Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | A Quick Guide To Exalting For Money
[img]http://i.imgur.com/HsI35cs.jpg[/img] [size=1](parts of this guide are still WIP, please bear with me!)[/size] [b]Directory:[/b] 1. So you wanna be rich 2. Setting Up 3. How to Make Cash the Somewhat Less Excruciating Way 4. 5. ----- ----- So you wanna be rich huh? [img]http://i.imgur.com/0wVrMjc.jpg[/img] Exalting dragons for profit is a quick, simple and reliable source of income. So long as you have a Level 25 or two, you can train fodder and exalt them at higher levels for some sweet, sweet treasure. [center][img]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/014/725/576.gif[/img][/center] [b]What is exalting?[/b] Exalting is a core Flight Rising feature essential to maintaining a balance between dragons and lair spaces. It can be used to clear lair space, to earn money, or for other personal reasons. Without the ability to exalt, dragons would greatly outnumber lair spaces and end up breaking the site. Dragons bred and trained especially for exalting are called [u]fodder.[/u] [b]What's a trainer?[/b] A trainer is a glass canon specially built to train one or more fodder. They can survive independently and therefore gather far more experience than if each dragon were levelled from scratch. If you're going to get serious about exalting, you'll need at least one 2-fod trainer for it to work.
HsI35cs.jpg
(parts of this guide are still WIP, please bear with me!)

Directory:
1. So you wanna be rich
2. Setting Up
3. How to Make Cash the Somewhat Less Excruciating Way

So you wanna be rich huh?

0wVrMjc.jpg

Exalting dragons for profit is a quick, simple and reliable source of income. So long as you have a Level 25 or two, you can train fodder and exalt them at higher levels for some sweet, sweet treasure.

576.gif

What is exalting?

Exalting is a core Flight Rising feature essential to maintaining a balance between dragons and lair spaces. It can be used to clear lair space, to earn money, or for other personal reasons. Without the ability to exalt, dragons would greatly outnumber lair spaces and end up breaking the site. Dragons bred and trained especially for exalting are called fodder.

What's a trainer?

A trainer is a glass canon specially built to train one or more fodder. They can survive independently and therefore gather far more experience than if each dragon were levelled from scratch. If you're going to get serious about exalting, you'll need at least one 2-fod trainer for it to work.
XgFzLz3.gif
[size=5][u][b]Setting Up[/b][/u][/size] First, you'll need a level 25 dragon. [img]http://i.imgur.com/x06x5Td.jpg[/img] Of course, the easiest and quickest way of doing this is to simply go into the Auction House and buy one. However, do keep in mind that they are usually very expensive, often 300kt or higher. If you do decide to buy one, try looking in the dragon's bios. If you're lucky, you might find a dragon who already has some stones attached and can skip the next step. If you decide to level from scratch(gettit? ok I'll stop), [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710]Culex's Guide[/url] is a great header to how to train your first coliseum team. Next, you'll need to ping an appropriate build. Trainer builds can vary, but all of them have three fundamental battle stones: [b]Berserker, Ambush and Eliminate.[/b] An Eliminate is potentially the most important out of all of these, as paired with Rally can one shot almost all enemies outside of the Golem Workshop. Yes, they are expensive, but you won’t get very far without them. Other stones can be bought from the AH, or farmed in the Coliseum. If you do choose try and get the drop, do be warned that they are quite rare. [center][item=Berserker][item=Ambush][item=Eliminate][/center] Once you have the dragon/s and the stones, you'll need to attach them to the dragons and any other stones depending on the build in Abilities and Stats. The ordering doesn't matter. Below is an example of a Ghostlight Antictank(excuse my plumed anticipate): [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/RPnXDgs.png[/img][/center] That being done, you'll need to distribute stat points to different attributes according to the build. Most builds require you to use a Tincture of Disillusion to reset [i]all[/i] attributes to 5. This allows a few extra points, which can make all the difference. Once you have one all of this, it's time to roll!
Setting Up

First, you'll need a level 25 dragon.

x06x5Td.jpg

Of course, the easiest and quickest way of doing this is to simply go into the Auction House and buy one. However, do keep in mind that they are usually very expensive, often 300kt or higher. If you do decide to buy one, try looking in the dragon's bios. If you're lucky, you might find a dragon who already has some stones attached and can skip the next step. If you decide to level from scratch(gettit? ok I'll stop), Culex's Guide is a great header to how to train your first coliseum team.

