Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | data on Gathering item frequencies
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 102 103
bumping this for more people to see!
bumping this for more people to see!
Ooo, this sounds interesting. I'm at level 25 hunting, so I'll start keeping track tomorrow~
Ooo, this sounds interesting. I'm at level 25 hunting, so I'll start keeping track tomorrow~
I'll go after either digging or scavenging tomorrow. It's an interesting project and I wish you best of luck with your stats!
I'll go after either digging or scavenging tomorrow. It's an interesting project and I wish you best of luck with your stats!
I already used my turns for today, but I'm gonna ping myself here in the hopes that I'll remember to keep track tomorrow, 'cause I've been wondering about this too!

@Nevele
I already used my turns for today, but I'm gonna ping myself here in the hopes that I'll remember to keep track tomorrow, 'cause I've been wondering about this too!

@Nevele
emeOzA6.png
Added my turns for today.
Added my turns for today.
@nika I put my data in the sheet, and I'll keep updating it as we go.
@nika I put my data in the sheet, and I'll keep updating it as we go.
I'm on FR time! Pronouns: she/her
Accents | Tumblr | Commissions
Excerpts from a Longneck Journal - beastclans-POV illustrated fic, finished
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
I love data collection. Added my turns for today.

Pinging myself so I can find this again.
@saucydruid
I love data collection. Added my turns for today.

Pinging myself so I can find this again.
@saucydruid
I've been gone a while
I still have a lot of level 1 skills that I can add data for
I still have a lot of level 1 skills that I can add data for
*idle, completely uninformed musing" I wonder if the issue is that as you level up, it doesn't unlock items from a complete list, but adds onto an existing list, and rather than add only new items, it adds a complete list of what can be found at the new level to what was available at previous levels. So in effect, any item that is on the list for every level, regardless of rarity, becomes much more common than it would be if it was only listed once, and much more common that something unlocked at lvl 25?

example:
A, B and C are set as gatherable at LVL1
at LVL2, A, B, C, and D are set as gatherable
but what the list that it draws from at LVL2 really looks like is A, B, C, A, B, C, D?

I'm a mathematical failure so IDK if that matches your data or not. Don't mind me if I'm being a fool!
*idle, completely uninformed musing" I wonder if the issue is that as you level up, it doesn't unlock items from a complete list, but adds onto an existing list, and rather than add only new items, it adds a complete list of what can be found at the new level to what was available at previous levels. So in effect, any item that is on the list for every level, regardless of rarity, becomes much more common than it would be if it was only listed once, and much more common that something unlocked at lvl 25?

example:
A, B and C are set as gatherable at LVL1
at LVL2, A, B, C, and D are set as gatherable
but what the list that it draws from at LVL2 really looks like is A, B, C, A, B, C, D?

I'm a mathematical failure so IDK if that matches your data or not. Don't mind me if I'm being a fool!
vagrant1_by_qui__vive-dafd5qu.png
Joint Art shop (closed) / Dragon Sales / Item sales and Offsite trading
@Vagrant Ooh, that's a good hypothesis!

It's hard to tell how well it matches the data, because I don't think we really know at how many different levels things get added - but it might be right. And I can totally see that happening as an easy-to-miss programming error. Someone just used a list instead of a set...
@Vagrant Ooh, that's a good hypothesis!

It's hard to tell how well it matches the data, because I don't think we really know at how many different levels things get added - but it might be right. And I can totally see that happening as an easy-to-miss programming error. Someone just used a list instead of a set...
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 102 103