Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Ghostbuster Exalting Build
[center][size=5][b]So You Want to Exalt Some Fodder[/b][/size][/center] [b]Update December 2020:[/b] It has been a long time since I created this build, and in that time (almost four years!) I still find it to be my favorite go-to build, but I have added some efficiency and wanted to update this. For anyone who knows this build, the update is simply don't use Rally. No, seriously. It's not worth it. Scratch + Eliminate is definitely better, especially if you're leveling beyond level 5. Details are below. [center]---[/center] There are a lot of builds out there, and most have their merits, but whether leveling for profits or maximum levels to exalt, I have found the Ghostlight Ruins to be the best venue, and thus, Ghostbusters or Ruin Raiders! However, I do not recommend taking the path of training two fodder at a time. While it seems more efficient since you're going two at once, the number of refreshes that you will have to potentially use eats heartily into your efficiency. [center][size=4][b]Thus, I present these two:[/b][/center][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Waffhop.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UaEseje.png[/img] [b]First and foremost:[/b] The only stones that matter in these builds are the following: Scratch, Eliminate, Three Berserkers, and Two Ambushes. Even rally is unnecessary, leading to not only less expense for you, but the opportunity to sell any and all Rallies you find. With these stats, my fights start off Gaia/Gaia/Cer/Cer/Cer/Gaia. I don't have to Haste, I don't have to Sap, and most importantly, I don't have to refresh for anything, even at the beginning (Yes, even for bosses). Here's how it works. I start off with scratches straight up. You will kill any non-boss in four scratches between them. Focus on killing any physical fighters first. By the end of the first fight, both of your Ghostbusters will have the breath needed to Eliminate unless you got super lucky with crits. Starting the second fight, just Scratch and then Eliminate in that order. Again, take out the physical fighters first. If you run into a four-enemy mob (all of which have at least one caster), the caster will meditate its first round, giving you the chance to Scratch + Eliminate it immediately after. Scratch/Eliminate/Scratch/Eliminate/Scratch/Eliminate. And you're done with a three-enemy mob. Scratch/Eliminate/Scratch/Eliminate/Scratch/Eliminate/Enemy Meditates/Scratch/Elimiante. And you're done with a four-enemy mob. If you get a boss the first fight, just scratch it until you get Eliminate and don't be afraid to use the Eliminate on the boss if you have to. I usually just scratch it until I'm pretty sure an Eliminate will kill it unless it's really hounding a single dragon. [b]So what if my Eliminate misses?[/b] Herein lies the beauty of this no-Rally update. If your Eliminate misses, chances are you will have breath left over, perhaps even enough that you can still Eliminate. Since you build breath with the continuous Scratches between Eliminates, the worry about losing the breath of a missing Eliminate is substantially decreased. And with that, there's even less need to refresh than there is if you use Rally/Eliminate build. One of your dragons also has to do two scratches, so if the first dragon needs to build up breath, change to Scratch/Scratch (second enemy)/Eliminate/Eliminate (second enemy) at the beginning of the fight until that dragon has built up a healthy supply of breath again. Again, attack physical fighters first, and there's still a good chance that nothing in a three-enemy mob will hit you before you kill them all unless the mob is all physical fighters, but even with three physical fighters, chances are your dragons will only take a single hit. [size=4][center][b]Awesome, so what level should I shoot for?[/b][/center][/size] The best level to which to level is dependent on why you're leveling. When I want maximum level output (while trying to make some profit), I level one fodder at a time to level 5. It takes me about a minute and ten-twenty seconds (give or take) to level each dragon to level 5. That's up to 230 levels an hour! While still making some profit as long as fodder prices are at or less 8kt. Once fodder goes above that (which it usually doesn't, at least! Whew!), you will lose money exalting dragons at level 5. Here are the stats for leveling in the Ghostlights: To get to level 5: Just 3 Mob Encounters - 6 Fights One 4 Mob Encounter, Rest 3 Mobs - 5 Fights One Boss Encounter, Rest 3 Mobs - 4 Fights [b]Time:[/b] About 1 Minute and 15 seconds To get to Level 7: Just 3 Mob Encounters - 17 Fights Two 4 Mobs - 15 Fights Two Boss Encounters - 14 Fights [b]Time:[/b] About 3 Minutes and 15 seconds. [size=4][center][b]What Flights are Best for this Build?[/b][/center][/size] Naturally, any dragon that cannot be crit by one of the casters will be the best for this build. However, the bonus about this build is that the goal is to kill everything before it hits you. This means that the flight of your dragon doesn't matter as much as it would otherwise. Nature is the preferred flight for the Ghostlight Ruins, but I've used Lightning, Light, Water, and Fire dragons for this build with no issues. You can take those dragons that seem useless in the Coli, throw this build on them, and they'll do you well. :D [size=4][center][b]Added Bonuses[/b][/center][/size] [LIST] [*]The refresh rate in the Ghostlight Ruins is minimal. It is extremely rare that I need to refresh at all when level fodder to level 5. It's really rare that I need to refresh even when I level fodder to level 7. Even when I was doing a nuzlocke and being extremely careful with my trainers because I couldn't let them die, I still only rarely had to refresh when leveling fodder to 7 levels. Without a nuzlocke, you can literally just keep going until both of your dragons are so low on health and breath at the same time that it's better to just refresh and start with full health and no breath. [*]These two dragons can go anywhere. Replace the Leaf Slashes (which are just there because they're from my original trio) with Reflects and take them to the Kelp Beds. Throw in a healer and go to the Golem Workshop. I have had no issues with them, so they are multipurpose and great for fast exalting/leveling. Throw in a third dragon with similar stats, and you can farm any venue at all. Just as a note, the higher level venues have enemies that take two scratches prior to the eliminate. [/LIST]
So You Want to Exalt Some Fodder

