Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Rsrc] Color range flips post-expansion
1 2 3 4
Added Violet and Raspberry!
Added Violet and Raspberry!

FOR SALE >>>
(message me!)
[low 7-digit]
1095441.png
[low 7-digit, unbred G1]
2361875.png
Updated for Chartreuse~
Updated for Chartreuse~

FOR SALE >>>
(message me!)
[low 7-digit]
1095441.png
[low 7-digit, unbred G1]
2361875.png
Added Honeydew!
Added Honeydew!

FOR SALE >>>
(message me!)
[low 7-digit]
1095441.png
[low 7-digit, unbred G1]
2361875.png
Updated for Amethyst.
Updated for Amethyst.

FOR SALE >>>
(message me!)
[low 7-digit]
1095441.png
[low 7-digit, unbred G1]
2361875.png
Added Crimson and Cinnamon.
Added Crimson and Cinnamon.

FOR SALE >>>
(message me!)
[low 7-digit]
1095441.png
[low 7-digit, unbred G1]
2361875.png
@tundaria @TaoEcho
I was contemplating making half-wheel pair soonish and wondering about how it would be affected with the new colors... And this answers my question! Thanks for making this. It's really awesome!
@tundaria @TaoEcho
I was contemplating making half-wheel pair soonish and wondering about how it would be affected with the new colors... And this answers my question! Thanks for making this. It's really awesome!
v1c0g2x.pnglUVfG4b.png7GZL67L.png
Former Windie! Plague 4 Lyfe!!

I'm nonbinary! My pronouns are:
They/Them/Theirs

10ttDG2.pngXC93sMs.pngtn0RSo5.pnge4Povii.pngH0t7Ypl.pngPgv53XB.png
Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but what do you mean by 'flip', as in, what sort of effect is there if the new colour expansion flips directions?
Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but what do you mean by 'flip', as in, what sort of effect is there if the new colour expansion flips directions?
5hXmmlV.gif

@fidothehoarder
Whoops, I didn't see this until now! Make sure to ping me (@tundaria) if you want my attention here :)

It's not a dumb question! Basically, your dragon pairs have a color range for possible offspring when they breed. The range is determined by the shortest distance between parent colors (clockwise or counterclockwise). For pairs with particularly wide ranges (about half the current color wheel), the color wheel expansion might change which direction is the shortest. For example, if you have a pair with a range of Violet to Sand, that currently goes through purples, blues, greens, and yellows. After the expansion, however, that range will "flip" and go through browns, reds, pinks, and grays instead.

Let me know if you have any more questions :)
@fidothehoarder
Whoops, I didn't see this until now! Make sure to ping me (@tundaria) if you want my attention here :)

It's not a dumb question! Basically, your dragon pairs have a color range for possible offspring when they breed. The range is determined by the shortest distance between parent colors (clockwise or counterclockwise). For pairs with particularly wide ranges (about half the current color wheel), the color wheel expansion might change which direction is the shortest. For example, if you have a pair with a range of Violet to Sand, that currently goes through purples, blues, greens, and yellows. After the expansion, however, that range will "flip" and go through browns, reds, pinks, and grays instead.

Let me know if you have any more questions :)

FOR SALE >>>
(message me!)
[low 7-digit]
1095441.png
[low 7-digit, unbred G1]
2361875.png
Bumping this back up even though there haven't been new colors recently :)
Bumping this back up even though there haven't been new colors recently :)

FOR SALE >>>
(message me!)
[low 7-digit]
1095441.png
[low 7-digit, unbred G1]
2361875.png
Updated through Grape!
Updated through Grape!

FOR SALE >>>
(message me!)
[low 7-digit]
1095441.png