Next, you'll need to ping an appropriate build. Trainer builds can vary, but all of them have three fundamental battle stones: Berserker, Ambush and Eliminate. An Eliminate is potentially the most important out of all of these, as paired with Rally can one shot almost all enemies outside of the Golem Workshop. Yes, they are expensive, but you won’t get very far without them. Other stones can be bought from the AH, or farmed in the Coliseum. If you do choose try and get the drop, do be warned that they are quite rare.

Berserker Ambush Eliminate

Once you have the dragon/s and the stones, you'll need to attach them to the dragons and any other stones depending on the build in Abilities and Stats. The ordering doesn't matter.

Below is an example of a Ghostlight Antictank(excuse my plumed anticipate):

RPnXDgs.png

That being done, you'll need to distribute stat points to different attributes according to the build. Most builds require you to use a Tincture of Disillusion to reset all attributes to 5. This allows a few extra points, which can make all the difference.

Once you have one all of this, it's time to roll!
XgFzLz3.gif
How to Make Some Cash The Somewhat Less Excruciating Way

In a nutshell:

Step 1: Go into coli
Step 2: Assemble team(fodder + trainer/s)
Step 3: Grind. Keep track of the levels.
Step 4: Exalt(the fodder, not the trainer. Do not exalt your trainers!)
Step 5: Profit

How you should attack depends on the build. There's usually some sort of order you should use your stones to maximise the damage and speed. Usually, the build's thread/guide should include these details, so be sure to read the entire thing.

Generally the best level to stop at is Level 6, as this usually has the best time:treasure ratio. Some people prefer to level to Level 5, since it's slightly quicker and the payout is about the same.

When buying fodder to train, note how much it cost. The fodder floor is usually 7kt, give or take. During Dominance pushes the fodder floor tends to rise higher than usual, sometimes even surpassing 20kt. Because of this, it would be wise to sign up for Dom Watch to receive pings at the start of every new week. Apart from providing warning, Dom Watch also provides quick links to special flight events during planned pushes, which you can enter from some extra cash.

If you want all of the nitty gritty stuff(specifically, how much you'll actually GET from exalting), here's a simple resource for all of your exalting needs.
How to Make Some Cash The Somewhat Less Excruciating Way

In a nutshell:

Step 1: Go into coli
Step 2: Assemble team(fodder + trainer/s)
Step 3: Grind. Keep track of the levels.
Step 4: Exalt(the fodder, not the trainer. Do not exalt your trainers!)
Step 5: Profit

How you should attack depends on the build. There's usually some sort of order you should use your stones to maximise the damage and speed. Usually, the build's thread/guide should include these details, so be sure to read the entire thing.

Generally the best level to stop at is Level 6, as this usually has the best time:treasure ratio. Some people prefer to level to Level 5, since it's slightly quicker and the payout is about the same.

When buying fodder to train, note how much it cost. The fodder floor is usually 7kt, give or take. During Dominance pushes the fodder floor tends to rise higher than usual, sometimes even surpassing 20kt. Because of this, it would be wise to sign up for Dom Watch to receive pings at the start of every new week. Apart from providing warning, Dom Watch also provides quick links to special flight events during planned pushes, which you can enter from some extra cash.

If you want all of the nitty gritty stuff(specifically, how much you'll actually GET from exalting), here's a simple resource for all of your exalting needs.
XgFzLz3.gif
Res
Res
XgFzLz3.gif
Res
Res
XgFzLz3.gif
Extra incase
Extra incase
XgFzLz3.gif
It might be useful to add a table of payouts with each level! Just an idea.
Otherwise thank you, it was a fun little read. :3
It might be useful to add a table of payouts with each level! Just an idea.
Otherwise thank you, it was a fun little read. :3
@Sebaschan

I'll add that. Thanks!
@Sebaschan

I'll add that. Thanks!
XgFzLz3.gif
Hold on, I'm confused. What do you mean by 'trainer build?'
Hold on, I'm confused. What do you mean by 'trainer build?'
tumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pnglgbtq_support_small.png
question! is it better to use meditate, because i don't take damage + i get double the breath, so in two turns i can use eliminate, or does anticipate have an advantage i didn't really know of? i'm getting back into flight rising after almost a year of being busy with other stuff, so thank you in advance :D
question! is it better to use meditate, because i don't take damage + i get double the breath, so in two turns i can use eliminate, or does anticipate have an advantage i didn't really know of? i'm getting back into flight rising after almost a year of being busy with other stuff, so thank you in advance :D