Update December 2020: It has been a long time since I created this build, and in that time (almost four years!) I still find it to be my favorite go-to build, but I have added some efficiency and wanted to update this. For anyone who knows this build, the update is simply don't use Rally. No, seriously. It's not worth it. Scratch + Eliminate is definitely better, especially if you're leveling beyond level 5. Details are below.
---

There are a lot of builds out there, and most have their merits, but whether leveling for profits or maximum levels to exalt, I have found the Ghostlight Ruins to be the best venue, and thus, Ghostbusters or Ruin Raiders!

However, I do not recommend taking the path of training two fodder at a time. While it seems more efficient since you're going two at once, the number of refreshes that you will have to potentially use eats heartily into your efficiency.
Thus, I present these two:

Waffhop.png

UaEseje.png

First and foremost: The only stones that matter in these builds are the following: Scratch, Eliminate, Three Berserkers, and Two Ambushes. Even rally is unnecessary, leading to not only less expense for you, but the opportunity to sell any and all Rallies you find.

With these stats, my fights start off Gaia/Gaia/Cer/Cer/Cer/Gaia. I don't have to Haste, I don't have to Sap, and most importantly, I don't have to refresh for anything, even at the beginning (Yes, even for bosses).

Here's how it works. I start off with scratches straight up. You will kill any non-boss in four scratches between them. Focus on killing any physical fighters first. By the end of the first fight, both of your Ghostbusters will have the breath needed to Eliminate unless you got super lucky with crits.

Starting the second fight, just Scratch and then Eliminate in that order. Again, take out the physical fighters first. If you run into a four-enemy mob (all of which have at least one caster), the caster will meditate its first round, giving you the chance to Scratch + Eliminate it immediately after.

Scratch/Eliminate/Scratch/Eliminate/Scratch/Eliminate. And you're done with a three-enemy mob.

Scratch/Eliminate/Scratch/Eliminate/Scratch/Eliminate/Enemy Meditates/Scratch/Elimiante. And you're done with a four-enemy mob.

If you get a boss the first fight, just scratch it until you get Eliminate and don't be afraid to use the Eliminate on the boss if you have to. I usually just scratch it until I'm pretty sure an Eliminate will kill it unless it's really hounding a single dragon.

So what if my Eliminate misses? Herein lies the beauty of this no-Rally update. If your Eliminate misses, chances are you will have breath left over, perhaps even enough that you can still Eliminate. Since you build breath with the continuous Scratches between Eliminates, the worry about losing the breath of a missing Eliminate is substantially decreased. And with that, there's even less need to refresh than there is if you use Rally/Eliminate build. One of your dragons also has to do two scratches, so if the first dragon needs to build up breath, change to Scratch/Scratch (second enemy)/Eliminate/Eliminate (second enemy) at the beginning of the fight until that dragon has built up a healthy supply of breath again. Again, attack physical fighters first, and there's still a good chance that nothing in a three-enemy mob will hit you before you kill them all unless the mob is all physical fighters, but even with three physical fighters, chances are your dragons will only take a single hit.

Awesome, so what level should I shoot for?

The best level to which to level is dependent on why you're leveling.

When I want maximum level output (while trying to make some profit), I level one fodder at a time to level 5.

It takes me about a minute and ten-twenty seconds (give or take) to level each dragon to level 5. That's up to 230 levels an hour! While still making some profit as long as fodder prices are at or less 8kt. Once fodder goes above that (which it usually doesn't, at least! Whew!), you will lose money exalting dragons at level 5.

Here are the stats for leveling in the Ghostlights:

To get to level 5:
Just 3 Mob Encounters - 6 Fights
One 4 Mob Encounter, Rest 3 Mobs - 5 Fights
One Boss Encounter, Rest 3 Mobs - 4 Fights
Time: About 1 Minute and 15 seconds

To get to Level 7:
Just 3 Mob Encounters - 17 Fights
Two 4 Mobs - 15 Fights
Two Boss Encounters - 14 Fights
Time: About 3 Minutes and 15 seconds.

