#696d38",e:"Plague"}, {n:"Gale Wolf",c:"#90e66e",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Umbra Wolf",c:"#3a3456",e:"Shadow"}, {n:"Hainu",c:"#b2774e",e:"Earth"}, {n:"Red-Breasted Hainu",c:"#b54b40",e:"Fire"}, {n:"Mantled Foo",c:"#7ba735",e:"Nature"}, {n:"Tigerblood Foo",c:"#c05a2d",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Tengu",c:"#806b97",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Wandering Surge Priest",c:"#535da6",e:"Water"}] }, { name: "Redrock Cove", monsters: [{n:"Crystal Carrier",c:"#DF713C",e:"NotN"}, {n:"Veiled Vision",c:"#A23B27",e:"NotN"}, {n:"Maren Defender",c:"#8aa1cb",e:"Ice"}, {n:"Maren Spearmaiden",c:"#563d63",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Oceansurf Magus",c:"#7db5d2",e:"Water"}, {n:"Waveswell Sorcerer",c:"#6a538b",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Noxious Coralclimber",c:"#8be855",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Leopard Coralclimber",c:"#ffe856",e:"Light"}, {n:"Murkbottom Gull",c:"#856a38",e:"Plague"}, {n:"Tradewinds Gull",c:"#9ac16d",e:"Wind"}, {n:"Riptide Clipper",c:"#a5bcf9",e:"Water"}, {n:"Sandshore Snipper",c:"#9b412e",e:"Fire"}, {n:"Mirage Puffer",c:"#9335c7",e:"Neutral"}, {n:"Daydream Puffer",c:"#c75ca5",e:"Water"}, {n:"Mottled Sea Serpent",c:"#794e2a",e:"Earth"}, {n:"Highfin Sea Serpent",c:"#293e50",e:"Water"}, {n:"Dainty Wavehopper",c:"#9f3e77",e:"Arcane"}, {n:"Vivid Wavehopper",c:"#70b42d",e:"Nature"}, {n:"Deeprealm Hunter",c:"#7a5086",e:"Shadow"}, {n:"Spiney Whale",c:"#477c93",e:"Lightning"}] },
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
So the tool's just received a gigantic update! Huge, huge thanks to @Vhou for donating their time and energy: the code is cleaner, the enemy lists are much more current, and we've switched from the palette system (which was subjective and a headache) to a much simpler elementally-coded system. They actually had this work done in August, I just missed a github email (whoops). I have contributed nothing but a PR approval, please direct your thanks to them <3 Also, thanks you @BabeRuthless for reaching out and in doing so reminding me that the tool exists! WHOOPS. Anyways, I expect to be able to update the enemy list the rest of the way once I figure out what's actually changed. Additionally, I might tweak some font and palette stuff, but I need to confirm it's even an issue first--system fonts on Linux can be a little strange sometimes. [columns]If there's still folks using the tool actively (curse me for never making a proper pinglist), I'd really like to look at a new data collection campaign coupled with a switchover to a new spreadsheet. There's a LOT more gene scrolls in the coli, for one. Of course, versioning coli data is a nightmare anyways, but I think the changes have been substantial enough to warrant the swap, since a huge bulk of data was collected before ancients existed.[nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/WPLNDpY.png[/img][/columns] I'm thinking on how on earth to ensure this tool's always up-to-date in terms of the enemy lists, given that I myself am barely active on FR. I do appreciate that no one rehosted CODACOT during my long periods of inactivity, but FWIW it's totally allowable under the "license" and I'd prefer my being a little butthurt to the community going without a tool it could use. One possibility I've actually used in the past is having a dynamic data source (read: Google spreadsheet) that the tool loads data from. Of course that introduces concerns of vandalism, but 1) never actually had that problem on FR and 2) if it's a major concern, we could do a "confirm your email" thing. I don't like that because I don't myself like giving up my email address, and it also gives a central point of failure (me allowing people to access the sheet). I think it'd be better if I just versioned the sheet. Please chime in with better ideas if you have some, thank you <3 That's all from me! I've posted a similar update to the quest/challenge thread, since all but the last paragraphs of information affect both.
So the tool's just received a gigantic update! Huge, huge thanks to @Vhou for donating their time and energy: the code is cleaner, the enemy lists are much more current, and we've switched from the palette system (which was subjective and a headache) to a much simpler elementally-coded system. They actually had this work done in August, I just missed a github email (whoops). I have contributed nothing but a PR approval, please direct your thanks to them <3

Also, thanks you @BabeRuthless for reaching out and in doing so reminding me that the tool exists! WHOOPS.

Anyways, I expect to be able to update the enemy list the rest of the way once I figure out what's actually changed. Additionally, I might tweak some font and palette stuff, but I need to confirm it's even an issue first--system fonts on Linux can be a little strange sometimes.
If there's still folks using the tool actively (curse me for never making a proper pinglist), I'd really like to look at a new data collection campaign coupled with a switchover to a new spreadsheet. There's a LOT more gene scrolls in the coli, for one. Of course, versioning coli data is a nightmare anyways, but I think the changes have been substantial enough to warrant the swap, since a huge bulk of data was collected before ancients existed. WPLNDpY.png

I'm thinking on how on earth to ensure this tool's always up-to-date in terms of the enemy lists, given that I myself am barely active on FR. I do appreciate that no one rehosted CODACOT during my long periods of inactivity, but FWIW it's totally allowable under the "license" and I'd prefer my being a little butthurt to the community going without a tool it could use.

One possibility I've actually used in the past is having a dynamic data source (read: Google spreadsheet) that the tool loads data from. Of course that introduces concerns of vandalism, but 1) never actually had that problem on FR and 2) if it's a major concern, we could do a "confirm your email" thing. I don't like that because I don't myself like giving up my email address, and it also gives a central point of failure (me allowing people to access the sheet). I think it'd be better if I just versioned the sheet. Please chime in with better ideas if you have some, thank you <3

That's all from me! I've posted a similar update to the quest/challenge thread, since all but the last paragraphs of information affect both.

cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha I'm interested in possibly collecting data through the tool since I'm a sucker for badges! Would love to hear about any further updates or if you end up making a new push for fresh data collection. (I personally would be highly motivated to use the tool to submit data if it was for a fresh dataset.)
@Oranitha I'm interested in possibly collecting data through the tool since I'm a sucker for badges! Would love to hear about any further updates or if you end up making a new push for fresh data collection. (I personally would be highly motivated to use the tool to submit data if it was for a fresh dataset.)
6IcEXCU.png pw_trans_s.png xx Jory | she/they | FR+0

»
»
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10