What Flights are Best for this Build?

Naturally, any dragon that cannot be crit by one of the casters will be the best for this build. However, the bonus about this build is that the goal is to kill everything before it hits you. This means that the flight of your dragon doesn't matter as much as it would otherwise. Nature is the preferred flight for the Ghostlight Ruins, but I've used Lightning, Light, Water, and Fire dragons for this build with no issues. You can take those dragons that seem useless in the Coli, throw this build on them, and they'll do you well. :D

Added Bonuses

• The refresh rate in the Ghostlight Ruins is minimal. It is extremely rare that I need to refresh at all when level fodder to level 5. It's really rare that I need to refresh even when I level fodder to level 7. Even when I was doing a nuzlocke and being extremely careful with my trainers because I couldn't let them die, I still only rarely had to refresh when leveling fodder to 7 levels. Without a nuzlocke, you can literally just keep going until both of your dragons are so low on health and breath at the same time that it's better to just refresh and start with full health and no breath.
  • These two dragons can go anywhere. Replace the Leaf Slashes (which are just there because they're from my original trio) with Reflects and take them to the Kelp Beds. Throw in a healer and go to the Golem Workshop. I have had no issues with them, so they are multipurpose and great for fast exalting/leveling. Throw in a third dragon with similar stats, and you can farm any venue at all. Just as a note, the higher level venues have enemies that take two scratches prior to the eliminate.

24g3RZs.png_________f6tJHhG.png9mNFxmr.pngik9FTzc.pngUeE49wQ.png_________24g3RZs.png
Can confirm. This is (with a few tweaks) basically the team I've been running ever since I started exalting for profit, on exactly this venue.

My kids' stats look a little different since one is a culex and the other was built off the ghostbuster/ruinraider's build outlined here, but it functions pretty much the same. (My team actually runs Support/Killer/Killer/Support/Killer, and I usually Rally, eliminate one enemy, use the killer's second turn to scratch, use Support to Eliminate the scratched enemy, then killer eliminates the last mob - as a way to quickly build breath for both of them so I can recover quickly from misses).

My kids also survive the Mire with ease using the same tactics. I've used them to train several other dragons to 25 with no help from the trainee.

Somehow I forgot all about Reflect though. If I can work it into my routine, it might give my kids the boost they need to survive the Kelp Beds and GW.
Can confirm. This is (with a few tweaks) basically the team I've been running ever since I started exalting for profit, on exactly this venue.

My kids' stats look a little different since one is a culex and the other was built off the ghostbuster/ruinraider's build outlined here, but it functions pretty much the same. (My team actually runs Support/Killer/Killer/Support/Killer, and I usually Rally, eliminate one enemy, use the killer's second turn to scratch, use Support to Eliminate the scratched enemy, then killer eliminates the last mob - as a way to quickly build breath for both of them so I can recover quickly from misses).

My kids also survive the Mire with ease using the same tactics. I've used them to train several other dragons to 25 with no help from the trainee.

Somehow I forgot all about Reflect though. If I can work it into my routine, it might give my kids the boost they need to survive the Kelp Beds and GW.
FR time +2
I'm going to try this out with my dragons and see what kind of profit this gets me. I'm sort of sick of looking at the Mire :P
I'm going to try this out with my dragons and see what kind of profit this gets me. I'm sort of sick of looking at the Mire :P
qz6aJKc.png x5jEgik.gif
I tried this forever ago and definitely works, I've been training fodder so fast, and I can never get tired of GR :o Amazing, and now with Trickmurk around, a build specifically for Trickmurk can be very useful!
I tried this forever ago and definitely works, I've been training fodder so fast, and I can never get tired of GR :o Amazing, and now with Trickmurk around, a build specifically for Trickmurk can be very useful!
F9znW0V.pngMOIcidv.pngTAAah4E.pngshadow-mercs-small-banner_zpssyrro27z.png
@nielybh
@nielybh
F9znW0V.pngMOIcidv.pngTAAah4E.pngshadow-mercs-small-banner_zpssyrro27z.png
Images on this guide have been corrected!
Images on this guide have been corrected!
24g3RZs.png_________f6tJHhG.png9mNFxmr.pngik9FTzc.pngUeE49wQ.png_________24g3RZs.png
It has been a long time, but I have updated this guide with things I have learned since I created the build originally. As this build is linked in a guide for different Coli builds, I didn't want to create a new post.
It has been a long time, but I have updated this guide with things I have learned since I created the build originally. As this build is linked in a guide for different Coli builds, I didn't want to create a new post.
Definitely using this as a new build for my next trainer maybe this way i can shove me existing trainers into the hibernal
Definitely using this as a new build for my next trainer maybe this way i can shove me existing trainers into the hibernal
qe7N2ik.png